Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I could technically be called a Christian, but that wouldn't be entirely correct. My relationship would really be better described as slave/master. I do what I must albeit begrudgingly and I still accept the gift of Christ despite that I would prefer another option.

So, I am  condemned to hell?

Posted · Report post

Sounds to me like if you prefer another option that you aren't satisfied with your current status with God. Maybe you need to seek Him more completely within your spirit because being a Christian shouldn't feel like an obligation but rather like a joyful privilege?

Posted · Report post

I would try to work through whatever it is that has you feeling begrudged...

No one knows your fate except God.

Posted · Report post

I could technically be called a Christian, but that wouldn't be entirely correct. My relationship would really be better described as slave/master. I do what I must albeit begrudgingly and I still accept the gift of Christ despite that I would prefer another option.

You sound like C.S. Lewis

Posted · Report post

Hi Septim

John 15:15 "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

Doesn't sound like you willingly and Humbly and Joyfully accepted Jesus Christ into your life as Your personal Saviour? so You were probably brought up in a "christian" household and just thought that is what being a christian is all about...Have You ever even been curious in knowing Jesus? or even wanted to know why He was crucified for You... and this is the best thanks You can give Him..

Posted · Report post

Can you discribe your relationship more?. Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit so that He leads you and speaks to you? Or are you trying your best to obey the commandments so you will be good enough to go to heaven?

Posted · Report post

~

So,

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Are You Happy?

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Really?

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Posted (edited) · Report post

I apologize for being unclear. No, I am not attempting to be good enough to merit heaven. I realize that this is impossible. I have begrudgingly accepted the gift of salvation because I have not other choice. In addition, while I did grow up in a christian home, I am not confused or unclear about what a christian is. 

Edited by Septim

Posted · Report post

Given what you know of Christianity, since you say you accept the gift of Christ, what is the other preferred option that you mention?

Posted · Report post

Well, if you think that's relevant: death, pure and simple. To know that when my life ends, it actually ends.However, since that isn't an option, I'm taking the better of the two available.

Posted · Report post

When do you think you became a Christian?

Posted · Report post

Well, if you think that's relevant: death, pure and simple. To know that when my life ends, it actually ends.However, since that isn't an option, I'm taking the better of the two available.

You would prefer to be no more instead of living eternally in paradise? Is it because you are afraid that you might not make it to heaven and therefore would prefer to be no more that way you won't have to worry if you are doing the right thing in life to inherit eternal life?

Posted · Report post

Blessings Septim

Welcome to Worthy....I am going to be perfectly honest with you....I really don't know if you are condemned to hell or not,,,,,,I do not know your heart,,,,that is something that perhaps you do not even really know but God does.I would certainly want to know though,if I were you?

I know you are saying that you begrudgingly accept Gods Gracious Gift but do you really,you sound as though you actually resent God....almost with the attitude that you are doing Him a favor?I do not sense any love in anything you say & is that not what God is all about?Jesus said"If you love me you will obey my commands"....Do you love Him  or just believe He is God,because someone believes He is God is not all there is to it,,,,even the demons believe?

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him SHOULD  not perish, but have everlasting life.

Many people fail to see that Gods Word does not guarantee Salvation simply because someone believes....should not & shall not have 2 very different meanings......When Christ abides in us we do the things that please God because we have the Heart & Mind of Christ  and want to pleae our Father because we love Him & love one another......not because we "must",we walk in Spirit & in Truth and our hearts are softened & convicted as there is a renewing of our minds ,we become new creatures in Christ,,,,,transformed not conformed. In order for all these things to happen there must be a willingness to forsake self.............With a carnal mind & an unrepentant heart  there can never be a transformation ,I do not think that is truly receiving Christ as Lord and Savior...............I just think you may have reservations & I cannot know if they are Salvational issues,I can only go by what you are telling us & that is not very much but it doesn't sound very assuring to me.......

I do know that Jesus loves you and i do believe you should seek a relationship with Him & ask Him to reveal your own heart to you.I will keep you in my prayers                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

Posted · Report post

To be perfectly blunt- you need to study the Word to get to know God and then the plan that unfolds

will be so awesome you can't help but admire and love The One Who has designed such! Love, Steven

Posted · Report post

I apologize for being unclear.

No, I am not attempting to be good enough to merit heaven.

I realize that this is impossible.

I have begrudgingly accepted the gift of salvation because I have not other choice.

In addition, while I did grow up in a christian home,

I am not confused or unclear

about what a christian is.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, As Impossible As It Sometimes Seems

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save,

he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love,

he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Jesus Absolutely Adores You

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling,

and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Posted · Report post

Alright. Thanks for the information, everyone.

Posted · Report post

That you're thinking this through in itself hardly indicates someone condemned to hell I think. It sounds like you're a calvinist who believes you have no choice but to follow God. To believe and do right takes a choice. I disagree with calvinists on this fatalist stuff. I will just point out though that questioning one's faith is actually Biblically commanded and encouraged.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Even if someone were to err from belief in Christ, there wouldn't be definite cause for fatalism.

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Loving God and loving others as ourselves are the two great commandments, and love covers a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Matthew 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38 This is the first and great commandment.
 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

God bless!

Posted · Report post

Actually, no I come from an evangelical free background. The reason that I feel I have no choice isn't because I don't think I have another option; it's because the other option is hell, and that might as well be no option at all.

Posted · Report post

Septim, Can I ask if you're a depressed person? Or even if you say no, do you just feel so sad you'd rather be dead? But you know we're not allowed to end our own lives, and so you feel you're a Christian only because God is keeping you here. Am I on the right track?

