christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Society/television/internet/dying

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

dscapp

dscapp

Members*

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Can we compare society to what's on t.v. and the internet.

For example, if a christian wants to know where society is at just turn on the t.v. or go on the internet.

I mean, what are people really dying for these days. dumb idols, money and technology?

At least our soldiers in WWII were dying for a cause.

We're just on borrowed time now, thoughts. - ds

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
I would say go to the bible. Reading in the old testament one can see the state of socioties back then have similarities to today and we can see also what God thought/had to say about it too. Another place in the bible to see where we are is matthew 24, luke 21, and mark 13. From my umderstanding the labor pains/contractions are becoming more frequent and sever. (The words beginning of sorrows means labor pains. Check out revelation 12.)
I quit watching tv several years back, and I am glad I did. I felt much cleaner inside once I stopped taking a lot of that moraly desensitizing garbage in. I get all my news from the internet or the papers.

Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? Saith the Lord; shall I cause to bring forth and shut the womb? Saith thy God. Isaiah 66:9

Some say its always darkest just before the dawn. I read the end of The Book. We win. Keep your lamps burning.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,033 posts

The soldiers are risking their lives to defend the people in this nation, and to defend the freedom we still have left from worse tyranny.  Everyone in society isn't a terrible sinner.  There are still sincere Christians in this nation.   Hollywood writers are often left-wingers, and they are pushing an agenda that is not traditional family values.  Usually Hollywood's view of America is a step worse than where we are.  Take the language on tv for instance.  Yes, a lot of people will use curse words, but most people I come in contact with don't talk like Richard Pryor. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network