christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trust and Seek

* * * * * 1 votes trust normalcy seeking abiding

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

whigumstyx

whigumstyx
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Studying Jesus Christ, ancient history, and all matters of science.

On the topic of trusting in God and knowing that he will be there for me, I often find myself falling down (like most of us). But I get up again and try to learn from my mistakes. However, I always have that feeling that I know that I will fall again.

I struggle with that.

How do I know that I am not falling again on purpose (sub-consciously)? I know that I don't fail/fall on purpose. I just do.

At least I'm conscious of this, better than not.

I do know that God finds use in my faults. He has certainly guided me and corrected my path.

**Link removed**

Anyone else think of this stuff on a daily (if not hourly basis)?

God Bless!

Edited by ncn, 20 August 2014 - 01:45 PM.
Please do not post blog links

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,719 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.
Welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup: 

This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom!

Welcome to Worthy Boards, introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

Once you make 5 posts you will have access to the rest of the forums and will be able to start threads on other forums within WCF on topics that interest you.

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
I used to have a fear of this. Perhaps God was trying to remove the remains of my self righteousness and to help me recognize that the only good thing in me is Jesus Christ. I was still learning to walk in the Spirit at the time. Romans 8 says there is no condemnation to those who walk after the Spirit. As I came to comprehend more of God's love for sinners and for myself, this became less and less of an issue. So long as I do not willfully sin, I live in a forgiven state and the blood of Jesus continually cleanses me from all sin. But should I knowingly sin, if I confess my sin He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse me. 1 John 1.
I am glad you have joined us at worthy, but I am not sure what to call you. Would Gum be OK?
Blessings
Willa

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings whigumstyx

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,I am sure you are anxious to get responses to your question & after 5 posts when it is placed in an appropriate forum I am sure you will get many ,as ncn said,this is only the Welcome Forum .I will look for your thread & be happy to participate,,,,,,glad you have come,look forward to discussion                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

whigumstyx

whigumstyx
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks for the responses!

whigumstyx

whigumstyx
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Question: What links are allowed? Are they allowed in the regular part of the forum?

Greg Bradley

Greg Bradley
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Revival as God wants it.

Hello and welcome "whigumstyx",

You have important concerns that nearly every Christian struggles about.  I think you'll find that once you get into a regular forum, you will receive a wealth of info.  I had the opportunity to read through one person's question and all of the replies that person received.  I was rejoicing at the amount of wisdom coming from so many different members here.  This seems to be a great site.

Agape,

Greg

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ & Him Crucified!!!

Welcome :)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Welcome to Worthy!!

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Welcome

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Welcome to worthy

whigumstyx

whigumstyx
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks for all the welcomes!

whigumstyx

whigumstyx
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I'm looking forward to getting into the regular forums. Can get into more discussions then.

Jean74

Jean74
  • Members
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Working Out, Cooking, God, Church, Movies, Music, Internet, much more than I can put on this page!

Welcome to the forums, feel free to post, don't be shy at all!

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Welcome!

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

Hello Whigumstyx, and welcome to Worthy.

I think you are referring to the following verse:

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Hebrews 10:26

This is one of the three favorite verses that those who think one can lose their salvation point too, and on the surface it looks like they are right.  But look at the whole chapter of Hebrews 10, and you will find out a different story.  If one looks at Hebrews 10:12-18, we see that Jesus death and resurrection was the last and final sacrifice that God demanded.

Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.  Hebrews 10:18  One need to remember that the Book of Hebrews was written to Messianic Jews/ Jews who where Christian trying to decide do we stay in the Law/Old Testament sacrificial system or not.  The writer of Hebrews is stating that Christ Sacrifice was the final and only sacrifice that God the Father would now accept.  So the writer goes on in to say if one goes back to animal sacrifices after accepting the Sacrifice of Jesus the True Lamb of God, one could only have fierce wrath in his/her future.  No doubt the Jews who came to Jesus where still being pressure to honor these sacrifices, but to do so would be to be choked by the thorns/cares and riches and pleasures of this life (Luke 8:7, 14).  This would be despising the Blood of the Covenant.  Of how much more severe punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the Blood of the Covenant, by which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite to the Spirit of Grace.  Hebrews 10:29  Jesus Christ is God True Hallmark Card to us, God care enough to send the Very Best.  Would not the Godhead Trinity have every right after redeeming us, to state no more, Jesus Blood, was the end to all Sacrifices, you cannot add to True Perfection.  Peter even states we are Redeem with the Precious Blood of Christ, I Peter 1:18-19.

We also know of assuredly that faith is how the just shall live, faith in the finish work of Christ, but to try to add to this True Perfection is to draw back, Hebrews 10:38.

I should also state many in OSAS camp will probably agree with this, but those who think one can lose their salvation will not agree.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,044 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

KPaulG

KPaulG

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:swimming, skiing, making new friends, playing Sudoku, socializing, Spanish, God, helping people :)

Hi Whigumstyk. Welcome!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network