christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

is it time wasting? or road to salvation? or what?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Innocent Stephen

Innocent Stephen
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:The word of God
many peoples go to church always,at least every Sunday.Everybody claims to be a Christian and is a nice feeling.Biblically,the most high God is to be worshipped in truth and in spirit,but many peoples within themselves know that the will of God is not what they are after,if they are ask to judge themselves with the truth,they will confess that they are not of God but they are always in the house of God.are they wasting their time? or is the road to salvation?.I don't know but I belief that when Jesus comes,not all peoples in the church will go with him,apart from those going are the rest wasting their time in church?,I don't know but you know,are you wasting your time?.always busy in the church and physically you are praised,is it also in spirit and in truth?.brethren,is your presence in church time wasting or road to salvation?.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,351 posts

The Lord deserves to be worshiped. If they are not saved but are in church worshiping Him, that is not wasting time. If they hear a sermon in church which preaches the word of God, that is not wasted time either. They are hearing the gospel at least. 

As for me, I am constantly, almost on a daily basis or even several times a day, checking myself to see if my heart is in the right place. I want my time in church to be about the Lord, praising and worshiping Him. Sometimes Im distracted but I do attempt to put Him first. I want to put Him first in all things.

Church is not a road to salvation nor is it time wasting. There are many unsaved in the church too but what better place should they be in except church?

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,191 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

many peoples go to church always,at least every Sunday.Everybody claims to be a Christian and is a nice feeling.Biblically,the most high God is to be worshipped in truth and in spirit,but many peoples within themselves know that the will of God is not what they are after,if they are ask to judge themselves with the truth,they will confess that they are not of God but they are always in the house of God.are they wasting their time? or is the road to salvation?.I don't know but I belief that when Jesus comes,not all peoples in the church will go with him,apart from those going are the rest wasting their time in church?,I don't know but you know,are you wasting your time?.always busy in the church and physically you are praised,is it also in spirit and in truth?.brethren,is your presence in church time wasting or road to salvation?.

Were you thinking of this scripture when you posted?

Mat 7:20  Therefore by their fruits you shall know them. 
Mat 7:21  Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. 
Mat 7:22  Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works? 
Mat 7:23  And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness! 

Innocent Stephen

Innocent Stephen
  • Members
  • 45 posts
"but what better place should they be in except church.sheba I really love that statement.

Innocent Stephen

Innocent Stephen
  • Members
  • 45 posts
there is no place like the church but the question is does the worship of a sinner please God?

Innocent Stephen

Innocent Stephen
  • Members
  • 45 posts
fez,your quotes are displaying that some of us worship in vain,it does not please God at all

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings stephen.....

Faith comes by hearing,hearing the Word of God & it is through our Faith in the knowledge of our Savior that we receive Gods Grace so church is not a waste of time,though none are Saved by their works ,efforts are not in vain.....what is in vain is 'going through the motions" neither in Faith or with an earnest heart,

Fez quoted Scripture that must be taken in context,,,,,,,this is not about worship being in vain,there is much more to it,I believe Fez was just asking if those were the Scriptures you were referring to?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
Our pastor once asked the same question. He was fearful for those who had hardened their hearts in sin and unbelief but who sat in church week after week, continuing to harden their hearts even more. Of course, If God has not opened their eyes and ears yet, there is still hope that they will hear the Gospel. I do think there is no better place for them to be. It is the ones who continue to say no to God who are sealing their condemnation.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network