christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need a word of knowlege and prayer - mental illness

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

jaytoven

jaytoven
  • 2 posts

Since I see I cannot start threads elsewhere, I hope nobody minds me posting this here.

I suffer from severe mental illness, feel hopeless. Currently seeing a psych, but still have no idea what precisely it is. I've called in to prayer lines for prayer and help.

I know that god confirms his word. So I don't need to say anything further. But if you wouldn't mind, I could use some prayer that god will give my psych the wisdom to discover what it is I am going through so we can begin proper treatment.

I am requesting a word of knowlege, if god so chooses to speak through any of you. I will not give details so I don't "skew" the results. But I am suffering and need out of this mess and need direction.

We don't know what's wrong and I could use a word of knowlege.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

jaytoven

jaytoven
  • 2 posts

Thank you. It is appreciated.

Logan

Logan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Welcome, once you get five posts you can post on other threads. Praying for you.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

make sure your doctor is a Christian..

Praying for your health and well-being

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

I've suffered from mental illness most of my adult life too. It started when i was 19 and i was hospitalized back in 1983, medicated, But now i'm 100% cured. I received a lifelong disability pension which is what i live of from now. I just want to say. Mental illness can be stabilized through shortterm medication, talk therapy social therapy etc. but only Jesus Christ can truly CURE mental illness. And He starts the moment one comes to Him so your healing is already begun. The reason the healing can take so long is the simple fact that as we say in denmark "things take time" sometimes things go fast, like the physical healing of something, sometimes it takes a while longer, like emotional healing, and sometimes, as in my case, it took quite long because the problem  is so deep, spiritual, complex, so it can take years. But i say again. Jesus will always heal mental illness, always. And He starts the moment one becomes His child and He only stops when one is either totally cured or died and gone to heaven.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Welcome to Worthy!! God is the God of hope and all things good. What is keeping you from trusting Him and placing your hope inHim?
Go to God for He is our refuge and abiding place. Trust that He has only your good planned for you.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
We do welcome you. I, too, am praying. Jesus came for those of us who recognize our need. Remember the 10 lepers? Only one came back and prostrated himself before Jesus in worship and thanksgiving. Those two things are very necessary for our mental health. They are things you can start doing now, as you anticipate an answer to our prayers.
Blessings,
Willa

Andromeda 1

Andromeda 1
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Since I see I cannot start threads elsewhere, I hope nobody minds me posting this here.

I suffer from severe mental illness, feel hopeless. Currently seeing a psych, but still have no idea what precisely it is. I've called in to prayer lines for prayer and help.

I know that god confirms his word. So I don't need to say anything further. But if you wouldn't mind, I could use some prayer that god will give my psych the wisdom to discover what it is I am going through so we can begin proper treatment.

I am requesting a word of knowlege, if god so chooses to speak through any of you. I will not give details so I don't "skew" the results. But I am suffering and need out of this mess and need direction.

First thing you should do is stop speaking negative affirmations over your life.  You are creating your own illness by agreeing with it in the first place mentally then its manifests itself in the natural world, after you have agreed to the blueprint.  STOP doin that.  Everything is created twice.....think about it.  And yes, I will pray for you but YOU must take action.

Andromeda 1

Andromeda 1
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Also there are plenty of good books out there depending on your situation. Go to God about it.  and actually trust him.

Andromeda 1

Andromeda 1
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Also, if you considering hurting yourself or somebody else go to the emergency room immediately,  Whatever it is that is bother ing you it is NOT your fault.

Andromeda 1

Andromeda 1
  • Members
  • 6 posts

take one step at a time. and be thankful.  There is always somebody worse off.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Mental illness is a brain disorder. It is a sickness just like diabetes or heart trouble. A disease that is very dibilatating because it interfears with your thought process and ability to reason and fuction in society. I am praying for you! May God bless you and your mental health professionals and may you find the correct treatment plan. Medicine is great when you find the correct one and thearpy works along with the medicine so you can learn about your illness, triggers, and weaknesses you have which cause you difficulties. It is a daily struggle as with any disease; however it is particularly hard because it is a chemical imbalance in your brain. This causes problems in things most of us take for granted every day.

I have no knowledge in myself, but my Savior knows all things. He is the great physician! He made you and knew you before you were knitted together in your mothers woumb and He can help you in your times of need. Just keep your faith and pray and follow Him with all your heart.
You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Welcome to Worthy!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings jaytoven

Welcome to Worthy........Praise our Lord!!!!I am sure you will get many more replies if you post this in an appropriate forum once you have reached 5 posts........This is the Welcome Forum & most the folks that come here are coming to greet new guests as they arrive........perhaps it would be received well in the "Am I Alone & Struggling" forum......one of the mods may move it for you ,they usually go above & beyond what you would expect them to do!

Worthy is truly a Blessing to us all,,,,,                                                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

j102

j102

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:depends on my mood :D

Hi jay first off I want to say hi and also that you'll find a lot of prayer support here so just ask for prayer anytime your feeling overwhelmed.
God may or may not give you a word of knowledge concerning your illness but whether he does or doesn't remember he loves you and wants you to be made whole. I was suffering from aspergers syndrome for probably most of my life even though I wasn't officaly diagnosed with it. My psych Dr. Said she sees a whole lot of symptoms of it though.
Then one day I was watching a Christian TV show (actually I wasn't watching i had the volume off) and when I just happened to press the volume button, a ladie was saying there was a young man with a mild form of aspergers syndrome and god is healing that right now.
Well as soon as I heard that and had time to think if that could be for me, I felt this tremendous mental and emotional cloud leave my mind and felt better than I have in years.

jduck1986

jduck1986
  • 4 posts

I'm not sure what you suffer from but I also have mental illness. Maybe we can talk sometime. I'd love to help ya out.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network