christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

anxious about hell

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

boywonder123

boywonder123
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Hi,guys I recently poster a day ago,that I have OCD and my fears are revolving around hell.

I'm scared,because I keep thinking god doesn't want me,that in not saved (even though I think I am)

I'm just scared constantly,my body is even heating up.

Is God seeing me suffer day in day out like this? What do I do?

I'm anxious everyday in going to hell,in scared.

I've even started telling myself I should get prepared for hell.

What do I do?,in frightened.

If someone would message me and have a chat,would be great.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,529 posts

pm sent

john14:6

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
Pm sent today at 5:50 pm

Edited by john14:6, 14 July 2014 - 06:53 PM.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Pm sent toady at 5:50 pm

I hope Toady likes it.

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

I hope Toady likes it.

It's fixed. Anything else?

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

I hope Toady likes it.

It's fixed. Anything else?

LOL!

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Shalom BoyWonder,
 Welcome to Worthy!  I hope that you can make yourself at home here and enjoy the fellowship that we all here cherish so much. There is a study called the Road to Romans, I thought I would post it and a few other scriptures here so that you can help increase your faith and help you understand salvation. I think it's natural to have a fear that we are not saved. I also think it's totally possible to understand salvation and our assurance of it from God's Word. I will keep it brief......I also suggest taking some quiet time each day for at least 20-30 minutes....get still and pray for understanding, and for God to reveal himself to you through his word. Please feel free to contact me or any other ministry member ( servants) we would love to assist you in any way possible.

First - Road to Romans:
Who needs Christ?
Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,- no one is exempt, we are all sinners and a long as we are in this flesh....sin will be a struggle for us.

What is our punishment for sin - ?
Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What was done by God for us?
Rom 5:8  But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

What is the choice we are free to make?
Rom 10:9   Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
Rom 10:10  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

Who can be saved ?
Rom 10:11  For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."

Who has this opportunity?
Rom 10:13  For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

What do we recieve?
Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Are we assured of salvation?
Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John also tells us:
John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:17  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3:18  He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 10:28  And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.
John 10:29  My Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.
John 10:30
  I and the Father are one!

There you go, just a little bit to get you started on :) , I hope that you can find the love, comfort and peace in Christ that you are seeking....again, please feel free to contact me or another ministry member ( servants, watchmen, platinum) if you wish. We are more than happy to help.

God Bless,
Hip

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Hello there :-)

I just want to say that I understand how you feel because I once felt like that. & it is not necessarily a bad thing because it is a godly fear that many other ppl lack and we actually need in order to completely surrender to God... The bible says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7). You know the power of God and that is why you fear Hell bc you know He has the power to throw you in hell(Mathew 10:28, Luke 12:5) now use that fear to get closer to God, use that fear to completely surrender to God, use that fear to live for God but don't let it get between you and God.
God wants us to be sure of our salvation, He wants us to know that Jesus came to save us from our sins and as long as we accept His sacrifice and accept the new life He offers there is no need to doubt whether you're going to Hell or to eternal glory because He has promised us that if we truly believe and remain in Him then we will receive eternal life. God knows our hearts. God is love and God is consuming fire, to those that accept His Son and choose to die, be born again, and live by Him He will only show Himself as love, to those that choose to reject Him and disobey Him and take the devil's side then He will be consuming fire so there is no need for us to worry then right. The questions you have to ask yourself is... Have I accepted Jesus truly in my heart? Have i Accepted that i have to die to sin and be born again to life in order for the work of grace to be done? Am i giving God my all in all now that I have accepted His gift?

Pray to God for understanding, and for wisdom to know what He expects from you, pray for a new life in Him and pray that the devil wont deceive you into thinking you are not saved when you are(or vise versa), pray that He wont let you fall into temptation and fall away from truth. & remember that He loves those that love Him, and those who seek Him find Him (proverbs 8:17).

Don't worry everything will work out good for you as long as you keep seeking Him. Read the bible and pray, it is a blessing to have a God that looks after us.

Love, your sister in Christ.

paulbassett

paulbassett
  • Members
  • 8 posts

God loves you more than you know, He will walk with you and hold onto to you in all your struggles and joys. Do not fear hell when you walk with God...hell will fear you and the Lord!!!

Wildstar

Wildstar

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Jesus didn't just wipe your sins away but also the whole worlds sin. 1 John 2:1-2

Your sins are included in the world, no exceptions.  Dont say "God doesnt want me" instead say "Do I believe he did what he did for me?"

It sounds like if you believe in God that you're anxious you have the faith factor.  But you need to believe he blotted out sin with his water and blood.  1 john 5:6

Dont think of it so personal, think of it as global.  Jesus was clearly crucified.  Jesus clearly took sin away.  This he did for the whole world, which includes you.

Edited by Wildstar, 18 July 2014 - 03:38 AM.

Medaco

Medaco
  • Members
  • 20 posts
Believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins! Confess with your mouth that He died for you and you want him to come into your life to be saved! If you do that, have No fear, my friend! Jesus wants you! I can promise you that!

digitalinchrist

digitalinchrist
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Hi,guys I recently poster a day ago,that I have OCD and my fears are revolving around hell.

I'm scared,because I keep thinking god doesn't want me,that in not saved (even though I think I am)

I'm just scared constantly,my body is even heating up.

Is God seeing me suffer day in day out like this? What do I do?

I'm anxious everyday in going to hell,in scared.

I've even started telling myself I should get prepared for hell.

What do I do?,in frightened.

If someone would message me and have a chat,would be great.

I understand what you are going through. I was different from other kids growing up and had my first panic attack at 12 years old.  If you truly believe in your heart that Jesus was raised from the dead, and you profess Jesus with your lips, the bible says you will be saved. The devil likes for you to worry, and doubt. The devil likes you to look ever which way but the way that goes to Jesus.  Because Jesus is the truth, and no higher truth than Jesus Christ exist!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network