christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Vali Valenz

Vali Valenz
  • Nonbeliever
  • 2 posts

I would like to start off by saying, I am an agnostic atheist. Not here to start any trouble, argue, talk about mixing cloths, attempt to place doubt in anyone's mind, make fun or anything of that sort. And before anyone gets any ideas, I am...

Agnostic: A person who *believes* that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God. 

Atheist: A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

About as literal as the terms get. I feel like some people see those words and assume that I think I know everything. Here I am wanting to ask questions, so, of course I don't. If you think that, because I don't know, because I don't believe, I'm part of some big stereotype, please, put that aside if you can. I don't put all religious people into one category, (and yes, I know some of us heathens do) and I would like you to treat me as I would treat you; as an individual.

If you don't want me here, I'll be on my merry, no hard feelings. If you can recommend a better forum for someone like myself, please do. However, as I understand it (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), part of a Christians "job" is to educate. I live in the United States so, out of the big 3 religions out there, Christianity is the one I'm most familiar with, hear the most about and therefore, have the most questions for.

I have some questions and would like some clarification on certain things in the good book. If it's clear as water for you, well, good, but it is not for me.

A little about myself, if you don't mind. I was born in 1982, and I think I was born a skeptic. The first Christmas I can remember, I got a Bumblelion. A Wuzzle, kind of a half bee half lion plush toy. I was very, very happy. I thanked my mom, and grandma, and my mom said, it was from Santa. I pointed out, with a toddler version of a Joe Friday being lied to face, that the fireplace was very small, and mentioned the chimney. One of those capped skinny chimneys a squirrel would have trouble getting into.

My mother, and extended family are Catholic. Over the years, I've attended Catholic services, though rarely. All that sit then kneel then stand, kneel, sit... I liked the, "Peace be with you" bit at the end, tho. Haha hard to have a problem with that!

The best answers to my questions about the Bible I ever got were from a Lutheran pastor. When I was in middle school, a few friends and I would go to a Lutheran church after school. Not for any religious reasons, they just had an after school hangout thing. Draw, paint, basketball, snacks, and the baddest clergyman I ever met. Pastor Jeff, or Geoff, I don't know. Former Green Beret, rational, level-headed, intelligent, kind, cool. He never tried to convert me, but would always talk about religion if I wanted to. His answers to a lot of my questions were along the lines of, "Just be a good person." Which is fine, some seem to disagree, but I liked it. That was a long time ago, though, and there are new questions.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a bad question. However, some people seem to, so, maybe keep the kids away from future posts if I'm able to post them. Again, not here to cause trouble, make fun, be a jerk, be rude, or otherwise make people feel uncomfortable.

If you made it this far, thank you! I made this post as short as I could. Apologies for any bad grammar or spelling, I've been up awhile.

I look forward to possible future conversations with you all.

Oh! Also, if you would like to ask me any questions, that of course is just fine.

Edited by Vali Valenz, 15 August 2014 - 04:17 AM.

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

Vali, I am quite sure you will be welcomed in by  the folk who frequent this place, and that many will be pleased to chat with you and help in whatever way they can

Vali Valenz

Vali Valenz
  • Nonbeliever
  • 2 posts

Thanks! great to know.

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:looking for treasure in the bible and being in Gods good books, guitars,staying healthy i'll give anyone a warm smile and a friendly hello

Greetings Vali  Welcome to Worthy!    :)

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Welcome to Worthy.

We have believers, nonbelievers and seekers, all are welcome if they follow the TOS Rules

( I have changed you membership status to nonbeliever) 

Please take time to read the terms of service.

http://www.worthychr...tion=boardrules

God Bless.

Nigel. 

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Welcome to worthy

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,640 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a bad question. However, some people seem to, so, maybe keep the kids away from future posts if I'm able to post them. Again, not here to cause trouble, make fun, be a jerk, be rude, or otherwise make people feel uncomfortable.

Having re read your post I noticed the above. 

Just so that you are aware.

Please remember that Worthy is a Christian-friendly , family oriented and younger members can read the forums.

The site was created for a place where families can come and discuss scripture, to provide guidance to the lost, weak and suffering, to encourage those struggling and to give honour to our Lord God. We are not like Google Groups, Yahoo, or many other sites that discuss every topic imaginable.**

God Bless. 

Nigel. 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Welcome to Worthy!! Do you believe there is a God even though He cannot be proven??

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,478 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

Having re read your post I noticed the above. 

Just so that you are aware.

Please remember that Worthy is a Christian-friendly , family oriented and younger members can read the forums.

The site was created for a place where families can come and discuss scripture, to provide guidance to the lost, weak and suffering, to encourage those struggling and to give honour to our Lord God. We are not like Google Groups, Yahoo, or many other sites that discuss every topic imaginable.**

God Bless. 

Nigel. 

Please take note of what Nigel said. If a kid can't read it, don't post it.

Welcome to Worthy.

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,242 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ & Him Crucified!!!

Welcome to Worthy

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network