christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello - I Seek Revelations

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Just posting a hello so I can raise my post count.

I do not like being personal, so I have nothing personal to say about myself other than I am in awe of God and I want to know all I can about him.

I come seeking revelations of the mysteries, the spirits and spiritual gifts, and of faith.

And I guess I should say I have mixed feelings about asking for revelations since they feel like personal gifts, and I do not know if it is okay to ask for others' revelations. I feel like if God wanted me to know, he would tell me himself, but at the same time, I keep getting a sense that I need to seek out answers to faith - which is what brings me to this site.

So.... anyone have any deep understandngs?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Hi Cog, Welcome to Worthy.

I'm not sure what you mean by other people's revelations. Always be wary of anyone who claims he has received a personal message from God. That doesn't mean, however that you can't learn from others and discuss your opinions with them.

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Thanks for the welcome, Oakwood.

What I mean by other people's revelations is their understandings of God, and of his work, which were given to them from God. It is my understanding that mysteries of God are only revealed by God.

e.g. Who Jesus is: such as John being able to understand that Jesus is the Word.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Cog....

Welcome to Worthy......I do wish I lived ,walked & talked with Jesus as John did.....as an eyewitness to the things He wrote about,as Matthew also & as Paul being knocked off his horse on the road to Damascus but Blessed are we that have faith without seeing ,Jesus said. We too,though, are witnesses & we do receive revelation by the Power of the Holy Spirit,our ever present Help comes to bring us Wisdom & Understanding of the things of God,of His Word & of His Ways as we form a close & intimate personal relationship with Him ,made possible by our Lord & Savior Christ Jesus.

Praise & Glory to God,seek Him in His Word......He will reveal Himself to you as you earnestly seek Him..........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Hello kwikphilly, thanks for the welcome.

And you are right, we are meant to testify, but do you know if it is okay to ask for others' testimony?

I am having mixed feelings about it.

God has revealed great things to me, but still I yearn for more, and it makes me feel like seeking from others, what has not been revealed to me after having asked Father, might be condemnable.

I don't know, I am sure he has already answered my questions but I am too blind to see. :(

Is it wrong of me to ask for others' revelations?

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:God, The Bible, Philosophy, Photography, and helping others when I can.

Hey Cog,

It's usually better to get knowledge of God from God. I'd say you should read the Bible for that. Find a translation you're comfortable with. I like the older NIV or a modern KJV. I'm not good with old style English at all. Even though I said to read the Bible, you should discuss what you read with mature Christians, otherwise you will misunderstand it. That happened to me because wen I started to read the Bible there was no Internet, and I only knew of 2 other Christians. I know you said you don't like giving out personal info. But IMO if you want others to tell you personal revelations from God, you should at least put on your profile your age, gender, and which country you live in. I also think you have to be more specific with what you want to know?

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Hello JTC.

In short, I want to know the mind of God.

I want to know his desires, what he's thinking, what his thoughts mean to him, and me, etc. Basically, I want to know everything spiritual about him and his creations, that he will allow.

I am infatuated with Father and his ideas, and the more I come to know his ideas, the more I want to know.

What mostly brought me to this site, however, is what he thinks about faith. I want to know what the idea of faith means to him, what faith means to me, why he created faith, if faith is conscious, if faith is feminine, if faith is a spirit, a spiritual gift, if faith is physical and if it has a static form, like a mustard seed, etc.

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:God, The Bible, Philosophy, Photography, and helping others when I can.

Cog,

I have a hard time talking to a person if I know nothing about the person. I'll probably insult you, and I'd rather not. You see, as we reach certain ages we can understand things we can't understand while younger. And as I'm finding out, as we get much older, we start to lose the ability to understand what we could when we were younger.

You sound like a young teenager. You want instant knowledge of a Being who has no peers. I mean God, of course. One doesn't learn about God in a day, year, or even a decade. Knowing God is a lifelong journey. And as Jesus said, if you seek to know Him, don't ever turn around and look back. The person who does that is not worthy to know God. He won't reveal Himself to such a person. You really do start by getting a Bible.

Faith is 1 of the hardest things to understand, and 1 of the easiest. There's more than 1 kind of faith. The Biblical definition of faith is that it's the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of that we can't see. To please God you need faith. It's very important to Him, but He doesn't tell us the whole story of why. I suspect we won't know that until we leave this world. I can tell you 1 reason. God wants to know if He can trust you, and faith is 1 way you prove it. You don't need faith to believe a chair is real because you can see it, touch it, etc. You can only know God is real by faith. There is also a very real devil, and as soon as a newcomer develops some faith for God, the devil will scream into your head that you imagined it. God proved Himself to me 30 years ago. Satan still tries to make me think I imagined it when I'm depressed. But after 30 years I know I didn't imagine it.

If you're willing to put in the time and effort you will know God. The Bible is all about God.

Let's start with why are you infatuated with God?

