christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ello all

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

North.

North.
  • Members
  • 7 posts

So um. Hi? I'm North.

I was reared in a community of nondenominational christians, and have recently began to doubt and explore the religion I was spoon fed for the vast majority of my life. The reasoning of 'god's good' and 'of course it's true, the bible said so!' isn't cutting it for me anymore by a long shot.

You guys seem like the most stable of the christian forums, so I thought I'd stop in and start some friendly discussions to answer some of my questions.  :biggrin2:

KPaulG

KPaulG

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Hi. North.

Wyrm

Wyrm
  • 2 posts

Hi North! I'm new as well.

North.

North.
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Howdy Wyrm. Nice to meet you! 

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

Welcome :)

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Welcome to Worthy :)

North.

North.
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks guys! :D

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

So um. Hi? I'm North.

I was reared in a community of nondenominational christians, and have recently began to doubt and explore the religion I was spoon fed for the vast majority of my life. The reasoning of 'god's good' and 'of course it's true, the bible said so!' isn't cutting it for me anymore by a long shot.

You guys seem like the most stable of the christian forums, so I thought I'd stop in and start some friendly discussions to answer some of my questions.  :biggrin2:

Hi Brother North !

May the Lord be willing if He will use me to share any questions you have about the Bible, but, wisdom has to come from the Lord in helping you see the truth in His words.  I strongly advise you to rely only on the KJV for the actual meaning of His words, brother.  I have come to see the truth in His words have been kept by those that loved Hi & His words in the KJV as opposing all modern Bibles..

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 191 posts

God Bless You and Welcome  to Worthy North!  enjoy Your stay  :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,021 posts

Welcome~!

King Names

King Names
  • Nonbeliever
  • 6 posts

Hi. North.

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hello North, and welcome to Worthy.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,635 posts

Welcome North!

Spoon feeding is never a good way to teach, or learn anything.

Who is the Lord Jesus Christ in your life?

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts
Hi, North, good to have you join us. I was a skeptic from a very early age. But once I repented and turned to Christ for forgiveness , I started reading the Bible (many versions but never King James) and turning to it as the final authority. It is sad to hear that you have become so disillusioned. I also hope that we can answer some of your questions.

CaringandSharing

CaringandSharing
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Welcome.

Cs

Greg Bradley

Greg Bradley
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Welcome North,

After your five posts, look for me and I'd be happy to discuss your concerns.  I was an atheist and knew nothing about God or any religion at the age of 17, then God spoke to me and put the gift of an unshakable Faith within me to know 3 things:  1)  God is real.  2) He created this universe and 3) He is the God of the Holy Bible.  I didn't know anything about Jesus or my need for salvation until 3 months later when a brother explained it to me.  I then accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  I understand where you are at with your concerns.  Look me up when you get a chance.  I believe that you are in a good place, here.

God Bless you, North.

Greg   

Preparing the Bride

Preparing the Bride
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Welcome North!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network