christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Joshua David

Joshua David
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.  I am about 40 years old and have been studying the bible for about 15 years.  I love talking about the bible and debating points.  I firmly believe that iron sharpens iron, but to do so,while it is necessary to be pointed in the same 'general' direction, most times clashes and a little bit of friction is necessary.  If everyone believed exactly the same way you do, then no one would learn anything.  

I believe that for the Holy Spirit to teaches us something, we have to remain teachable.  To be teachable,  we must admit that we don't know everything. To admit that we don't know everything is to admit that our understanding is limited (at least on this side of Heaven).  And to admit that our understanding is limited means that we all should consider that it is at least possible that we might be wrong on debatable points of doctrine.  I am not talking about major doctrinal points, ie... Jesus is the only way to God, Jesus died on the cross for our sins, His blood paid the penalty for our sins.  But on the smaller doctinal points that are usually debated on this board on those like it all over the world...for example the timing of the rapture, law vs grace, works vs faith, ect.

I look forward to exploring God's word with all of you.  So come let us reason together..... and both come away sharper for it.

Joshua David 

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,243 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ & Him Crucified!!!

Welcome :)

countingsheep

countingsheep

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Welcome Joshua i don't get involved in doctrinal divisions myself but some here do and i'm sure you will fit right in. as long as people listen to the Spirit of God and Give Him the Glory (all too often people get so puffed up in pride they worship Self which is a false god)   there should be no confusion!

Glory to God

Edited by countingsheep, 24 July 2014 - 10:44 PM.

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Hi Joshua, welcome to worthy

Genesis

Genesis
  • Members
  • 92 posts

welcomeclipart20.gif From a fellow Newbie :)

Livia

Livia
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Hello :)

zoshabartis

zoshabartis
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:The only thing I care about is Jesus, God, and The Bible. I hate everything in this world besides The Bible, the Holy Spirit, and church sermons. I am not friends with this world. This world is my enemy and I overcame it the moment I believed on Jesus. If you have interests in the world that aren't biblical, you should focus more on The Bible and read it every single day of your life. HOW BIG IS YOUR GOD? Is your God big enough to tell you how to act? How to live? What to say? How to dress? Well our Lord has commandments, and I sin every single day, because even a foolish thought is sinful, and I am a foolish women. But God chooses the foolish things to put to shame the wise, God chooses the weak things to put to shame the things which are mighty.

"The only thing I know is that I don't know nothing,"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network