christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Militant atheists

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

Proving, once again, how threatening the Word is to those who serve the other guy. If they truly didn't believe in God (remember, even the demons tremble at His name) they wouldn't even notice believers' prayers......

http://www.examiner....r-students-pray

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Proving, once again, how threatening the Word is to those who serve the other guy. If they truly didn't believe in God (remember, even the demons tremble at His name) they wouldn't even notice believers' prayers......

I'm glad you've posted this MG, because let's not forget that there are many types of Atheists. Let's not also forget that semantics are involved. and there are many definitions of what the word 'atheist' means.

There are people who just don't believe in God for whatever reason. They've never seen him or they don't trust him and they believe that if he exists they wouldn't  like him. Maybe they had bad experiences of 'religion' when they were younger. In their case, it's just mistaken identity. Jesus will find them when he is ready (or so I hope and believe). They call themselves atheists, but they are really just agnostics. Maybe they are just the lost sheep waiting to be collected.

Then there are the 'militant Atheists' who reject him deliberately. They don't want him, they hate the fact that he could exist and they would rather be their own gods or serve a false god.

Militant Atheists hate religion and they especially hate Christianity.They deliberately express their anger against something that they claim not to believe in. Where is the logic in that? I don't believe in the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' but I don't go out of my way to angrily and maliciously demonstrate against him.

These people hate something that could take away their power (even though they have none but just think that they do).They deny their own creator or try to imagine a creator that fulfills their own view of things because they don't want to live by the true creator's rules. They are the rebels who have sided with Satan even if they don't know it.

I don't have a problem with Atheists in general. Many will find God one day, but the militant Atheists deliberately and maliciously fight against the truth, and one day they will despise us for what we are and they will unscrupulously wage a vicious war against us!

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

I'm glad you've posted this MG, because let's not forget that there are many types of Atheists. Let's not also forget that semantics are involved. and there are many definitions of what the word 'atheist' means.

There are people who just don't believe in God for whatever reason. They've never seen him or they don't trust him and they believe that if he exists they wouldn't  like him. Maybe they had bad experiences of 'religion' when they were younger. In their case, it's just mistaken identity. Jesus will find them when he is ready (or so I hope and believe). They call themselves atheists, but they are really just agnostics. Maybe they are just the lost sheep waiting to be collected.

Then there are the 'militant Atheists' who reject him deliberately. They don't want him, they hate the fact that he could exist and they would rather be their own gods or serve a false god.

Militant Atheists hate religion and they especially hate Christianity.They deliberately express their anger against something that they claim not to believe in. Where is the logic in that? I don't believe in the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' but I don't go out of my way to angrily and maliciously demonstrate against him.

These people hate something that could take away their power (even though they have none but just think that they do).They deny their own creator or try to imagine a creator that fulfills their own view of things because they don't want to live by the true creator's rules. They are the rebels who have sided with Satan even if they don't know it.

I don't have a problem with Atheists in general. Many will find God one day, but the militant Atheists deliberately and maliciously fight against the truth, and one day they will despise us for what we are and they will unscrupulously wage a vicious war against us!

Agreed.  There ARE different kinds of atheists.  And I often point out that it's illogical to fight against something you claim is nonexistent.  The militant atheists KNOW there is a God and they fight against Him just as their master does.

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Militant atheists annoy me to no end. While I have friends who are atheists, I wouldn't want to be around one that's militant. They just do not seem to get that there are people like us who follow Jesus still here.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,734 posts

Militant atheists annoy me to no end. While I have friends who are atheists, I wouldn't want to be around one that's militant. They just do not seem to get that there are people like us who follow Jesus still here.

But you do not believe in the bible right?

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

But you do not believe in the bible right?

Believing in the Bible does not determine if one is a Christian. Believing in Christ is. Why do you ignore my comment, and take something else that I said elsewhere here, and add that to the discussion?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,903 posts

A true Atheist will not care if prayers are done any more then they would care if a child believed in the tooth fairy.  I believe those who take side against prayer are satanist masquerading as atheist.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

I think its time for more christian militias. 

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,903 posts

I am sure you will see that come to pass.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,550 posts

Does

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

God Lie?

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

~

Believing in the Bible does not determine if one is a Christian.

Believing in Christ is.

Why do you ignore my comment,

and take something else that I said elsewhere here,

and add that to the discussion?

:thumbsup:

Because

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

He

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

Loves

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

You

And this is the record,

that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;

that ye may know that ye have eternal life,

and that ye may believe on the

name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:11-13

See?

And if any man hear my words, and believe not,

I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him:

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:47-48

~

Rotten

Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.'" Matthew 15:9 (NLT)

Bread

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NLT)

Yes?

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"? Isaiah 29:16 (NLT)

Trinitron

Trinitron

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Militant atheists seem to me those who believe what they do so strongly that they feel that everyone should believe how they do to the point that it would be an injustice to their fellow man not to attempt to convert them to save them from their current life.  They are atheist missionaries. 

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

"Militant Atheists hate religion and they especially hate Christianity. They deliberately express their anger against something that they claim not to believe in ...

... and get very angry when others do, as if that was any of their business. IMO, an atheist is someone who is overly concerned that somewhere someone is praying.

The only group I know that hates Christians as much as atheists are Muslims; the latter uses the sword to wipe us from the face of the Earth and the former the law to remove us from the public sphere.

And we are caught between them both.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

"Militant Atheists hate religion and they especially hate Christianity. They deliberately express their anger against something that they claim not to believe in ...

... and get very angry when others do, as if that was any of their business. IMO, an atheist is someone who is overly concerned that somewhere someone is praying.

The only group I know that hates Christians as much as atheists are Muslims; the latter uses the sword to wipe us from the face of the Earth and the former the law to remove us from the public sphere.

And we are caught between them both.

Caught between two religions. One worships the god of nothingness and the other worships the god of war. One day they'll meet and fight each other's gods. My bet is on the god of war!

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

A true Atheist will not care if prayers are done any more then they would care if a child believed in the tooth fairy.  I believe those who take side against prayer are satanist masquerading as atheist.

Yes, exactly.  :lightbulb2:

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Case in point, Sam Harris, a very militant atheist, reserves his ire for Muslims. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Case in point, Sam Harris, a very militant atheist, reserves his ire for Muslims. 

Which is astonishing..... Satan fighting Satan?

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

Kinda boggles the mind, doesn't it?  :lightbulb2:

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Sort of, but not so much when you think about lucy's goal, which is to get folks in hell. Steal, kill and destroy. Kinda makes me feel bad for them as they have no clue what kind of seeds they are sowing.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Sort of, but not so much when you think about lucy's goal, which is to get folks in hell. Steal, kill and destroy. Kinda makes me feel bad for them as they have no clue what kind of seeds they are sowing.

Lucy? I've never heard that before.

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Lucy? I've never heard that before.

yeah, lucy, lucifer.  theres a lot of things i call the enemy thats not extremely popular.  its not an affectionate nickname.  sometimes i call him slewfoot too.  not many people know that one either.  it refers to tales of a two legged creature that leaves footprints that are hooved.  i might not be spelling it right. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network