LovelyJoni

LovelyJoni
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Reading my Bible, Praising the Lord, Loving my children, cycling and waiting on Jesus to come back<3
I agree with JTC as satan tries to tell me I'm that I am crazy and I'm imagining I feel the Holy Spirit. I just say ok I'm imagining this for 7 months now and I want to ready my bible everyday and Praise God so get thee behind me satan, you're just mad I'm going to Heaven and you are going to a pit. Well I really don't sit around talking like that but I have those thoughts. As far as knowing things like the mind of God...He created this world and everything in it. He is all powerful, all knowing, omnipresent and when you think about power of God it's just too amazing! Study your bible, I'd start in Jeremiah or Isaiah because a little fear is needed. Then the gospels for the love to overcome the fear. Once You build a relationship with Him you will stop trying to figure out what He is thinking and worry more about pleasing Him. He is the Alpha and the Omega, He is all knowing and even the smartest person couldn't wrap there mind around God who is everywhere at once. Focus on loving Him as you study your Word and He will love you and bless you. He is love. I guess what I'm trying to say is you trying to learn his ideas and thoughts is like a kid trying to take over the world with a water gun. I just love God and the peace and joy he.brings me.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
No revelation can be trusted if it cannot be found in scripture.
God usually told me that He would not give me more revelation of scripture till I put into practice that which I already know. Trials always would come to cause me to put the Word into practice.

So faith was never something that was mystical or philosophical, it is where the rubber meets the road practical. God would give me a promise in His word and then test me as to whether I believed His promise in the midst of trials. 1 Peter 1:6-7. It is trusting God's character and His Word and depending on Him.

Most revelation, I have found, are to strengthen us so that we can endure hard times. Paul spoke of receiving a thorne in the flesh to keep him from becomming proud from all the revelations he had. So revelations can be accompanied by a "balancing factor" of hardship or infirmity. In fact, he said that he would rather boast in his afflictions and persecutions than in his revelations.

Therefore it is with caution that I recommend you to procede. You will learn far more from the school of hard knocks, but it is through those that you will learn how faithful our God is--even when we fail. He is our loving Father Who picks us up, dusts off our pants, steadies us and gives us a pat on the rear to set us off toddling in the right direction again as we learn to walk with Him. Soon we learn to walk with our hand in His.

Blessings,
Willa

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

God usually told me that He would not give me more revelation of scripture till I put into practice that which I already know.

Did the revelations he gave you pertain to the mystery, spirits, or faith? If so, can you share them with me, us, the world?

Same question to anyone else who reads this.

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Let's start with why are you infatuated with God?

I will ignore all the doubt in your post...

His most admirable trait, to me, is his wit. He's really clever. Anything I can think of, he has already bested. That is, I will start to think of something about reality, how people behave, how reality behaves, why God has said something or did something a certain way etc and this might go on for awhile and when I come up with my best thoughts I will later see it in the Bible or vice versa, meaning I will see something in the bible and then reflect upon it and then when I realize why he did something as he has I will be gobsmacked with the brilliance of it.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Welcome to Worthy!!

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts
Hey, Littlelambseativy!! Thanks! :D

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,104 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

Welcome Cog.  Because you admit you are still seeking to know Him, I have set you to seeker.  If you are a true believer, we will know by your fruits.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Welcome to worthy!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Cog...

And you are right, we are meant to testify, but do you know if it is okay to ask for others' testimony?                                                  posted by Cog

My friend,of course it is okay if you ask for others testimonies.......& you know what?All your questions are okay and it just leaves others with a choice of whether or not & "what" they care to share about themselves or their experiences & then you take it for what it is worth......this is just a Welcome Forum but there is a Forum here that is dedicated solely to Testimonies that you may find very motivating & encouraging......by hearing the testimony of others it should help us all to know that we serve a Loving God that desires a PERSONAL relationship with His children  this He made possible by sending his Only Begotten Son to us ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You are asking questions because you want to know"about" God,,,,,but,my friend,,,,,you can know Him personally & know all about Him from Him.....through his Word......did you know that the Book of John is a love letter He has addressed personally to you?Open your heart & read it as it is Written,for you "Cog"............

Stick around,you will hear testimony after testimony from us through our many posts on the different forums & ask what you will,you can't learn things without asking but whatever you hear,,,,,it is your responsibility to compare it to what is Written in Gods Word....the more you read ,the more the Holy Spirit will bring remembrance to you when you try the spirits(of what others say).........He has nothing to bring to your  remembrance  if you have never heard His Words...........................God Bless you,keep praying & I pray for you too!

BTW...."gobsmacked"....do I detect the land down under?LOL                                     With love-in Christ ,Kwik

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Welcome Cog.  Because you admit you are still seeking to know Him, I have set you to seeker.  If you are a true believer, we will know by your fruits.

Thanks OneLight.

Seeker? Indeed, I seek. I wonder if I annoy him, seeking around and all?

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 71 posts

Thanks alien224!

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:I like to draw anime or play video games sometime but my life completely revolves around God

Cog I think I understand your intent here, When I read yourr posts I see a deep love and hunger for God. I would prefere to speak to u in private so when u can pm people i may have some of the answers you seek:]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network