christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are some Bible verses that tell us about our discipline?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Reading, Exploring the Web, Kayaking, Loving my Wife, Gardening, Building Web Sites, Spending Time with Family
I know this may open up a huge discussion but I'm looking for some verses dealing with discipline. Not necessarily punishment. I know people get those confused.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Interests:Hunt, Fish, shoot pool, snooker read kjv read Worthy

I know this may open up a huge discussion but I'm looking for some verses dealing with discipline. Not necessarily punishment. I know people get those confused.

James 4:4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Romans 12:18

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Eph 5:11

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

we must discipline our selves to do these. many do not go by these rule or guidelines.

Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Gen 1:1-Rev 22:21 and I am only partially being tongue in cheek. The whole of scripture is about discipline, creation, fall and restoration! 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network