christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Explaining three in One.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts
I feel as if the reason why many people don't understand the concept of Trinity is because we(Christians) don't know how to explain it or perhaps we (ourselves) don't understand it.

This is how I explain it and please feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong, we are here to learn from each other what God has revealed to each of us:

What we call the trinity does not mean the Father is Jesus, or Jesus is the Father how many people believe... What it means is that the Father (one being), the Son(one being) and the Holy Spirit(one being) are GOD! The word God is a title (example: Family). One Family is composed of different members but they still make up One family. Just like the Church of Christ is made up of many members but it's still called the Church.
Jesus prayed to the Father when He was here in Earth because He had been made like us in order to be the sacrifice for our sins but not because He has no authority.
Now we can understand why John 1:1 says that in the beginning -the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God.

One of the verses that can help realize that Jesus is God is :

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (‭Revelation‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬ KJV)
(Notice in your bible that this verse is written in red letters which means it is Jesus speaking, not only that but the one that is to come is Jesus, this verse proves 1. That Jesus is the Beginning and the End, and 2. That He is The Almighty.

I really really deeply hope and pray that this discussion will not create any problems because it really isn't my intention, I just want to show a little of what God has showed me through His Word and the Holy Spirit. (Btw sorry if this thread isn't in the right place, I wasn't sure which one to put it on)

God Bless you all,
Much Love,
Leidy.

walkonwater

walkonwater
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Thank you Leidy, I have never seen or heard this truth put so simply, I feel so blessed, and can't stop smiling.  I love how God teaches, so simple and perfect, complete.    :mgcheerful:   

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Thank you Leidy, I have never seen or heard this truth put so simply, I feel so blessed, and can't stop smiling. I love how God teaches, so simple and perfect, complete. :mgcheerful:

Amen! Glory to God! :-)

Jean74

Jean74
  • Members
  • 88 posts

It can be confusing. But Jesus IS God and the Holy Spirit rolled up into One! Jesus came on this earth as THE Servant of God's. Becoming human like though perfect to hurt like us all around. But was sinless unlike us. Paving the way to Salvation through Him. So that we can be reconcile to heaven and to eternity in God. 

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts

It can be confusing. But Jesus IS God and the Holy Spirit rolled up into One! Jesus came on this earth as THE Servant of God's. Becoming human like though perfect to hurt like us all around. But was sinless unlike us. Paving the way to Salvation through Him. So that we can be reconcile to heaven and to eternity in God.

Hello Jean :-)

I agree, Jesus is God

but Jesus is not the Father, but the Father is also God, just like the Holy Spirit is also God.

This is just an example, i'm not comparing God to an egg in any way, shape or form:

An egg is egg shell, egg white, egg yolk but it is still an egg.

But yes, it could be confusing we just have to believe it and not question it. Its good to know though so that we can teach others that struggle with it :)

disciplehelovestoo

disciplehelovestoo
  • Members
  • 89 posts
Gen 1:27
(27)  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1Th 5:23
(23)  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

we are made in God's image, and we are one person with spirit, soul, and body:

Spirit - God the Father
Soul - God the Holy Spirit with us
Body - Jesus the Son of God

the concept of the Trinity, three persons n one - is relatively new according Clarke's commentary:

1Jn 5:7
(7)  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

begin quote:
There are three that bear record - The Father, who bears testimony to his Son; the Word or Λογος, Logos, who bears testimony to the Father; and the Holy Ghost, which bears testimony to the Father and the Son. And these three are one in essence, and agree in the one testimony, that Jesus came to die for, and give life to, the world.

But it is likely this verse is not genuine. It is wanting in every MS. of this epistle written before the invention of printing, one excepted, the Codex Montfortii, in Trinity College, Dublin: the others which omit this verse amount to one hundred and twelve.
It is wanting in both the Syriac, all the Arabic, Ethiopic, the Coptic, Sahidic, Armenian, Slavonian, etc., in a word, in all the ancient versions but the Vulgate; and even of this version many of the most ancient and correct MSS. have it not. It is wanting also in all the ancient Greek fathers; and in most even of the Latin.

The words, as they exist in all the Greek MSS. with the exception of the Codex Montfortii, are the following: - 

“1Jo_5:6. This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness because the Spirit is truth.
1Jo_5:7. For there are three that bear witness, the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one.
1Jo_5:9. If we receive the witness of man, the witness of God is greater, etc.”

The words that are omitted by all the MSS., the above excepted, and all the versions, the Vulgate excepted, are these: - 

[In heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one, and there are three which bear witness in earth].

To make the whole more clear, that every reader may see what has been added, I shall set down these verses, with the inserted words in brackets.

“1Jo_5:6. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jo_5:7. For there are three that bear record [in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one. 1Jo_5:8. And there are three that bear witness in earth],the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and these three agree in one.
1Jo_5:9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater, etc.”

