I've been pondering the below for a little while. On the outside, it seems like a simple thing, but believe there is much depth in it. To be sure I'm thinking properly, I post this to you for testing and critiquing.
Here are a few questions I'm asking myself:
- Is this sound biblical thinking? Can this be backed up with scripture?
- Can a successful life-walk with God be "wrapped up" in such a simple outline?
- Are there any ingredients missing? If so, what is/are they?
How would you answer the questions above, from the thoughts below?
The spirit of God plants the seed, as the wind plants seed, in one's heart (born again?).
The seed grows as it is watered and fed by:
- reading God's word, the bible.
- prayer! (humble submission before God, the Father. In boldness before the throne.)
- contemplation on the bible.
- applying bible to my own life.
- faith (obedience, action,)
- assembling with brothers and sisters
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength.
Love thy neighbor as thyself
The Flesh grows. The Flesh dies.
The spirit (product of the seed) is the incorruption and lives forever. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"
Edited by mevosper, 07 July 2014 - 07:26 PM.