christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi :)

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts
Joined this forum to ask questions. I'm a female. I'm keeping my identity private because it's better for me that way.

I'm a rollercoaster as a Christian and it's still a struggle for me. At the moment I don't care one bit, but I sometimes do.
I feel my faith has been helped maybe by others prayer, I wish God would be there to give me strength himself to be the Christian I want to be. I've been praying and you can read in another topic my struggles.

Hoping this place will be good for me. I was on another forum, but the people there were not very nice.
I learnt my lesson by that experience. I had logged my daily struggles but it got me into trouble because I swore out of frustration. Don't miss it, I was not liked there either lol. The whole topic was deleted so I can't link it.

I think I wrote about my journey to Christ on that forum somewhere and don't feel like typing it all up again. Might one day here,

I don't do these introductory threads, but I need 5 posts to ask a question here.

Also, a question. (Not the one i came on here to ask)
I was wondering what 'spiritual death' is? We are all born to sin, so we sin and our punishment is death, but what is spiritual death? I know our spirit goes to be judged by a God when we die, but I've never read or heard that it 'dies'?

Edited by Joy and love, 31 July 2014 - 04:26 AM.

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Joined this forum to ask questions. I'm a female. I'm keeping my identity private because it's better for me that way.

I'm a rollercoaster as a Christian and it's still a struggle for me. At the moment I don't care one bit, but I sometimes do.
I feel my faith has been helped maybe by others prayer, I wish God would be there to give me strength himself to be the Christian I want to be. I've been praying and you can read in another topic my struggles.

Hoping this place will be good for me. I was on another forum, but the people there were not very nice.
I learnt my lesson by that experience. I had logged my daily struggles but it got me into trouble because I swore out of frustration. Don't miss it, I was not liked there either lol. The whole topic was deleted so I can't link it.

I think I wrote about my journey to Christ on that forum somewhere and don't feel like typing it all up again. Might one day here,

I don't do these introductory threads, but I need 5 posts to ask a question here.

I was wondering what 'spiritual death' is? We are all born to sin, so we sin and our punishment is death, but what is spiritual death? I know our spirit goes to be judged by a God when we die, but I've never read or heard that it 'dies'?

Welcome to worthy. I will be praying for you. :)

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts
Thank you. That's very nice. I need to pray for others myself.
I care more for animals than humans, so i pray more for them. Seems mean, I think it's because people have let me down so much and proved nothing but they are a waste of time.

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts
How do you start a blog here? Would like to start one.
Won't swear. I've learnt my lesson. I will try to avoid swear words and put in something else instead. It's hard because I get a lot of built up sadness and frustration, because I have no one to talk to

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

How do you start a blog here? Would like to start one.
Won't swear. I've learnt my lesson. I will try to avoid swear words and put in something else instead. It's hard because I get a lot of built up sadness and frustration, because I have no one to talk to

Welcome to Worthy. 

(Only those in the Ministry team may start blogs) 

We have a chat room where you can find other members of Worthy to chat with  :thumbsup:

Cedonulli

Cedonulli
  • 2 posts
Most beloved sister, I love your courage in asking and expressing. I will be certain to you that I was lead down here just to revive the spiritually sick and troubled. To be spiritually dead is to be unaware of spiritual needs eventhough he is aware, he does not enjoy them. While swimming in sin, one is dead to God and when one repents, he begins to ressrurect from the dead. Romans 6 and 7 talks about this. So practically a sinner is a walking dead. I hope you are satisfied with this respose?

Tina2

Tina2
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Hi,

Welcome to Worthy. I hope that here you will be able to find answers to your questions and a lot of welcomed frinedship. This group of people are top notch, and I think you will be happy. 

It is okay to struggle and have questions for and about God. In fact, he wants to to ask and learn.You do not have to check your brain at the door to be a Christian.

I believe it shows a real interst in God when we ask and open up to him about everything that concerns us. 

Hope to see you in chat and in the forums.

Tina2

Rogstah

Rogstah
  • Members *
  • 6 posts

welcome

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 191 posts

Hi Joy and Love it can be a battle sometimes, But He is always there 

Edited by Snow, 28 August 2014 - 07:41 AM.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
Welcome to Worthy!! God does care but I think that sometimes we are so busy with our own concerns that we fail to notice what He has been doing in our lives.

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts

Welcome :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,027 posts

Welcome~!

clean

clean

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Hi, Joy and Love, welcome to Worthy. 

Matthew 10:28

And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hello Joy and Love, and welcome to Worthy.

Most beloved sister, I love your courage in asking and expressing. I will be certain to you that I was lead down here just to revive the spiritually sick and troubled. To be spiritually dead is to be unaware of spiritual needs eventhough he is aware, he does not enjoy them. While swimming in sin, one is dead to God and when one repents, he begins to ressrurect from the dead. Romans 6 and 7 talks about this. So practically a sinner is a walking dead. I hope you are satisfied with this respose?

Hello also, to you Cedonulli, and welcome to Worthy.

And great passages to her question.

1)  And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5)  Even when we where dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:1; 5

Quickened is another word for made alive.  So Joy and Love, as Ceonulli, stated people who don't know Christ Jesus, are the spiritual dead, 

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts
Thank you for the welcomes. I've gone back into the faith. I went off the wagon again after leaving this forum and found my way back with the radio station I mentioned earlier. I even found a bible I wanted to read because it's simpler worded. I think I got a phrase from The Lord when I asked. Only part of it applied to me, but when I first read it I felt like it was like it was meant for me. I can't remember what verse it was, but it mentioned strength and weakness and I felt like it applied to my faith.

I think The Lord may have done something for me...but I don't know because it's a ipad game. Feel stupid even thinking that...but it was something I was trying to earn on a game and two days in a row I got what I wanted! The chances were really low of it happening.
I do believe in coincidences, but apparently in faith there is not. So I think it's The Lord?

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
May you find answers here. There are many very intelligent people here to answer your questions
(Me not included lol) God only wants the best for His children. YES He is always woth you!! Welcome!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network