christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the benefit of the pretrib rapture

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:I like to draw anime or play video games sometime but my life completely revolves around God

I know that the pretribe rapture belief is the most hated rapture belief but it has its benefits. For one there is that hope, Hope knowing we could be taken home at any minute any hour any day, For those who are weary from this world who just long to be with their Lord this belief provides them a certain happiness.

It also makes ppl to seriously purify themselves to adorn themselves with love patience generousity and a pure heart knowing that the rapture might take place any second and they pray to be counted worthy.

Regardless if you believe this belief or not the facts i just wrote tie into the belief. What kind of hope or joy can the mid or post trib belief offer? can it compare to the excitement and hope the pretribe rapture belief? Can it inspire us to be a loving patient and pure hearted bride as the pretribe?

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:Prophecy, tennis, golf, us presidents, astronomy, children, fantasy football, good tv/film
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

I think most children of God realize the most important thing is to cling on to him no matter what. Nothing wrong with believing one theory over the other as long as you prepare yourself for worse.

A part of me still hopes for the pre trib to be right but if not, no problem- stay close to HIM.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

I know that the pretribe rapture belief is the most hated rapture belief but it has its benefits. For one there is that hope, Hope knowing we could be taken home at any minute any hour any day, For those who are weary from this world who just long to be with their Lord this belief provides them a certain happiness.

It also makes ppl to seriously purify themselves to adorn themselves with love patience generousity and a pure heart knowing that the rapture might take place any second and they pray to be counted worthy.

Regardless if you believe this belief or not the facts i just wrote tie into the belief. What kind of hope or joy can the mid or post trib belief offer? can it compare to the excitement and hope the pretribe rapture belief? Can it inspire us to be a loving patient and pure hearted bride as the pretribe?

I need to address your first comment. The pre-Trib rapture is only hated except by those who reject it...and they aren't all that righteous in the way they express themselves. I never hear a pre-Trib believer denounce those with other ideas, or condemn them as I do the post-Trib believer. Any discussion NEVER gets as far as to discuss the joy and hope they have in the anticipation of the rapture of the Church.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

I need to address your first comment. The pre-Trib rapture is only hated except by those who reject it...and they aren't all that righteous in the way they express themselves. I never hear a pre-Trib believer denounce those with other ideas, or condemn them as I do the post-Trib believer. Any discussion NEVER gets as far as to discuss the joy and hope they have in the anticipation of the rapture of the Church.

Actully, I've heard pre-Tribbers claim that post-Tribbers have been deceived by Satan. I've heard them say harsh things about post-tribbers.

But I agree with you that post-tribbers sometimes accuse pre-tribbers of being fooled and claim that pre-tribbers will lose their faith when the rapture does not occur and will succumb to the mark of the Beast.

I myself am undecided so I look at both points of view. I even contemplate the mid-trib theory from time to time.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Actully, I've heard pre-Tribbers claim that post-Tribbers have been deceived by Satan. I've heard them say harsh things about post-tribbers.

But I agree with you that post-tribbers sometimes accuse pre-tribbers of being fooled and claim that pre-tribbers will lose their faith when the rapture does not occur and will succumb to the mark of the Beast.

I myself am undecided so I look at both points of view. I even contemplate the mid-trib theory from time to time.

That kind of rhetoric you claim to witness from pre-Tribbers is something I have never seen or heard and I have been debating this stuff for years. For me, when the acerbic commentary started, I knew I was on the right "side" of the debate.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

That kind of rhetoric you claim to witness from pre-Tribbers is something I have never seen or heard and I have been debating this stuff for years. For me, when the acerbic commentary started, I knew I was on the right "side" of the debate.

Believe me I've heard it. I'm not sure if I've heard it much on Worthy but I have heard it elsewhere. Most of the attacks come from post-Tribbers, admittedly, but I have heard pre-tribbers do it too. As for poor old mid-tribbers, they often get attacked by both sides.

I am simply unable to make up my mind on this matter and I will often defend both pre-tribbers and post-tribbers when they are attacked. I don't see the point of all the fuss anyway. It's interesting to debate, but making the wrong decision should not be a salvation issue. Prepare for both - see what happens.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Believe me I've heard it. I'm not sure if I've heard it much on Worthy but I have heard it elsewhere. Most of the attacks come from post-Tribbers, admittedly, but I have heard pre-tribbers do it too. As for poor old mid-tribbers, they often get attacked by both sides.