Any man may see, on examining the words, that if those included in brackets, which are wanting in the MSS. and versions, be omitted, there is no want of connection; and as to the sense, it is complete and perfect without them; and, indeed much more so than with them. I shall conclude this part of the note by observing, with Dr. Dodd, “that there are some internal and accidental marks which may render the passage suspected; for the sense is complete, and indeed more clear and better preserved, without it. Besides, the Spirit is mentioned, both as a witness in heaven and on earth; so that the six witnesses are thereby reduced to five, and the equality of number, or antithesis between the witnesses in heaven and on earth, is quite taken away. Besides, what need of witnesses in heaven? No one there doubts that Jesus is the Messiah; and if it be said that Father, Son, and Spirit are witnesses on earth, then there are five witnesses on earth, and none in heaven; not to say that there is a little difficulty in interpreting how the Word or the Son can be a witness to himself.”

It may be necessary to inquire how this verse stood in our earliest English Bibles. In Coverdale’s Bible, printed about 1535, for it bears no date, the seventh verse is put in brackets thus: - 

And it is the Sprete that beareth wytnes; for the Sprete is the truth. (For there are thre which beare recorde in heaven: the Father, the Woorde, and the Holy Ghost, and these thre are one.) And there are thre which beare record in earth: the Sprete, water, and bloude and these thre are one. If we receyve, etc.

Tindal was as critical as he was conscientious; and though he admitted the words into the text of the first edition of his New Testament printed in 1526, yet he distinguished them by a different letter, and put them in brackets, as Coverdale has done; and also the words in earth, which stand in 1Jo_5:8, without proper authority, and which being excluded make the text the same as in the MSS., etc.

Two editions of this version are now before me; one printed in English and Latin, quarto, with the following title: - 

The New Testament, both in Englyshe and Laten, of Master Erasmus translation - and imprinted by William Powell - the yere of out Lorde M.CCCCC.XLVII. And the fyrste yere of the kynges (Edw. VI.) moste gratious reygne.

In this edition the text stands thus: - 

And it is the Spirite that beareth wytnes, because the Spirite is truth (for there are thre whiche beare recorde in heaven, the Father, the Worde, and the Holy Ghost, and these thre are one.) For there are thre which beare recorde, (in earth), the Spirite, water, and blode, and these thre are one. If we receyve, etc.

The other printed in London “by William Tylle, 4to; without the Latin of Erasmus in M.CCCCC.XLIX. the thyrde yere of the reigne of our moost dreade Soverayne Lorde Kynge Edwarde the Syxte,” has, with a small variety of spelling, the text in the same order, and the same words included in brackets as above.

The English Bible, with the book of Common Prayer, printed by Richard Cardmarden, at Rouen in Normandy, fol. 1566, exhibits the text faithfully, but in the following singular manner: - 

And it is the Spyryte that beareth witnesse, because the Spyryte is truthe. (for there are three which beare recorde in heaven, the Father, the Woorde, and the Holy Ghost; and these Three are One) And three which beare recorde* (in earth) the Spirite, and water, and bloode; and these three are one.

The first English Bible which I have seen, where these distinctions were omitted, is that called The Bishops’ Bible, printed by Jugge, fol. 1568. Since that time, all such distinctions have been generally disregarded.

Though a conscientious believer in the doctrine of the ever blessed, holy, and undivided Trinity, and in the proper and essential Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, which doctrines I have defended by many, and even new, arguments in the course of this work, I cannot help doubting the authenticity of the text in question; and, for farther particulars, refer to the observations at the end of this chapter.

end quote

generally, people who promote the Trinity doctrine point the above scripture and to examples where God speaks to Jesus or Jesus prays to God; but the doctrine fails to pass the test of 'in the mouth of two or three witnesses'; those witnesses being two or three scriptures that, taken in context, clearly promote the concept of one God in three persons.

in my own understanding, God the Father, Jesus the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit are three names for the three ways man relates to one God.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,485 posts

in my own understanding,

God the Father,

Jesus the Son of God,

and the Holy Spirit are three names

for the three ways man

relates to one

God.

~

In My Understanding

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:1

The Revelation Of The Eternal Godhead

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him,

and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son,

in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:16-17

Is Set In Stone Whether Any Man

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35

Relates To Him

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? Romans 3:3

Or Not

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:4

In My Understanding

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Yes, well the three are the one, what a ridiculous concept, a logical impossibility, whoever heard of such a thing?

148528_116082645123345_6738276_n.jpg

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,485 posts

Yes, well the three are the one, what a ridiculous concept, a logical impossibility, whoever heard of such a thing?

