christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Satan - was he the first ever petroleum geologist?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Babylon was the birthplace of all false god worship and is situated in modern day Iraq. It was Satan's choice to launch his infamous career from there.

In post-crucifixion times, Satan chose his new religion to be founded in Arabia. The early Muslim conquests quickly engulfed the Middle East and North Africa. Satan made sure that Iran (Persia) was not left out.

All these territories were conquered very quickly even though Islam expanded to other parts of the Globe as well.

The Muslims eventually lost Spain and much later, Eastern Europe, but they never lost the oil rich areas of the Middle East - they desperately clung on to these.

Did Satan know where the oil was?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
Probably. But little known fact there's more oil in the us then the middle east...

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Probably. But little known fact there's more oil in the us then the middle east...

True, but Satan was watching man at the time and observing where he went and where he built his civilisations. Apart from a few native-Americans the New World was insignificant at the time.

Satan also wanted his power bases to be within reach of Jerusalem so that they could attack it in the future. Only the Old World has any significance in this. What lay across the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans was irrelevant.

Satan wanted to his followers to have access to the biggest oil reserves in the Old World. He knew that God had put oil there for mankind to use as a future energy resource, and he knew the significance of having control of the lands where this oil was. To humans at the time, places such as Arabia had little value because of the desert climate (not exactly great for agriculture), but if people had been able to see what lay hidden beneath their feet and had been able to predict the invention of the internal combustion engine then land value would have been measured by different standards.

Of course Satan would have loved to got his hands on American oil too, but as he does everything through the actions of men, this just wasn't possible at that time. Although, the way things are going, Satan will probably soon control the rest of the World's oil too.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
I would disagree just looking at today's events. the US plays a huge role in what happens in the middle east and in the past has been a very strong protector of Israel. Hitler figured that out the hard way and I believe has been why the US has been so successful-and hated.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

I would disagree just looking at today's events. the US plays a huge role in what happens in the middle east and in the past has been a very strong protector of Israel. Hitler figured that out the hard way and I believe has been why the US has been so successful-and hated.

You've lost me. Are you disagreeing with the theory that Satan was the first oil-finder or are you disagreeing with what I said about today's events?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
I would say Satan is the worlds biggest opportunist, hell make use of anything he can to lure people away-oil included regardless of its location. I would also say the us is a key player. What exactly it will be in the end is yet to be decided-but right now even though its all the way across the ocean its ability to protect Israel has made it key.

Hopefully that clarifies my view a little better.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

I would say Satan is the worlds biggest opportunist, hell make use of anything he can to lure people away-oil included regardless of its location. I would also say the us is a key player. What exactly it will be in the end is yet to be decided-but right now even though its all the way across the ocean its ability to protect Israel has made it key.

Hopefully that clarifies my view a little better.

Yes, I see what you mean. Sorry, I misunderstood.

But I wasn't really referring to whether Israel could be protected by the U.S. or not (God will protect her anyway), I was just claiming that Satan knew that the Black, smelly stuff in the ground would be useful in the future and gathered up as many oil-rich lands for himself as he possibly could at the time. He knew that he could have an empire there. Don't forget too, that without oil there would be no Global jihad today (not one of any significance anyway), because there wouldn't be billions of petrodollars to finance it.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
Eh I think evil finds ways. Even without oil I suspect Islam would still be just as strong, but I agree Satan definetly makes good use of that oil.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,754 posts

You get credit for a rather unique thread title. 

But satan is not all knowing. How could he suspect that oil would be useful 2000 yrs later? I think you are giving him too much credit for that. I suspect the truth is merely that he wanted to be near Jerusalem in order to do the most damage. Oil was just an unforeseen bonus.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

You get credit for a rather unique thread title. 

But satan is not all knowing. How could he suspect that oil would be useful 2000 yrs later? I think you are giving him too much credit for that. I suspect the truth is merely that he wanted to be near Jerusalem in order to do the most damage. Oil was just an unforeseen bonus.

Satan cannot predict the future with any accuracy but he can make some pretty good guesses. He knew why petroleum was there. He probably already had a good grasp of science. He knew that man was innovative. He knew that nobody else at the time would find a use for oil (gold maybe, silver maybe but not oil). He knew that there were tremendous reserves of energy there and it was all pretty close to Israel. If I were him, I would have claimed it too.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,754 posts

Not supported by scripture.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Not supported by scripture.

What isn't?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
Basically your whole theory according to Sheba.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Basically your whole theory according to Sheba.

Oh, ok. :laughing:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network