I am simply unable to make up my mind on this matter and I will often defend both pre-tribbers and post-tribbers when they are attacked. I don't see the point of all the fuss anyway. It's interesting to debate, but making the wrong decision should not be a salvation issue. Prepare for both - see what happens.

It is correct that these are not issues that can affect a person's salvation. We simply need to do our best to study the entire word---not just Revelation, along with a  few key other passages---and commit our ways to the Lord, and ask Holy Spirit to teach us.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

It is correct that these are not issues that can affect a person's salvation. We simply need to do our best to study the entire word---not just Revelation, along with a  few key other passages---and commit our ways to the Lord, and ask Holy Spirit to teach us.

I agree. Well said.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Discipling, Eschatology, Eternal Purposes.

I know as Christ`s Holy Spirit leads us into all the truth of Christ, His character & His purposes then the Body of Christ will know what its purpose is & why & when the Lord is coming for them.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,393 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

....What kind of hope or joy can the mid or post trib belief offer....

~

Beloved, It Is The Same Glorious Hope And Indescribable Joy

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

As That Found Hidden Within The Pretribulation Rapture

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Peter 1:3

The Sure Hope Of The Resurrection

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

You

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

See?

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Interests:I love God's Word The Holy Bible. My primary Bible is the good 'ole 1611 King James Version. I prefer the Majority Text of The New Testament used for the KJV above later translations from the Alexandrian texts like the NIV.

I've played guitar for many years. I enjoy mixing music in Pro Tools, and doing instrumental writing. If you have a Christian song you'd like mixed PM me, I do a lot of free work.

How one believes for the end of this world about the Biblical timing of our Lord Jesus' second coming, can... and will... affect one's stance with Him as a believer when He appears. We know that by His parable of the ten virgins; He closes the door on the five foolish virgins who didn't have the spare vessel of the Oil to go with what Oil they had in their lamps.

The reason why it matters is because of what the coming Antichrist is to do first in deceiving as many as will into believing he is The Christ Messiah, Immanuel God with us. A pre-trib rapture or mid-trib rapture is designed to deceive to that Antichrist's coming and working as Christ. The early Church fathers of the 1st and 2nd centuries held to our Lord Jesus' coming after... the working of the final Antichrist in Jerusalem, so if one wants to compare their writings with what's taught in the Churches today on this matter, those writings are still available, even on the Internet.

Last Daze

Last Daze

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

I'm amazed at all the attention that the teaching of the rapture receives.  I think we can all agree that we are not destined for wrath, however, in the world we will have tribulation.  Essentially it boils down to semantics and definitions.  What I see as more important than pinpointing when the rapture will happen is understanding what those days are like from a political, economic, social, religious standpoint.  Its a matter being ready as Salty mentioned.  Be prepared for the worst case scenario and you're prepared for every lesser scenario.

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Interests:I love God's Word The Holy Bible. My primary Bible is the good 'ole 1611 King James Version. I prefer the Majority Text of The New Testament used for the KJV above later translations from the Alexandrian texts like the NIV.

I've played guitar for many years. I enjoy mixing music in Pro Tools, and doing instrumental writing. If you have a Christian song you'd like mixed PM me, I do a lot of free work.

I'm amazed at all the attention that the teaching of the rapture receives.  I think we can all agree that we are not destined for wrath, however, in the world we will have tribulation.  Essentially it boils down to semantics and definitions.  What I see as more important than pinpointing when the rapture will happen is understanding what those days are like from a political, economic, social, religious standpoint.  Its a matter being ready as Salty mentioned.  Be prepared for the worst case scenario and you're prepared for every lesser scenario.

If our Lord Jesus has not revealed Himself to you 'in person', so that you 'know' what He looks like, i.e., His outward appearance and likeness and such, then HOW will you know the difference when the coming Antichrist arrives and tells you he is Christ, and does miracles and wonders like only our Lord Jesus could do? On top of that, when the majority of the whole world accepts the Antichrist truly as God, because that's how it's to happen, how many family and friends do you think will know the difference too? Won't they be trying to do everything they can to persuade you into believing the deception too?