148528_116082645123345_6738276_n.jpg

:thumbsup:

lol, God Makes The Best Examples :)

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

I think it is splendid to have a discussion like this in the Outer Court.  It is a natural subject of curiosity to the non believer as well as some believers.   I have had discussions with Mormons, who say well, Christ is of One Purpose with the Father, but not the same.  BUZZ wrong answer.  And then there are the Muslims who accuse us of polytheism, again BUZZ.   I have posted before a helpful analogy that may help to comprehend the enigma, although it doesn't do it full justice.  The Sun is like God:  the star itself is like the Father, the heat the Holy Spirit and the sunlight we see is Christ.  But it is one Sun, therefore one God.

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts
I think we need more bible verses :-)

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭26‬ NKJV)

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

John 1:3 - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [Talking about Jesus]

Colossians 1:16-17 - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The MIGHTY GOD, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭9‬:‭6‬ KJV)

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US. (‭Matthew‬ ‭1‬:‭23‬ KJV)

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (‭Acts‬ ‭20‬:‭28‬ KJV)

(I'm sorry, who was it that purchased the church with HIS OWN blood? Does it say God?)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ KJV)

(Who was manifest in the flesh again?)

Edited by ThereIsFreedom, 22 July 2014 - 09:41 PM.

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts

I think it is splendid to have a discussion like this in the Outer Court. It is a natural subject of curiosity to the non believer as well as some believers. I have had discussions with Mormons, who say well, Christ is of One Purpose with the Father, but not the same. BUZZ wrong answer. And then there are the Muslims who accuse us of polytheism, again BUZZ. I have posted before a helpful analogy that may help to comprehend the enigma, although it doesn't do it full justice. The Sun is like God: the star itself is like the Father, the heat the Holy Spirit and the sunlight we see is Christ. But it is one Sun, therefore one God.

Oh I like that :-) i'm going to start using it also, thank you.

Macs Son

Macs Son

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
I like the analogy that disciple he loves too gave

1. Spirit - God the Father
2. Body - Jesus the Son of God
3. Soul - God the Holy Spirit with us

Although surely One there is definitely pluralism between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Word of God as well as a distinction in the Bible as to persons of the Godhead joined in perfect love and unity as One. A hard topic but it was taught in the early church while the modern Church seems to avoid direct teaching but definitely accepts it.

The Elements of Trinity in Scripture
From the Beginning the Godhead was always both 'One' and at the same time'an Us'

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

God here is Elohiym; which is plural and not singular.

Genesis 11:5-8
But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the LORD said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city.
Again God = Elohiym; which is plural form and not singular.

And yet God is One
Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!
Mark 12:29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Father God is outside the Physical universe, and therefore no physical flesh has ever seen Him nor can any flesh see Him and live.
No one has ever seen the Father but they have seen God through Christ and through the work of the Holy Spirit which manifests Himself to man and through man

Exodus 33:20
But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”
John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
1John 4:12
No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.

And yet Jacob declares to us he has seen God face to face - this was not the Father but the Son
Early Christological appearances - for Christ also transcends time

Gen 32:28-30 And He said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed." Then Jacob asked, saying, "Tell me Your name, I pray." And He said, "Why is it that you ask about My name?" And He blessed him there. So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”

So the concept of the Son of God was not something new in the new Testament

I neither learned wisdom
Nor have knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is His Son's name,
If you know?
Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

But the Father created the physical universe with the Son and for the Son.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Again 'God" is Elohiym (plural) both the Father and the Son.

In the beginning - re'shiyth
God אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym
created בָּרָא bara' אֵת 'eth
the heaven שָׁמַיִם shamayim
and אֵת 'eth
the earth. אֶרֶץ 'erets

Creation therefore was not something random but for a purpose according to the Will of the Father, and we are also told the Son was active with the Father in Creation

The word of God is two-fold, and, in both senses, is wisdom; for a word without wisdom is of little value, and wisdom without a word is of little use. Now,
1. Divine revelation is the word and wisdom of God, and that pure religion and undefiled which is built upon it; and of that Solomon here speaks, recommending it to us as faithful, and well worthy of all acceptation (v. 1-2). God, by it, instructs, and governs, and blesses, the children of men.
2. The redeemer is the eternal Word and wisdom, the Logos. He is the Wisdom that speaks to the children of men in the former part of the chapter. All divine revelation passes through his hand, and centres in him; but of him as the personal Wisdom, the second person in the Godhead, in the judgment of many of the ancients, Solomon here speaks (v. 22-31). He concludes with a repeated charge to the children of men diligently to attend to the voice of God in his word.

What was Matthew Henry talking about? Well Proverbs 8 describes the Creation and He who was from Everlasting (before time was) the Word - Christ - Everlasting with the Father before there was a was or such a thing called time, atoms, energy or light.

