christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High Octane

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

bobwatkins

bobwatkins
  • Members
  • 9 posts

So, in resonse to one of my posts, someone asked me to introduce myself. I am Bob, I am way old, though I don't feel as old as I am. I am very passionate that Believers should be in the Word of God daily. So, I write devotionals every day. I put them in bite sized form so that they are palletable to all. I have been writing for about a year now and I really enjoy it.

A little about me. I am 50 - yeah I told you. Dirt isn't much older than me. I am finishing a Master's Degree online through Liberty University. I work as a Sales and Use Tax Accountant for a company that sells software to banks. I have three kids that range from 28 years to 23 months. I live in Jacksonville Florida and I love sports.

Anything else you want to know, just ask. I am an open book.

Thanks, Bob

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,014 posts

Welcome~!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Welcome to Worthy. I'm 50 too but I would not describe myself as old (at least not here). We have much older people here on Worthy. In fact, 50 is pretty much an average age for Worthy, I think.

bobwatkins

bobwatkins
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Welcome to Worthy. I'm 50 too but I would not describe myself as old (at least not here). We have much older people here on Worthy. In fact, 50 is pretty much an average age for Worthy, I think.

So, you mention that the average is 50. I publish a devotional on a page in FB daily.  I only have a little over 200 followers, but 54% of them are 35-55. It is interesting that the age of those interested in delving into the Word is 35 and up. It is concerning to me that a lack of Biblical knowledge and desire for Biblical knowledge seems to exist below that age.

Any thoughts?

bobwatkins

bobwatkins
  • Members
  • 9 posts

By the way, I think I look old (or at least older) but I feel like I am 30. Athletically, my body won't do what it once did, but I feel young.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,620 posts
Welcome, it is nice to see young people still joining!

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,307 posts

Welcome :)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!

countingsheep

countingsheep

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Hi Bob I am 50 also I cant wait to be 70 just think of the wisdom

Praise Jesus

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Hi Bob I am 50 also I cant wait to be 70 just think of the wisdom

Praise Jesus

So, you mention that the average is 50. I publish a devotional on a page in FB daily.  I only have a little over 200 followers, but 54% of them are 35-55. It is interesting that the age of those interested in delving into the Word is 35 and up. It is concerning to me that a lack of Biblical knowledge and desire for Biblical knowledge seems to exist below that age.

Any thoughts?

I just guessed that the average on Worthy was about 50 but I don't actually know.

I guess it's sad that fewer young people are interested in the word of the Lord but that's a sign of the times. More and more young people are being brought up in secular environments. Young people are too busy enjoyng themselves to take time to ponder God. Plus, they are living in a society that condones all sorts of sinful practises.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network