christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spouse or children/grandchildren: advice please

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Katmc

Katmc
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Family, cooking, reading, exercise/Zumba, gardening
I'm new here and looking for some advice. I have been praying for a situation...asking for guidance from the Holy Spirit, and still feeling unsure. I am a mother of 3 grown children, 4 grandchildren, currently living with my husband within 30 miles of all said children/grands. We are currently in a northern state ( moved here 15 years ago from a southern state). My dilemma is this: now that the kids are grown with families of their own, my husband is ready to go back south...warmer weather...more work opportunities for him and closer to my mom and sisters. Sounds perfect, right? Well I am having a very difficult time thinking of leaving my kids/grands. I know I am to be submissive to my husband...he is such a good man, if he thinks I will be the least bit unhappy he won't think about us going. But it has been his desire for quite some time now. I want to do this for him...and at times I feel a total peace about the situation....then feelings of overwhelming sadness and anxiety start to creep in (Satan attacking??) any advice, words of wisdom, scripture you have for me would be greatly appreciated.
In His love,
Kat

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,570 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Welcome to Worthy!! Talk through the problem together .

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,498 posts
  • Interests:my interests vary from week to week, but my faith never does!

your place is with your husband. your kids will be fine without you! i know the issue is that you don't want to miss them, and especially miss the grandkids growing up. trust me, i KNOW what you're talking about. three years ago we moved back to texas. my youngest daughter and her two sons stayed on the other side of the country. and then i learned she was pregnant again, this time with my first granddaughter. and while we were moving closer to my other daughter and her kids, they were still going to be a 12 hour drive away.

fortunately for me, my youngest daughter's husband has transferred down south. they'll now only be a few hours away.... easy drive. 

but here's the deal that you need to remember. (besides the obvious vow you made a million years ago that your place is with your husband...) SKYPE, SKYPE, SKYPE!!! no matter how far away you live from your kids and grandkids, skype (or facetime if you use macintosh products) allows you to SEE each other in real time every day! 

i use skype on my laptop. both my daughters use it on their tablets or phones though, and they carry them around the house with them while they are putting on makeup, cooking dinner, cleaning up the living room.... i get to visit with the grandkids that way too. well, two of them anyway. two absolutely love to be on the phone or on skype, the other two are about as camera shy as you can get. but that's ok, because now that they'll be an afternoon's drive away, i'll be able to spend weekends with them frequently. 

go with your husband. God didn't give us children to "keep", he gave us children to raise, with the expectation that when we'd raised them to adulthood, we would let them go. i know it's hard, but you can do this. and in the meantime, just pray that God will bring all your children closer to you... whether that is by today's technology, or maybe they'll someday move south too. it could happen.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

~

I'm new here and looking for some advice. I have been praying for a situation...asking for guidance from the Holy Spirit, and still feeling unsure. I am a mother of 3 grown children, 4 grandchildren, currently living with my husband within 30 miles of all said children/grands. We are currently in a northern state ( moved here 15 years ago from a southern state). My dilemma is this: now that the kids are grown with families of their own, my husband is ready to go back south...warmer weather...more work opportunities for him and closer to my mom and sisters. Sounds perfect, right? Well I am having a very difficult time thinking of leaving my kids/grands. I know I am to be submissive to my husband...he is such a good man, if he thinks I will be the least bit unhappy he won't think about us going. But it has been his desire for quite some time now. I want to do this for him...and at times I feel a total peace about the situation....then feelings of overwhelming sadness and anxiety start to creep in (Satan attacking??) any advice, words of wisdom, scripture you have for me would be greatly appreciated.
In His love,
Kat

Praying~!

Katmc

Katmc
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Family, cooking, reading, exercise/Zumba, gardening
Thank you so much for the welcome and Lady C, thank you for the wonderful advice! I will continue to pray about it and keep the lines of communication open.
Thank you again

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Welcome! Praying.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,809 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

I have very mixed emotions about your situation...    I would hate to have to make that decision.

JustG

JustG
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Fun, Near or Faraway places to minister & visit; God-connected friendships. Matters of the Heart of God

Hi Katmc, I agree with LadyC.. blessed advice there. I can identify with how youre feeling and pray the Lord brings you and your husband ultimately in agreement thats filled with His peace. God bless you and your family.

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.

None of this has caught God off guard, He knew all of this would happen, long before you were even born. Be at peace, knowing that nothing escapes His notice.

28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 

14This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us15And if we know that He hears us inwhatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Now, take a deep breath, let it our again, and trust!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network