I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.
Riches and honor are with me,
Enduring riches and righteousness.
My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold,
And my revenue than choice silver.
I traverse the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,
That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
That I may fill their treasuries.
The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.
​​I have been established from everlasting,
​​From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.
Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
​​When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
​​When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
​​Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.

So Christ the Word was there from the beginning as the Apostle John also tells us

The Eternal Word also see Genesis 1:1—2:3 
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

So double confirmation that the physical universe was made through the Word of God, who was both with God, and is God. As Proverbs tells us He was with Him from everlasting - "before time, through time, and when time shall end. He was, He is and He is to come. Before there was a physical, the physical manifestation of God, our great High Priest and Mediator, and Judge of the Living and the Dead. He is the light and life of men and the darkness cannot comprehend Him, nor does it know Him. God (Elohiym) brought the physical universe into being for the Son and He shall order it and bring it into subjection as Paul tells us:

To what ends and purpose then was the Universe created?

1Corinthians 15:24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

But the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are distinct. The Father loves the Son and has given all things to Him and the Son fulfills the Will of the Father and the Son gave Himself for us and has sent the Holy Spirit to indwell us that we too may fulfill the will of Christ and be on mission with Him to every generation. We therefore have fellowship with the Father through the Holy Spirit - we are born of the Spirit by faith in Him who gave Himself for us and we shall be raised in Him as well - clothed in Christ when He comes to claim His Church as a Bridegroom claims His Bride.

Matthew 17:4-6 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!" And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid.

Jesus', Paul and John's admonition to walk in the Spirit and Love until the day comes when not only are our minds and hearts transformed by Christ but our physical bodies as well, for as Paul says we shall become like Him.

John 14:16
“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—
John 14:26
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 15:26
“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
John 16:7
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words

Revelation 19:7
“Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.”

In Christ, Pat

Edited by Macs Son, 22 July 2014 - 10:49 PM.

organic

organic
  • 1 posts

Well, say what you want, but i believe God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all one concious being with seperate conciousnesses at the same time. And perhaps there are more we don't know about, yet. It is said in the bible that "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)

Trinitron

Trinitron

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Genesis 1:26 WEB

God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the sky, and over the livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Genesis 2:22 WEB

Yahweh God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil.

Proverbs 30:4

Who has ascended up into heaven, and descended?
    Who has gathered the wind in his fists?
    Who has bound the waters in his garment?
    Who has established all the ends of the earth?
    What is his name, and what is his son’s name, if you know?

Micah 5:2 NKJV

“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Though you are little among the thousands of Judah,
Yet out of you shall come forth to Me
The One to be Ruler in Israel,
Whose goings forth are from of old,
From everlasting.”

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,485 posts

Well, say what you want, but i believe God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all one concious being with seperate conciousnesses at the same time. And perhaps there are more we don't know about, yet. It is said in the bible that "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)

~

God, The Father

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry,

and ye perish from the way,

when his wrath is kindled but a little.

Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Psalms 2:10-12

God, The Son

Verily, verily, I say unto you, 

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,

hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

God, The Holy Ghost

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

My LORD And My God, What A Wonder You Are~!

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Deuteronomy 6:4-6

And I Am Blessed

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

I Love You LORD

I Love You

disciplehelovestoo

disciplehelovestoo
  • Members
  • 89 posts

in my own understanding,

God the Father,

Jesus the Son of God,

for the three ways man

relates to one

God.

~

In My Understanding

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:1

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him,

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35

Relates To Him

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? Romans 3:3

Or Not

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:4

In My Understanding

are you correcting me or trying to help the original poster?  

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts

What do you mean perhaps there are more that we don't know about?

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts

in my own understanding,

God the Father,

Jesus the Son of God,

for the three ways man

relates to one

God.

~

In My Understanding

Relates To Him

Or Not

In My Understanding

are you correcting me or trying to help the original poster?

I'm sure if our brother FresnoJoe is writing these things it is because he truly believes it in His heart and he wants everyone to know what God has showed him. This is an open discussion and everyone has the right to come and write what they believe :-)

Instead, let's focus on getting the truth from the Word of God and not from our own understanding :-) thank you so much. God bless you!

ThereIsFreedom

ThereIsFreedom
  • Members
  • 48 posts

TIF:

This is an open discussion and everyone has the right to come and write what they believe :-)
Instead, let's focus on getting the truth from the Word of God and not from our own understanding

After deletions of some of my posts on this subject, I have found this not to be true here.

They have reasons for deleting posts. But let me rephrase what i said: everyone has the right to come and write what they believe based on the bible (without forgetting that this is a Christian forum and what we should be discussing is from God/Bible, not any other source). Also, making sure that we are not here to insult anybody because that is not the purpose of these discussions, the purpose is to teach and edify.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭29‬ KJV)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network