Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hi

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi I'm Sarah, I'm a bit nervous about posting (never posted on any forum before) 

I've grown up in a non religious family, went to a non faith school, so I've grown up with no faith at all. However in August last year my life completely changed, I became ill and my body has been struggling ever since but since then I feel like I started listening for the first time and what I've seen, felt and heard is showing me a pathway towards God. I am hoping that the forum here will help me whilst I walk this new path. 

Edited by sarahjones7

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy!

Since the world hates God, they will hate us also.  Don't seek a religion, but a personal relationship with God.  Speak to Him like you would any other person, remembering that He knows your heart better than you do.  Sit and just talk with Him and He will make Himself known to you.  Don't worry about how or what anyone else thinks about your new relationship with God.  Personally, I would much rather pass from this life having no other friends than God, then to pass having millions of friends, omitting God from the list.

Posted · Report post

Hi, Sarah. Welcome to Worthy! You have a very sweet testimony, dear Sister... You're in good hands with the Lord your God, as well with the hearts of many caring mothers here at Worthy. Don't be afraid. Everything's gonna be alright, you're safe here.

God bless you,

Shalom

David/BeauJangles

Posted · Report post

Blessings sarahjones!

Welcome to Worthy....I am just thrilled that you are here .....don't be nervous about posting here,here you are loved .......do you know why you are loved?Well,I will tell you why I love you.....because Jesus abides in me & He loves you!He loves you so very much......wanna know how much?Well I will tell you how much....so much that  He gave His life for YOU!........do you wanna know why?   Well,I will tell you why,so that you can have everlasting life by the Grace of God!!!!

Wow,huh!?    Oh,there is so much Good News here sarajones..............And the Good News is all about Jesus  & Gods love for you,,,,,so see,nothing to be nervous about!!!!! You are going to have a wonderful journey on this new path that you have been called to follow!!!!!

With love--in Christ,Kwik

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy.

Posted · Report post

Hi Sarah, this is the kindest forum and the first one I joined, too. There are unbelievers, new believers like you, and old believers like me.

I hope you have a Bible. If you don't, you can get one online. You should start in the New Testament toward the end of the Bible and in the Gospel of John. There are also letters from John at the very end, but the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are at the beginning of the New Testament and record what God wants us to know about the life of Jesus. I use BibleOntheWeb.com or StudyBilbe.info, but there are many other good ones.

Christianity is the only religion that is based on a personal relationship with our Creator, who came to us to give us a way to have our sins forgiven so that we might be holy and acceptable to come into His presence, both on earth and in heaven. When Jesus was on earth He was perfect in every way and without sin, so He traded places with all of mankind and took on Himself the death penalty for all of us, but put His righteousness and goodness on our account. That way we are seen as perfect in God's eyes and able to come to Him without fear. Jesus is with God our Father now and is praying for us. Jesus is the only way for us to come to God, and He is also God. They are part of each other. Jesus took part in creation of all things as well. God has promised a new life that can communicate with Him when we accept that Jesus died for us because God loves us. That new life produces love, joy and peace in us when we receive Christ. He also promised that when we die we will come immedely into the presence of Jesus Christ and into the glory of God in heaven. I do pray that God will help us to give you a strong foundation for your faith.so you can grow daily to become more like Christ.

Blessings,

Willa

Posted · Report post

Thank you all for such a wonderful welcome, I'm feeling alot less nervous already :)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to worthy, SarahJones. And God bless you on your new path. You chosen right. But remember, God is right there for you. Right now. The christian life is a walk, yes.. But it starts when we receive Christ in our hearts and minds. When we simply say "Yes Jesus, you can come into my life". And then you have it. All of it. And then the path your walking is a path of joy. Not of search.

Posted · Report post

Hi Sarah I am new here too welcome and God Bless you

Posted · Report post

Hi Sarah, welcome to worthy

Posted · Report post

Welcome~!

Posted · Report post

hi, I am kind of the same way. My relationship with Jesus is also personal and I don't go to church much. I am so happy to be here!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy!!