christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prayer for my Girlfriend and I

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

eafy

eafy
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone. I'd like to request prayer on a few things.

I believe I've committed a great sin, and I'd like you to pray for me, The Bible says that "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it." I am not completely sure what the sin that is unto death is, but I think I have a pretty good idea, and I am very afraid that I may have committed it. However, I hope this to not be the case, and I ask that you would pray for me.

The second thing I'd like to ask prayer for is primarily for my girlfriend. She is an unbeliever, but I would very much like for her to be saved. The Bible says that Christians should not be yoked with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14), and so I know that if she does not believe, there is no future for us. And yet, I love her dearly, and I know that she will be crushed if I leave her, and so I do not know what to do: whether I should wait or whether I should leave immediately. I think that soon we may discuss this, and I ask that you would pray that she would be saved, and also that I would know what to say if the time comes, and that I would do the right thing, yet not be heartless.

I thank you in advance, and I hope that this post is approved in time.

Glory to God, as always. His will be done.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

Hello everyone. I'd like to request prayer on a few things.

I believe I've committed a great sin, and I'd like you to pray for me, The Bible says that "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it." I am not completely sure what the sin that is unto death is, but I think I have a pretty good idea, and I am very afraid that I may have committed it. However, I hope this to not be the case, and I ask that you would pray for me.

The second thing I'd like to ask prayer for is primarily for my girlfriend. She is an unbeliever, but I would very much like for her to be saved. The Bible says that Christians should not be yoked with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14), and so I know that if she does not believe, there is no future for us. And yet, I love her dearly, and I know that she will be crushed if I leave her, and so I do not know what to do: whether I should wait or whether I should leave immediately. I think that soon we may discuss this, and I ask that you would pray that she would be saved, and also that I would know what to say if the time comes, and that I would do the right thing, yet not be heartless.

I thank you in advance, and I hope that this post is approved in time.

Glory to God, as always. His will be done.

You say that soon you may discuss it, but have you told her about your concerns up to now.. Have you asked her if you can pray together?

And to answer your first question. As a believer, with the Holy Spirit abiding in you, you cannot commit the unpardonable sin, so relax.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,662 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,243 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ & Him Crucified!!!

Welcome :)

Praying

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • Interests:History - particular, the rich history of my city.

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

And to answer your first question. As a believer, with the Holy Spirit abiding in you, you cannot commit the unpardonable sin, so relax.

Big amen, that's good.

In my opinion, the unpardonable sin is simply this - Dying in your sins, never believing on Jesus.

Macs Son

Macs Son

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord, for He is most worthy to be served with all our hearts; and to keep learning as His Holy Spirit continues to teach, encourage, correct, as well as guide me by His Great Love. Knowing God to the full and being known by Him as His child is my soul. I want to worship God with all abilities He has graced me with; in song, in my work, in my living out this life that He gave me. Last of all, but not certainly not least, I am interested in learning to pray and love in the purity of Christ who transforms the mind and heart.

Big amen, that's good.

In my opinion, the unpardonable sin is simply this - Dying in your sins, never believing on Jesus.

Hi Fez
I'm not sure that is true according to the Word of God.

Matthew 12:31
“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
Jesus in the Gospel of Mark explains this a little better. They had accused Jesus of having a demon spirit when He had the Holy Spirit to the full as they witnessed the good works of the Spirit of God moving among them. Therefore they blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I believe that is the unpardonable sin that both Jesus and John mention. Assuredly I can pray for you if you have not committed this act as all other sins are pardonable. Do not despair for it is doubtful you did this.

Mark 3:28-30
"Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation", because they said, "He has an unclean spirit."

In Christ, Pat

sling15

sling15
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Macs i disagree with you??? What does it mean to blaspheme the Spirit and if it really were unpardonable then everyone who goes up to the altar to recevie Christ, we should ask them the question 'have you ever blasphemed the Spirit because if you did then I am sorry but you cannot be saved now so go home and prepare to burn in hell for the rest of your life....'

eafy

eafy
  • 2 posts

You say that soon you may discuss it, but have you told her about your concerns up to now.. Have you asked her if you can pray together?

I'm afraid I haven't done very well in this area; I guess that's part of what makes changing things so hard. In the past, if she, or we, would do something I believed to be wrong, I usually just went along with it.

The reason that this came about was because we've been having more intimate physical contact than I believe is right for unmarried people to have, and I eventually broached this subject with her, which has led to more general talking about each of our beliefs (or lack thereof, on her part, I suppose).

I haven't asked her if we can pray together, and I'm not sure that it would really be the right choice, although now that you've brought the idea up, I've been considering it. If she doesn't believe, I don't know if trying to get her to let me pray for her in person is going to be any more beneficial than my praying for her from afar, although I suppose it could be.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and discussion.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
You can pray with her that the relationship will become more pleasing to God and that He forgive you. Ask her if she would like to attend church with you. If she says no, it is the time to break things off.
We have a youth pastor who refused to even kiss but would only hold hands with his fiance. They always dated with a group of Christians.
Our son prayed that he could just be good friends with a woman for about a year before marriage. He discovered that he already had a good friend. They worked together and were on the worship team together for several years as well as Bible school and young adults group. He had never considered dating her. They have been married for 20 years. Our other son included a girl in group activites like boating just as a friend and finally started taking her to church. After church one time she started crying, saying she didn't know how God could forgive her. He led her to the Lord. They also have been married for 20 years.

Praying that God's will be done in both of your lives.
Blessings,
Willa

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

Hello Eafy, and welcome to Worthy. 

The sin you have committed is no doubt, not good in the eyes of the Father, but it is far from the unforgiveable sin.  Under the Old Covenant/Testament, David, not only was intimate with another man's wife, but he also had that man killed.  Yet he later repented of the sins, and God forgave him.  Along as you are truly heartbroken over the matter and repent of it, God will forgive you, in Jesus' Name.

After knowing Bathsheba, Uriah's wife, David as King order Joab, to have Uriah killed.  Later Nathan the Prophet, asked David for council in a certain manner, and when David announce that the man who did this should died, Nathan pronounced that David was the man, read II Samuel 11-12; King David immediately repented, and seeked God face.  Psalms 51 is a pray of repentance that David made during this time.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalms 51:17

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network