christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So would you parachute from an airplane?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

Watching my favorite show on TV, this morning 19 Kids and Counting, and they are doing a recap of some of the crazy things the family has done.   In one of the earlier episodes Jim Bob talks some of his kids Joshua, Jana, John David (three olderst) and their cousin Amy along with some of the Bates family into jumping out of a plane.

So my question as i am interested in knowing, would you parachute out of a plane?  My answer NEVER!  I figure if God wants me to fly He should have given me wings, as in when Jesus Comes again, I hope i am sleeping thru the rapture, as I really hate heights.

So would you parachute out of an airplane?

LanceA

LanceA
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Watching my favorite show on TV, this morning 19 Kids and Counting, and they are doing a recap of some of the crazy things the family has done.   In one of the earlier episodes Jim Bob talks some of his kids Joshua, Jana, John David (three olderst) and their cousin Amy along with some of the Bates family into jumping out of a plane.

So my question as i am interested in knowing, would you parachute out of a plane?  My answer NEVER!  I figure if God wants me to fly He should have given me wings, as in when Jesus Comes again, I hope i am sleeping thru the rapture, as I really hate heights.

I guess my answer is yes since I was Airborne in military. Think I had over 50 jumps before I got out

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

That is awesome, Lance so where you nervous on your 1st Jump, or not?  When it comes to heights you are braver than me.

Also thank you greatly for your service to our Country,

LanceA

LanceA
  • Members
  • 19 posts

That is awesome, Lance so where you nervous on your 1st Jump, or not?  When it comes to heights you are braver than me.

Also thank you greatly for your service to our Country,

I really didn't have time to be scared. It all goes pretty quick.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,908 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

when I was younger yes......   at 67 I don't think so unless something was wrong with the plane.

They didn't have the glider shape when I was in my teens and 20's so it would have been a lot more dangerous.

I was going to join a jump club when I was 18, but the weekend before out first jump, one of our on air people at the

'tv station I worked at broke his back landing hard and was off work for some time.   The station owner told us that we could not do that and work for him.....    so I never jumped.  I did want to, but that was a really good job and I didn't want to loose it.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Interests:Hunt, Fish, shoot pool, snooker read kjv read Worthy

I am an old telephone man and when pulling phone cable through attic's or even under a building it would always get hungup on something and we would have to find and untangle it before pulling any further; we had a saying in that line of work.

If I ever jump out of plane I want a piece of phone cable with me cause it will hangup on something before I hit the ground.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

Would I jump out of a plane?  Maybe...... if someone held a gun to my head.  :lightbulb2: 

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

I guess my answer is yes since I was Airborne in military. Think I had over 50 jumps before I got out

You have more courage then I do,  thank you too for your service to our country but in answer to your question....immmm  NO.  But again thank you for all you did..

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,152 posts
  • Interests:Growing in the knowledge of and having a relationship with Jesus the Christ; Football.

I did it when I was in the Army. I'm too old now, though.

another_poster

another_poster

• PipPip
  • 179 posts

No I wouldn't. However that is because I have no interest in doing so. I would like to go scuba diving although due to various reasons I don't see that ever happening. I also would prefer a nice bushwalk.

Earnest

Earnest
  • Members
  • 10 posts
I jumped out of a helicopter twice many years ago. I wanted to see if I would enjoy that sport. I was terrified both times but I wanted to face my fear.

I had to choose to make the jumping movement that sent me on my way down 3000 feet with nothing between me and the ground but my shoe leather. It was terrifying but I am glad I did it.

It reminded me of the first time I jumped off the high dive; either I jumped or I let my fear take control of my actions and life. I am glad I jumped then too.

Edited by Earnest, 01 October 2014 - 10:31 AM.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,914 posts

I wouldnt. Because I know I would die if I did so. Of a heart attack. And because it would require me to get on a plane. Which isnt happening either.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.
Ya I probably would

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Discipling, Eschatology, Eternal Purposes.

I have flown small aircraft & gliders but jumping out of them, well.......no. It looks great though.

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,886 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, hunting, fishing, Boston Terriers
I am terrified of heights, so naturally I WANT TO!

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,886 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, hunting, fishing, Boston Terriers
I am terrified of heights, so naturally I WANT TO!

darkest_red

darkest_red

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Interests:Music, gigs, movies, writing, dancing...usual kinda thing!

I would LOVE to do a parachute jump!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,005 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Just give me the chance.................

I've heard that it's fantastic!

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:God, The Bible, Philosophy, Photography, and helping others when I can.

When I was young me and a cousin used to do very dangerous scuba diving. One weekend he said he wanted us to go sky diving. I promptly said NO. I said it's bad enough we risk being shark food, I wasn't going to risk going splat.

I'd only do that if staying in the plane meant I'd surely die.

Babbler

Babbler

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Did it several times. Had to fly in one of those small planes. I was not scared of jumping but of flying in the plane. Once I got out of the plane and hanging from the strut, it was then that I was able to relax. My son is a pilot and has taken my wife(Mom) up several times but I stay on the ground.  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network