And that's just it, if you are here in that time, and Christ's Church will be, you will be tempted to believe that our Lord Jesus has returned, and that He is in Jerusalem, and be told to go gather to Him. Problem is, that first messiah showing up in Jerusalem will NOT... be our Lord Jesus Christ, but the "another Jesus" of 2 Cor.11 instead. What was that Apostle Paul said about that "another Jesus"? that no marvel for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light?? and his ministers as the ministers of righteousness? So there's even another point of deception, those ministers who work for Satan; they'll be trying to persuade you into believing our Lord Jesus has truly come also.

But our Lord Jesus commanded us to not believe it (Matt.24:23-26).

Folks are wrong with thinking they will easily be able to tell the coming Antichrist is just another worker for Satan, or some flesh man, etc. No, the coming Antichrist is going to play God, so he will have the looks, and the power to pull it off with the majority, that's how powerful a working it's going to be on this earth. This is why our Lord Jesus warned that if possible, he would deceive even His very elect saints. So what level of deceptive power and working would it take for Christ's sealed servants to almost... be tempted to worship the coming Antichrist with thinking he truly is our Lord Jesus? Consider that level and you're in the ballpark of what the tribulation is actually going to be about, and then understand the majority of leaders in the Churches don't even have a clue as to all this, yet.

Persuaded

Persuaded

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

I know that the pretribe rapture belief is the most hated rapture belief but it has its benefits.

I like this benefit, that I live with the expectancy of His imminent return:

Mat 24:45-51~

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
And shall begin to smite [his] fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and in an hour that he is not aware of,
And shall cut him asunder, and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Without looking them up, I can think of a half-dozen places where the return of the Lord is described as at hand, soon, quickly, nigh, etc.

Simply, are you looking for the coming of the Lord, or are you focussed on the signs leading to the trib? If you're post-trib then you have seven or 3.5 years to make yourself ready, once you become aware the trib has started. Do you think some folks today are using that as a reason to delay coming to the Lord? Jane Eyre said when asked what she must do to avoid hell: "I must remain healthy." As long as they're healthy, people will think that there will be an event to watch for, and then they'll get serious about this God stuff. The benefit of a pre-trib perspective is that I don't give myself an excuse to delay preparing my heart for His return. I have an attitude of urgency. Do you see such an urgent attitude in the post-trib or amillinneal mainstream denominational church today?

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

I don't think it proper to assume those who don't accept the pre-trib rapture theory as being any less expectant of Christ's coming to gather us than anyone else. In other words, no one is putting off the time of Christ's second coming by 'watching' the events leading up to the end LIKE HE COMMANDED US TO DO (end of Matt.24 for one example; Rev.16:15 for another).

If there is any group of believers that is LESS likely to be ready for the day of His coming, it is those who are NOT watching the events He gave us leading up to His return. Being in a spiritual 'expectant' mind state by itself is not enough to be ready. One MUST follow and heed His Word on the events He gave in warning us about not being deceived. So deception... by not KNOWING what the coming events are is the worst ill-prepared state today. And Church leadership that says we don't need... to watch, well they go directly against the commandment of our Lord Jesus, so why even listen to them, for those will lead one to become a foolish virgin?

Jesse

Jesse

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Hi salty.

The pretribbers will be surprised when they have to go through the tribulation.

They expected to be taken up before the tribulation.

They may be in fear, thinking they are left behind.

jesse.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Hi Salty,

Now what specific events are you referring to? You said -

`So deception... by not KNOWING what the coming events are is the worst ill-prepared state today.

Do you just mean events in the `70th week,` or are you referring to specific events now as well?

Edited by Marilyn C, 12 August 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Hi salty.

The pretribbers will be surprised when they have to go through the tribulation.

They expected to be taken up before the tribulation.

They may be in fear, thinking they are left behind.

jesse.

Somehow, I believe the coming Antichrist/pseudo-Christ might cause some event to fool them on that point. Recall the end of Luke 17 about the one 'taken' in the field, etc. Could false messiah pull off some kind of fake rapture because that's what they are expecting? Just how far can we apply our Lord Jesus' meaning of the one "taken" in the field, and the other left? This is something I've only lightly considered, because I don't see any other Scripture witnesses that gives more of a clue on this besides that one at the end of Luke 17.

Salty

Salty

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Hi Salty,

Now what specific events are you referring to? You said -

`So deception... by not KNOWING what the coming events are is the worst ill-prepared state today.

Do you just mean events in the `70th week,` or are you referring to specific events now as well?

I'm referring specifically to the things our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned us to not be deceived about for the very end.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Hi Salty,

And what specifically are those events & are they pre-trib. or in the trib?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network