christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Talking to God

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

paulbassett

paulbassett
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Does anyone have a favorite or best way to talk with God, a certain prayer or words? And how does the Lord respond to you, how do you know the difference between it being God or just your own thoughts?

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
I just talk to Him as if I were talking to anyone else. When He speaks to your heart you will know it is Him Welcome!

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Hi Paul and welcome to Worthy,

God wants to hear what is on your heart.  Just speak to Him as you would a best friend because He is your best friend.  Then as the Bible says, "Be still and know that I  Am God".  You will  know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He has spoken to your heart.  God Bless you and again Welcome to Worthy!

Because He Lives!! Rustyangel 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,651 posts

Paul, i just talk to him the way you would any friend.....   and off and on all day long.  Sometimes people ask me who I'm talking to.....   and We've been together so long I usually say that We are going to do this or that instead of I or me.

I can't put into words how I know it's him talking back.... unless it's really important then I hear him outright...   usually something like stop or don't do that....

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

GeoffreyScott

GeoffreyScott
  • 3 posts
Yes, I too drop the "formal praying" and talk to him just like I would if I were talking to myself. He already knows your every thought, desire, and needs. So for me it just makes since to talk to him and say whatever comes to mind.

Wildstar

Wildstar

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Does anyone have a favorite or best way to talk with God, a certain prayer or words? And how does the Lord respond to you, how do you know the difference between it being God or just your own thoughts?

I usually ruminate on the gospel assuring my self I am clean and part of him.  Then I either make my request known or praise him.  God doesn't speak audibly but my heart lights up.  When I spread the gospel my heart feels like it sings.  It's like roaring fountain going into my heart and fanning out.  God speaks to your heart in other words.  And honestly who would want to hear God audibly?  That sounds like a terrifying situation.

Medaco

Medaco
  • Members
  • 20 posts
My favorite way is on my knees. I love to study The Word, then get on my knees and have " real time" with God.

Wildstar

Wildstar

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

I cant get on my knees.  Jesus made me different, haha.  

countingsheep

countingsheep

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Hi Paul God is Love... Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered".

Praise Jesus

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,681 posts
I like to take a walk in the woods and talk with him. When I am alone in nature, I feel more at peace and open.

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts
Hello :-)
My favorite way to talk to God is with thanks giving and praises. When I pray that's the main thing I do, I thank Him for every single thing He hAs done for me & for showing me the way of truth. Then I ask that His will be done in my life, my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ, etc. I pray for those that are being persecuted for their faith, & I always pray that He wont let me fall into temptation (Mathew 26:41). I personally don't use a prayer list or anything like that because I believe the Holy Spirit will lead me through my prayer but I know many of my brothers & sisters do use it and it helps them so it's good. Something very important though, I pray TO the Father THROUGH the Holy Spirit iN the name of our Lord Jesus Christ :-)

digitalinchrist

digitalinchrist
  • Members
  • 58 posts

In the mornings, when I first get up. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network