christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

through a childs eyes

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:movies, family. riding through the country. fishing. hunting. reading, and talking,

We where at a park today and their was a few other people there getting in some play time before more rain fell. Well my 6 year old befriend a older lady and her grand children. They got to talking about jesus and what church they went to and all just chit chat on a 6 year old level. When a couple came up with 2 small children. They was a same sex couple you could tell through the hand holding and just body laungage. The little girl told her grand maw why was they holding hands. Grandmaw went was telling her grand daughter how they lived in sin and this was true and how god didnt like them because of it. This is what i have been dealing with baptist seem to be the worst at judging but before i could open my mouth my 9 year old chimed up. this is what she told the grand mother. " God doesnt hate them he hates the sin he loves them just like he loves me and you. You just sinned but he still loves you to. We should not hate anyone and if you show hate how are they going to shed thier sin when god is suppose to show love and purcy but you are not showing that" now i have gay friends as well as other friends i dont like what they do and my kids preach to them every chance they get and have even turn some around. any way they lady said " God expect everyone to shed thier sin and become pure { i havent found that in the bible yet and have been looking for over 2 hours for it if it saids that somewhere can comeone tell me the verse}. We dont accept people like that prostitutes and gays are the down fall of this nations".. Why this lady decided to get into a battle with my kids beats me but i often listen before i interrupt unless its just out of hand then i step in. This is when my 6 year old stepped in " jesus people { she wont say christian i do not know why but wont we are jesus people} are suppose to show love and kindness." Jesus people need to show love so that people will come to him and get forgave for his sins". If innacent kids can get this why cant adults. Where do we get so high up on this peddistal that we think we are hollier than any other. maybe we should step back and look at our children and become better " jesus people" because the person we judge and turn away you may have been the only door to getting closer to jesus and where that need to be.

Tropicalbound

Tropicalbound
  • Members
  • 18 posts
What a great story!

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
You may not find a verse saying to "shed" your sin. There are plenty that say repent of sin. Repent means literaly to drop it turn 180 degrees and walk away. The bible says apart of becoming saved is repentace of sins. Below are a few verses that speak on repenting/sheding/getting rid of sin. There are a lot more verses than this a google search or a concordance, I have strongs, may help you to locate words faster.

1 John 1:9, luke 13:3, james 4:8-10, 2 chron 7:14, acts 8:22; 17:30, ezekiel 33:19, matt 3:8, jeremiah 18:8, 1 peter 1:16, and the list continues on and on.

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:movies, family. riding through the country. fishing. hunting. reading, and talking,

thanks cetus i didnt think she was lieing but i couldnt find it and she resited it like it was word for word in the bible so i was wondering because i couldnt find it ... thanks 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

thanks cetus i didnt think she was lieing but i couldnt find it and she resited it like it was word for word in the bible so i was wondering because i couldnt find it ... thanks 

If you wish to see a better and more loving example of how Christians should treat gay couples then read this thread:

http://www.worthychr...eeking-trouble/

Trinitron

Trinitron

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

God is the Master of All Creation.  Whether it's someone's sins or our misplaced hatred of a sin transposed onto a person.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

amandakay

amandakay
  • Members
  • 18 posts

oakwood thanks what an amazing read. thanks for the link 

Shira

Shira
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Deeper relationship with Yeshua my L-rd. Reading, crafts and art, gardening, old classic movies, etc.
    Learning to walk in the Love. The peace of Jerusalem.

Oakwood, thank you for sharing that link.  This is who we are really to be.  Yeshua's messengers of His love to a fallen and dark world.

Amandakay, What a story!!!  Thanks for sharing,  I am humbled.  Out of the mouths of babes comes wisdom and understanding.  Shalom

Edited by Shira, 07 August 2014 - 03:00 PM.

ChristServantSean

ChristServantSean
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:The Bible, Preaching the Good News, Jesus
Great stuff, God bless you :)

Preparing the Bride

Preparing the Bride
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, bicycling and Bible studies.

Out of the mouth of babes! (Matthew 21:16) I can see where being called "Jesus people" would portray relationship and "Christian" would portray religion. Thank you for sharing!

HidenInTheOpenIsGod

HidenInTheOpenIsGod
  • Members *
  • 6 posts

We where at a park today and their was a few other people there getting in some play time before more rain fell. Well my 6 year old befriend a older lady and her grand children. They got to talking about jesus and what church they went to and all just chit chat on a 6 year old level. When a couple came up with 2 small children. They was a same sex couple you could tell through the hand holding and just body laungage. The little girl told her grand maw why was they holding hands. Grandmaw went was telling her grand daughter how they lived in sin and this was true and how god didnt like them because of it. This is what i have been dealing with baptist seem to be the worst at judging but before i could open my mouth my 9 year old chimed up. this is what she told the grand mother. " God doesnt hate them he hates the sin he loves them just like he loves me and you. You just sinned but he still loves you to. We should not hate anyone and if you show hate how are they going to shed thier sin when god is suppose to show love and purcy but you are not showing that" now i have gay friends as well as other friends i dont like what they do and my kids preach to them every chance they get and have even turn some around. any way they lady said " God expect everyone to shed thier sin and become pure { i havent found that in the bible yet and have been looking for over 2 hours for it if it saids that somewhere can comeone tell me the verse}. We dont accept people like that prostitutes and gays are the down fall of this nations".. Why this lady decided to get into a battle with my kids beats me but i often listen before i interrupt unless its just out of hand then i step in. This is when my 6 year old stepped in " jesus people { she wont say christian i do not know why but wont we are jesus people} are suppose to show love and kindness." Jesus people need to show love so that people will come to him and get forgave for his sins". If innacent kids can get this why cant adults. Where do we get so high up on this peddistal that we think we are hollier than any other. maybe we should step back and look at our children and become better " jesus people" because the person we judge and turn away you may have been the only door to getting closer to jesus and where that need to be.

God gave you a warrior :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network