christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Good Movie Regarding Christianity

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kool_kid_86

kool_kid_86
  • Nonbeliever
  • 18 posts

I am an atheist (that is sort of transitioning into Christianity) looking to gain a deeper insight in Christianity. I have been reading the bible, praying, going to church, reading articles, and essentially doing what I can to try to understand Christianity better. I am wondering if there are any great movies you might suggest that describes the life of Christ, the Bible, and perhaps the journey to accepting Christ?

To note: I am a dude that prefers his high action movies with a splash of humor (Expendables, Die Hard, Training Day...). I understand that most Christian movies are more like drama, but I'd much rather watch one that has more action and less talk if that is possible.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,616 posts
  • Interests:my interests vary from week to week, but my faith never does!

biblical movies that portray the life of Christ accurately? lol, probably not many of them to choose from. but i can recommend a movie that might appeal to you, if you can get past the 90's music in it. it's called (billy graham presents:) The Climb (i added the billy graham part because that will make it easier to find on amazon.) ok, it's a 2006 movie, but the music definitely seems more 90s. anyway, it's an excellent movie about two mountain climbers... one i quiet, laid back christian, the other an ego-maniac that doesn't want a partner. without being overly preachy, the christian guy really is a living example of "Christ". you'll have to buy the DVD because it's not available for streaming, but you can purchase a used one starting at less than $4 right now.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,616 posts

oh, and you might also look up "Saving God" with Ving Rhames.

kool_kid_86

kool_kid_86
  • Nonbeliever
  • 18 posts

Thank you for your response. Sorry, I am looking for a movie that describes the story of Life of Jesus. I found this one called 'The New Jesus Film' (2013), but was wondering if there is another one you would suggest.

**Link removed**

Edited by ncn, 22 August 2014 - 03:53 AM.
Please do not post videos out side of the video forum. All videos need approval prior to being posted on Worthy.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,616 posts

well heck.

i've watched son of God, and it was pretty good, fairly accurate (fairly being the key word), but i don't know, the second half of the movie just seemed to get a little weird to me. i think it was the music whenever Christ performed a miracle that got me. 

the passion of the Christ was very good IMO, but it's very controversial because it is so heavily laced with catholic teachings that aren't always in line with scripture... the stations of the cross thing. but to me, it was probably the best of the movies of His life.

although, there is one little obscure film on netflix that i thought was above par in terms of accuracy. the acting was a little below par. the actor who played Jesus was really... well, not sure how i would describe him. but it's worth checking out. it won't be very dramatic, no special effects, or anything of the sort. it's called "apostle peter and the last supper". essentially, it's the story of Jesus' ministry on earth, as told to a couple of prison guards by the apostle on the day before his death. http://www.netflix.c...?trkid=13573466

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,616 posts

i'll have to check out the new Jesus film you embedded. i haven't ever heard of that one.

kool_kid_86

kool_kid_86
  • Nonbeliever
  • 18 posts

Thank you for the suggestions. I shall check them out :)\

@goldust59 - For some reason I cannot reply to this post, but thank you for suggesting the movie 'God is Not Dead'. I was actually planning to watch it this weekend and it looks really good already!

Edited by kool_kid_86, 22 August 2014 - 09:39 AM.

goldust59

goldust59

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Interests:to grow up into Him in all things...Ephesians 4:15

Hi kool kid 86,  I really like a lot of movies that PureFlix have made.Their latest was God is Not Dead, that just came out, though it wasn't an "action" movie). You can see trailers for all their movies on their website. Bring up their movies page and click on the movie to see the trailer.  Maybe you will find what you are looking for there.  I really liked the Revelation Road(1&2) movies and own several of their others. 

Blessings, Deb

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

Hello Kool_kid, and welcome to Worthy.  It is not a movie about the life of Christ, but the movie Courageous, is about men in a local police department who know Christ as Savior and lead others to Christ, has some good humor and a bit of action, plus as my username suggest am a big fan of 19 Kids and Counting and many of the Duggars have small parts in this movie.

Another older film called the Cross and the Switchblade, which is a true story, deals with a preacher going to a street gang, and leading some gang members to Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network