christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

is it a sin....

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cletus

Cletus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I have been coming to this forum for a few ticks and I want to throw this out there. Occasionaly I see someone asking is such and such a sin. And it is good to have other believers to lean on, however, if someone tells you no its not a sin and you continue in it and it is actually a sin then the person asking may have placed that brother or sister in a place to put stumbleing blocks in front of you... which is for them a sin. God may not have dealt with them on it yet. And also to them it may not be a sin. A generic example would be eatingmeat. Some say eating meat is murder and barbaric and others, like myself, enjoy meat. I am not saying not to ask for guidance because we are the body and we must work together. What I am saying is God is very gentle with us at removing sin from our lives and He does not put guilt on us to do so. Consider that if you are questioning if something is sin or not that God may be dealing with you on it already. Pray on it. Its good to have the body for help but ultimately you need to get with God on it. Afterall He is the one that will say well done thy faithful servant.

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:I like to draw anime or play video games sometime but my life completely revolves around God

I have been coming to this forum for a few ticks and I want to throw this out there. Occasionaly I see someone asking is such and such a sin. And it is good to have other believers to lean on, however, if someone tells you no its not a sin and you continue in it and it is actually a sin then the person asking may have placed that brother or sister in a place to put stumbleing blocks in front of you... which is for them a sin. God may not have dealt with them on it yet. And also to them it may not be a sin. A generic example would be eatingmeat. Some say eating meat is murder and barbaric and others, like myself, enjoy meat. I am not saying not to ask for guidance because we are the body and we must work together. What I am saying is God is very gentle with us at removing sin from our lives and He does not put guilt on us to do so. Consider that if you are questioning if something is sin or not that God may be dealing with you on it already. Pray on it. Its good to have the body for help but ultimately you need to get with God on it. Afterall He is the one that will say well done thy faithful servant.

Bravo well done! :thumbsup:

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.

Well, if you feel guilty about doing it, it is likely a sin, if you canot do it in faith, it is sin. One heart will usually let a person know when they are sinning. Sometimes, asking if something is a sin, is looking for someone to give you an excuse to continue in sin. If it is unloving, it is a sin. If it is selfishly motivate, it is probably a sin. 

Sin is a matter of the heart, and not always a matter of something written down as a commandment or a law.Gos looks on the heart, and while we cannot judge even our own hearts perfectly, we can often gain great insight in trying to see it through God's eyes. It might be a bit cliche, but that question: "What would jesus do?" is still a great one to ask. However, if we do not get to know jesus well, we may not be able to even answer that questions with confidence.

We have a great resource in God's written word, knowing what it says, will answer all the questions we need to know about our spiritual, lives, ignoring God's word, leads to spiritual ignorance and  foolish decisions.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,984 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

....ultimately you need to get with God on it....

....After all He is the one that will say well done thy faithful servant....

:thumbsup:

Salvation

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8

Works

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:9

Walks

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

And Brothers

Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand. 2 Corinthians 1:24

~

PS: While Some Of The Faithful May Walk With A Double Bacon Cheese Bugger

And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. Acts 10:11-13

Some Will Walk With A Simple Double Celery Stick

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Romans 14:21

Yet All Walk In The Foot Prints

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

Of Christ

Therefore we do not lose heart.

Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)

As I See It

Pass The Hummus Please :)

Cletus

Cletus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Omegaman, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on this and while reading I had one more thought. You asked the old question what would Jesus do. I used to have a mentor that told me He would obey The Father. I had one of those braclets and I was always wondering the answer to the question.

and Joe, I didnt mean to say works if thats what your post is implying. I was speaking of living in a way that is pleasing and glorifying to God. Really my post was to encourage people to live a more holy life, which is my desire and challenge. I know i cant do it without him, but i am glad you mentioned it. for me it is academic we are not saved by works but i often forget others are not always on the same page and come across as saying it is by works.

glad you enjoyed it fire heart.

clark thompson

clark thompson

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

We should look at what we can get away with but look for things that are good, we need to be more asking can this help some one.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

Excellent point Cletus.  People do ask those kind of questions about all kinds of topics.  You could in theory have everyone in full agreement, and they could all be wrong.  If you ask me a question, like "Is it a sin to get a tattoo?," and I say it is, followed by 5 others saying it is not, what does that really prove?  It only shows the person asking the question what others think.  I could be wrong, or the 5 could be wrong.  Only God knows for sure.  We need to have things settled in our own minds, because we will give account for our own actions.  This applies to any question you could ask. 

Johnlove

Johnlove

• Members *
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:God
    Family
    wood carving
    Bowling

(John 16:13) “But when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking as from himself but will say only what he has learnt; and he will tell you of the things to come.”

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network