Posted · Report post

I do not know if you are condemned to hell or not septim. But it seems you are searching for something other than an answer to that question. How thankful are you for what you have? Try being thankful for two weeks and see where it gets you. Count your blessings one by one. God dont want us to be grumpy and to complain and murmur, as the israelites did in the desert.i learned a long time ago as a christian, the way I feel is a choice. I can wallow in pity parties or I can acknowledge Gods grace and mercy, and the fact he was mocked and suffered and bled and died for my sins, and that He continues to be patient with me even in my stubborness, and can thank Him and praise him for His continual love or I can sink lower and lower thinking what I have isnt good enough OR i can acess peaxe and joy here and now. Also what is your focus on? God can help you out of this slump but its up to us to do our part, we must seek and do so with a right attitude. Just try to be thankful for two weeks. This is advice that was given me by an older man than myself years ago and I saw it helped.

I dont think your are condemned, I think your focus is off. God loves you, there is nothing better than that, not even life itself, cheer up.

Posted · Report post

Hey well maybe try being a bond slave to your master and that is one who has the freedom to leave but wants to serve him, which really you do have the choice.  Maybe you don't know the Word of God is true and inerrant.  He planned all this from the beginning.  He knew the woman he took from Adam would listen to the evil one and he made a way for all mankind who would wish to become the bride of Christ to become so.  He is making a helpmate for Himself.

Lucifer was the most beautiful angel of light and very gifted in music. Satan does not want us to love the Lord.  He wants to take his place.

The creator is planning untold things for us.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Posted · Report post

I still think you sound like you're depressed. Because I can totally relate to what you said about wishing for a death,  plain and simple. I think you mean you wish there was a way to die and not exist anymore after the death. Like shutting off a light bulb. Depression makes us wish for that. But Christianity teaches us that doesn't happen. We either go to Heaven or hell. But from what Christianity teaches, going to Heaven isn't a difficult thing to do. In fact it's easy. My guess is you're a young person, and living a life of love for your fellow human might seem hard. I guess to you a life of sin looks easier, and much more fun. I can tell you it's not easier, and while it may seem to be fun at times, wait until the consequences of the sins come. God forgives the sins, but he doesn't stop the consequences.

I wish you'd explain why you feel the way you do better? I don't think you're on the road to hell. No one else here thinks so neither. We would like to try and help you enjoy being a person of God. It shouldn't be a bad thing.

Posted · Report post

Alright. Thanks for the information, everyone.

Would love to see you in Chat where you can speak to people one on one.  You are more then welcome.

Posted · Report post

I still think you sound like you're depressed. Because I can totally relate to what you said about wishing for a death,  plain and simple. I think you mean you wish there was a way to die and not exist anymore after the death. Like shutting off a light bulb. Depression makes us wish for that. But Christianity teaches us that doesn't happen. We either go to Heaven or hell. But from what Christianity teaches, going to Heaven isn't a difficult thing to do. In fact it's easy. My guess is you're a young person, and living a life of love for your fellow human might seem hard. I guess to you a life of sin looks easier, and much more fun. I can tell you it's not easier, and while it may seem to be fun at times, wait until the consequences of the sins come. God forgives the sins, but he doesn't stop the consequences.

I wish you'd explain why you feel the way you do better? I don't think you're on the road to hell. No one else here thinks so neither. We would like to try and help you enjoy being a person of God. It shouldn't be a bad thing.

You're on the right track. The death you described is the exact option I wish I could choose. However, I have no desire to live a life of sin; I also have no desire to serve God. I only do it because it is the better of the two options. I hate the life I'm forced to live and being here infuriates me. The world is awful and entirely pointless and that endows me with a burning fury unequal in all creation.

Hopefully that will better explain it.

Posted · Report post

Hi Septim,   Yes, that helped. Now I wish I knew your approximate age. My guess is you're closer to the beginning of life, than the end. Granted anyone can die at anytime. But I'm 62 so I'm closer to the end, and I think you're closer to the beginning. I'm glad to hear you don't desire to live a life of sin. That's good. Having lived 62 years I have to disagree that life is entirely pointless. Although it often feels that way. I will agree that for some of us life is awful. It was pretty awful for me because I was born a sickly child, and every number of years some new illness befell me. So I never got to do and enjoy the things most folks do. However, I know there are people worse off than me, but most would be better. In America anyway. But I realized 32 years ago I'm one of the people fortunate enough to know God. Many people seem to go to their grave never really knowing God. In the last 15 years I decided to start showing other people who God is through how I treat them. Wow, I wish I had done this a long time ago. But alas, I was shy. I've found most people want to believe in God, or they want to know God, but they are afraid to because they don't think anyone else does. Now mind you I don't do what you'd call witnessing to people. I found that usually got a negative response. Instead I did something that Jesus would have done. Just about everyone has seen one or more movies about Jesus, so when you behave like He would have, you catch their attention. You might be asking, "why bother?".  The reason is because when you surprise other people in this way, you make your fury start to go away. You get your mind off yourself and on to someone else. Even if it's for 5 minutes while you wait for a bus. You also start to become part of the solution to this world being awful, rather than being one of the people who makes it awful. You're also doing what God would want you to do, but forget that. Do it to make yourself feel better. The look of surprise on some people's face's is invaluable. You'll also be shocked by what a lot of people will tell you. After a while, and it may be a year or so, you'll notice this is fun. At the very least it beats being angry all the time. This is where I really wish I knew your age.

Look at it this way. You're stuck here, right? Yeah, me too. You said you know God, and you know how He wants us to behave towards one and another, right? You might as well have some fun with it. If you're a young guy, you'll probably attract quite a few people doing this. As that happens, your anger will fade away. Do you think you can try this? It beats waiting around for death. So what do you think?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0