christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

Septim

Septim
  • Seeker
  • 17 posts

I could technically be called a Christian, but that wouldn't be entirely correct. My relationship would really be better described as slave/master. I do what I must albeit begrudgingly and I still accept the gift of Christ despite that I would prefer another option.

So, I am  condemned to hell?

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Sounds to me like if you prefer another option that you aren't satisfied with your current status with God. Maybe you need to seek Him more completely within your spirit because being a Christian shouldn't feel like an obligation but rather like a joyful privilege?

Cog

Cog
  • Seeker
  • 73 posts

I would try to work through whatever it is that has you feeling begrudged...

No one knows your fate except God.

LuftWaffle

LuftWaffle

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

I could technically be called a Christian, but that wouldn't be entirely correct. My relationship would really be better described as slave/master. I do what I must albeit begrudgingly and I still accept the gift of Christ despite that I would prefer another option.

You sound like C.S. Lewis

countingsheep

countingsheep

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Hi Septim

John 15:15 "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

Doesn't sound like you willingly and Humbly and Joyfully accepted Jesus Christ into your life as Your personal Saviour? so You were probably brought up in a "christian" household and just thought that is what being a christian is all about...Have You ever even been curious in knowing Jesus? or even wanted to know why He was crucified for You... and this is the best thanks You can give Him..

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
Can you discribe your relationship more?. Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit so that He leads you and speaks to you? Or are you trying your best to obey the commandments so you will be good enough to go to heaven?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,497 posts

~

So,

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Are You Happy?

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Really?

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Septim

Septim
  • Seeker
  • 17 posts

I apologize for being unclear. No, I am not attempting to be good enough to merit heaven. I realize that this is impossible. I have begrudgingly accepted the gift of salvation because I have not other choice. In addition, while I did grow up in a christian home, I am not confused or unclear about what a christian is. 

Edited by Septim, 24 July 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Genesis

Genesis
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Given what you know of Christianity, since you say you accept the gift of Christ, what is the other preferred option that you mention?

Septim

Septim
  • Seeker
  • 17 posts

Well, if you think that's relevant: death, pure and simple. To know that when my life ends, it actually ends.However, since that isn't an option, I'm taking the better of the two available.

countingsheep

countingsheep

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

When do you think you became a Christian?

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Well, if you think that's relevant: death, pure and simple. To know that when my life ends, it actually ends.However, since that isn't an option, I'm taking the better of the two available.

You would prefer to be no more instead of living eternally in paradise? Is it because you are afraid that you might not make it to heaven and therefore would prefer to be no more that way you won't have to worry if you are doing the right thing in life to inherit eternal life?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Blessings Septim

Welcome to Worthy....I am going to be perfectly honest with you....I really don't know if you are condemned to hell or not,,,,,,I do not know your heart,,,,that is something that perhaps you do not even really know but God does.I would certainly want to know though,if I were you?

I know you are saying that you begrudgingly accept Gods Gracious Gift but do you really,you sound as though you actually resent God....almost with the attitude that you are doing Him a favor?I do not sense any love in anything you say & is that not what God is all about?Jesus said"If you love me you will obey my commands"....Do you love Him  or just believe He is God,because someone believes He is God is not all there is to it,,,,even the demons believe?

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him SHOULD  not perish, but have everlasting life.

Many people fail to see that Gods Word does not guarantee Salvation simply because someone believes....should not & shall not have 2 very different meanings......When Christ abides in us we do the things that please God because we have the Heart & Mind of Christ  and want to pleae our Father because we love Him & love one another......not because we "must",we walk in Spirit & in Truth and our hearts are softened & convicted as there is a renewing of our minds ,we become new creatures in Christ,,,,,transformed not conformed. In order for all these things to happen there must be a willingness to forsake self.............With a carnal mind & an unrepentant heart  there can never be a transformation ,I do not think that is truly receiving Christ as Lord and Savior...............I just think you may have reservations & I cannot know if they are Salvational issues,I can only go by what you are telling us & that is not very much but it doesn't sound very assuring to me.......

I do know that Jesus loves you and i do believe you should seek a relationship with Him & ask Him to reveal your own heart to you.I will keep you in my prayers                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
To be perfectly blunt- you need to study the Word to get to know God and then the plan that unfolds
will be so awesome you can't help but admire and love The One Who has designed such! Love, Steven

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,497 posts

I apologize for being unclear.

No, I am not attempting to be good enough to merit heaven.

I realize that this is impossible.

I have begrudgingly accepted the gift of salvation because I have not other choice.

In addition, while I did grow up in a christian home,

I am not confused or unclear

about what a christian is.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, As Impossible As It Sometimes Seems

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save,

he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love,

he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Jesus Absolutely Adores You

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling,

and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Septim

Septim
  • Seeker
  • 17 posts

Alright. Thanks for the information, everyone.

Jzyehoshua

Jzyehoshua
  • Members
  • 89 posts

That you're thinking this through in itself hardly indicates someone condemned to hell I think. It sounds like you're a calvinist who believes you have no choice but to follow God. To believe and do right takes a choice. I disagree with calvinists on this fatalist stuff. I will just point out though that questioning one's faith is actually Biblically commanded and encouraged.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Even if someone were to err from belief in Christ, there wouldn't be definite cause for fatalism.

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Loving God and loving others as ourselves are the two great commandments, and love covers a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Matthew 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38 This is the first and great commandment.
 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

God bless!

Septim

Septim
  • Seeker
  • 17 posts

Actually, no I come from an evangelical free background. The reason that I feel I have no choice isn't because I don't think I have another option; it's because the other option is hell, and that might as well be no option at all.

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Septim, Can I ask if you're a depressed person? Or even if you say no, do you just feel so sad you'd rather be dead? But you know we're not allowed to end our own lives, and so you feel you're a Christian only because God is keeping you here. Am I on the right track?

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
I do not know if you are condemned to hell or not septim. But it seems you are searching for something other than an answer to that question. How thankful are you for what you have? Try being thankful for two weeks and see where it gets you. Count your blessings one by one. God dont want us to be grumpy and to complain and murmur, as the israelites did in the desert.i learned a long time ago as a christian, the way I feel is a choice. I can wallow in pity parties or I can acknowledge Gods grace and mercy, and the fact he was mocked and suffered and bled and died for my sins, and that He continues to be patient with me even in my stubborness, and can thank Him and praise him for His continual love or I can sink lower and lower thinking what I have isnt good enough OR i can acess peaxe and joy here and now. Also what is your focus on? God can help you out of this slump but its up to us to do our part, we must seek and do so with a right attitude. Just try to be thankful for two weeks. This is advice that was given me by an older man than myself years ago and I saw it helped.

I dont think your are condemned, I think your focus is off. God loves you, there is nothing better than that, not even life itself, cheer up.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network