christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What has happened to all of the activity on here?

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Reading, Exploring the Web, Kayaking, Loving my Wife, Gardening, Building Web Sites, Spending Time with Family

Where has everyone gone? Why is there not much response on here? There used to be so much more. I've posted several threads in the last 2 or 3 days and have only had a couple of responses.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,660 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

People get busy, they go on vacation, board activity has an ebb and flow.  There are times when the boards are slow and times when it is hopping.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,082 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Where has everyone gone? Why is there not much response on here? There used to be so much more. I've posted several threads in the last 2 or 3 days and have only had a couple of responses.

I don't know,  I've spent three hours a day here and can't read even half of the posts and my email.

Maybe you need to be more controversial so people will disagree with you and take you to task  :P

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Reading, Exploring the Web, Kayaking, Loving my Wife, Gardening, Building Web Sites, Spending Time with Family

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted this. I just had surgery and just came up with lots of questions to ask while sitting here not being able to do much.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Summer, vacations, and children that come home with their children - that'll do it to many!!

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,705 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

In my case, I am a truck driver, and check in when I can.  There are days I can't get on-line at all, and other times I am on here throughout the day.  Today I was driving from Ohio to South Carolina, and then to North Carolina.  As was already mentioned, many are on vacation.

digitalinchrist

digitalinchrist
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Don't say that, this is my first day here!

JP1

JP1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Avid reader, sports fan

Welcome!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

I thought that. I also came to the conclusion that it was a summer thing.

digitalinchrist

digitalinchrist
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Welcome!

Thanks!

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even started this thread. I was just stuck in my recliner, home from surgery and looking for people to communicate with. Lots of Biblical questions came to mind, many of which I haven't even asked yet, but the response has been really well. God bless you all.

I'll still be asking all of these questions but not all at once. I'll let each thread die down before asking the next.  Maybe about one a day.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,651 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted this. I just had surgery and just came up with lots of questions to ask while sitting here not being able to do much.

:thumbsup:

Praying~!

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

:thumbsup:

Praying~!

Thank you. I am MUCH better now! Just went to the doctor and they said everything appears to have gone well.

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

I had used up all my internet time and had to wait for it it reset before getting back on. So I am a bit behind in reading and commenting on post.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts
  • Interests:**Study God's Word to know God...
    **To know Christ in service to others!
    **Multi skilled in building industry for use in that service.
    **Computer skills: graphic art, cad design
    **Bible College 3.5 years
I'm just quiet :24:

1x1is1

1x1is1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

gigman7..... heck, I don't see how you can manage 2 or 3 threads at one time.  I jut started my first ever thread recently and was astonished how fast it went in different directions.  I was not aware that you have to act as a shepherd to keep it focused.  I probably won't start another for some time.  Good luck with yours by the way.  And I will be praying for your full recovery.   GBU

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts

gigman7..... heck, I don't see how you can manage 2 or 3 threads at one time.  I jut started my first ever thread recently and was astonished how fast it went in different directions.  I was not aware that you have to act as a shepherd to keep it focused.  I probably won't start another for some time.  Good luck with yours by the way.  And I will be praying for your full recovery.   GBU

Thank you. It's a 2 part procedure and the next one is next week so I guess I'll be spending a lot of time on here again next week.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

I have to second Shiloh357's thoughts; it does ebb and flow.  Sometimes I, personally, don't post for days because I'm too busy.  Other times I post 8 to 10 times in a day because I have a little down time.  Don't worry, it's just the normal pattern for a site like this one.  :mgbowtie: 

Wildstar

Wildstar

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

it's just a dead forum with very few people posting on it.  

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,309 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

it's just a dead forum with very few people posting on it.

This site holds people accountable for what they post, something a lot of people don't like. Many would much rather say what is on their mind, not caring what it does to anyone. This is not allowed here and those who are not ashamed to be held accountable, remain. Also, keep in mind that many who do post here have other responsibilities, like families, work, other ministries, etc.. Don't be so quick to judge ...

Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network