christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi, my name is Julia!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

JuliaRaine

JuliaRaine
  • 1 posts

Hello to everyone! :) I just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Julia, and I am joining this forum to learn more about Christianity and the different branches of Christianity! :)

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Hi Julia, welcome to worthy.

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Reading the word and learning from it, spiritual and personal growth, being myself, my family and friends, my cat Bella, working as a nurse, traveling. :)

Hello to everyone! :) I just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Julia, and I am joining this forum to learn more about Christianity and the different branches of Christianity! :)

Hi Julia :)

Welcome to worthy! :)

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

Hi Julia and welcome to Worthy.  

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:looking for treasure in the bible and being in Gods good books, guitars,staying healthy i'll give anyone a warm smile and a friendly hello

Welcome to Worthy Julia!  Enjoy Your stay!

ChristServantSean

ChristServantSean
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:The Bible, Preaching the Good News, Jesus
Praise the Lord for your willingness of growth in our creator! You will learn plenty in Jesus' name :)

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
  • Interests:History - particular, the rich history of my city.

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
I know that I speak for all, we are over joyed that you chose to be a part of God's community.

There are no branches of Christianity, just branches of Man's idea of what Christianity is, we can discuss that in the appropriate forum.

You are so welcomed here.

momthebomb

momthebomb
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Web buff. Total analyst. Award-winning student. Lifelong explorer. Coffee evangelist. Tv fan.

Julia, so good to have you! I've recieved a warm welcome, I'm confident you will too!

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,264 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ & Him Crucified!!!

Welcome :)

Greg Bradley

Greg Bradley
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Revival as God wants it.

Hello Julia,

Welcome.  I think you will find good teaching here and in this open forum chat, you will get a variety of viewpoints when a subject is speculative and you will get many affirmations about any particular teaching as being true.  An open forum chat brings us all into accountability with what we might say.

God bless you,

Greg

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

Hello Julia, and welcome to Worthy.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
Hi, Julia, you are most welcome here. But what you are really searching for is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You will find that by turning away from sinful lifestyles and bad attitudes, and asking God to forgive you, giving your life to Him. He makes you a new person and comes into your life to change you gradually to think and act more like Jesus. All of this is possible because Jesus died for your sins on the cross.

Then, after you have read the Bible or at least the New Testament, you will have a better idea what to look for in choosing a denomination..

The most important thing I look for is a church that teaches the Bible. Genuine Christians find the answers to life's questions there. The statement of beliefs held by the church should look a lot like the one held by this forum. We believe in one God in 3 persons: Father, Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit. They created everything.
There may be a great deal of diversity within a Christian denomination, with some pastors being more godly than others. The pastor should be a good example to others.
The second thing I look for is a loving, friendly church.

I hope that you focus your search on God, Himself, because only He can fill the hunger in our hearts.

I have been in 5 widely differing denominations, and have found that no church is perfect. They are all made up of imperfect people. But where God's word is being preached, most people will become more like Jesus in time. Meanwhile it is my responibility to be filled with God's forgiving love for them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network