Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worst household chore

149 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi I was just wondering what household chore you dislike the most.

Mine is cleaning the bathroom/toilet.

Many years ago at my first church, the pastor said there would be toilets to clean in heaven.

When I asked him why, he referred to Jesus eating fish while in his resurrected body and someone having to clean up after all that eating and the subsequent waste disposal.

I never quite worked out whether he was serious or not, but as there will be no more crying, tears or sorrow in heaven, then I assume if there are toilets in heaven then that little job won't be given to me ;-)

Humm just a thought but I hope there are no Andrex puppies to clean up after either! Only kidding.

So what chore do you dislike the most.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't mind any of it - but when you get it looking half-way how you  want; clean, tidy, not too cluttered -  and then it all gets sabotaged... that is very wearing on the house-wifely heart. It's like birds building nests innit - that twig goes THERE, and that one tucks under THERE, and then she settles down to  look after her brood all snug and contented... well MY twigs never  get to go where I want them... very frustrating!

Edited by pawz

Posted · Report post

I enjoy household chores and so does my domestic servant , it keeps her in a job and busy.   :whistling:

After all, "A women's work is never done" ( Rightfully so) 

:24:

PS. I refuse to use the term ,"Charlady", it is not pc.   :26:

Posted · Report post

sir you are a chauvinist!!

Posted · Report post

not to mention 'mischievous'...

Posted · Report post

One is amused.   :24:

Posted · Report post

Yes but it's funny!

Pawz know just wot u mean. I just wish I had a Mary poppins thumb click, to make everything return to its place.

Ncn awww - I bet your really a house husband in disguise.

Posted · Report post

Dishes. I've done them once since I got married. Which is one more time then I told my wife I would before we got married lol

Posted · Report post

i have no favorite chores. but when my older grandsons (ages 8, 6 and 6) are here, they have chores... daily chores, including the toilet and the bathroom sink. right now my 3 year old grandson is staying for a month... he's mostly but not completely potty trained... and i'm teaching him that when he pees, he has to get toilet paper and wipe down the rim of the toilet (and anywhere else he might have sprayed) and put the seat back down. 

never too young to train a little man how to keep a woman happy, right? :)

i just had my first granddaughter. i don't think i'll bother teaching her to clean toilets. men make the messes, they should be the ones to clean it!

Posted · Report post

I just had my first granddaughter. I don't think I'll bother teaching her to clean toilets. men make the messes, they should be the ones to clean it!

:o and double  :o

Slander I tell you. 

Tis a cruel world that we live in. 

Posted · Report post

I can confirm that LadyC. For a fairly brief time I was one of those 'wot does' offices,  and  I had charge of three floors and the loos for both genders ( they had usually gone home by the time I got around to that bit mind, but we did have a couple of 'oops' moments), I always found the ladies loos to be very clean and tidy, but the little boys rooms - ugh!!

Posted · Report post

ncn, you aint gonna win this one bruvver  :biggrin2:  

Posted · Report post

Know wot in the office building where I work, there is always toilet paper on the floor outside the men's toilet door in the corridor.

The mind boggles!

How does it get there? !

Posted · Report post

ncn, slander? HAHAHAHAHAHA sue me! 

seriously, it is true, and i think every little boy should be required to clean the toilet every time they use it... from age 3 to 93!

but in truth, i really do hate chores. ALL chores. i would probably not mind cooking if it didn't mean having to clean the kitchen afterwards. but then again, i don't really enjoy cooking even if someone else does the cleaning... the cleaning is the worst part. i hate sweeping. i hate mopping. i hate washing dishes. i hate washing laundry. i REALLY hate putting laundry away. i hate scooping the cat boxes. i hate mowing the lawn... and that's the biggest chore of all because our mower is not self propelled, and our yard is 70 x 200 feet... i used to think my yard was flat until i had to mow it. suddenly i discovered it is actually sloped.

another detestable chore is changing the sheets. ugh. what a pain in the patootie. 

the sad part is, i'm a stay at home wife/daughter/grandma. (my 88 year old grandmother lives here so i can look after her, and i frequently have one or more grandkids stay.) so living in squalor is not an option. somebody has to do the housework... mark works, mom's too old, and gabriel's too young. that leaves just me. and for every chore that might have a shortcut, i've probably discovered it. and if i haven't, i hope someone will teach me!

that's what we need... a domestic shortcuts thread!

Posted · Report post

Know wot in the office building where I work, there is always toilet paper on the floor outside the men's toilet door in the corridor.

The mind boggles!

How does it get there? !

There is a simple answer .

It is strategically placed.  :26:

If said toilet paper is not removed,  how would men know that the cleaning lady had done her job? 

Posted · Report post

LOL, what a sense of humor you have!

Posted · Report post

Dishes. I've done them once since I got married. Which is one more time then I told my wife I would before we got married lol[/quote

No way, tell you what, surprise her. Wait until there's a whole heap of dishes and get stuck in.

Although maybe not, she might faint!

Posted · Report post

Hi I was just wondering what household chore you dislike the most.

Mine is cleaning the bathroom/toilet.

Many years ago at my first church, the pastor said there would be toilets to clean in heaven.

When I asked him why, he referred to Jesus eating fish while in his resurrected body and someone having to clean up after all that eating and the subsequent waste disposal.

I never quite worked out whether he was serious or not, but as there will be no more crying, tears or sorrow in heaven, then I assume if there are toilets in heaven then that little job won't be given to me ;-)

Humm just a thought but I hope there are no Andrex puppies to clean up after either! Only kidding.

So what chore do you dislike the most.

cleaning out the cat's liter box.....  makes me sick every time.

Posted · Report post

Sweeping is tiresome. Cleaning the toilet is terrible.

I don't mind dishes.

On the rare occasion I've ironed, I've quite enjoyed it.

I hate vacuum-cleaning and I hate the sound of anybody else doing it. In fact vacuum-cleaners disturb sleep, disturb TV and disturb anybody else in the house.

Posted · Report post

you can come iron over here if you want oak. i hated that chore so much that i threw away my iron. i do have one of those multipurpose shark steam thingies though, and one of the attachments is for steaming clothes. that's still not my favorite thing (and the sound of the steam is pretty noisy) but i'd much rather use it on a hanging piece of clothing than to iron. and once in a while, i do.

Posted · Report post

you can come iron over here if you want oak. i hated that chore so much that i threw away my iron. i do have one of those multipurpose shark steam thingies though, and one of the attachments is for steaming clothes. that's still not my favorite thing (and the sound of the steam is pretty noisy) but i'd much rather use it on a hanging piece of clothing than to iron. and once in a while, i do.

Okay but you come over here and vacuum for me. Just make sure that I'm not there when you're doing it. I hate the sound of those nasty terriers.

PF-henry_1418152c.jpg

Evil, noisy thing with teeth!!

Posted · Report post

I have decided not to sue but rather give you a gift, because I'm that sort of chap. 

old_fashioned_washboard.jpg

Posted · Report post

so here's my chores for today... all of which i've hated or am dreading.

i chopped veggies and mixed up three 1 lb meatloaves to freeze, so that on one of my "i don't want to cook" days i can take one out and throw it in the oven.

i parboiled six bell peppers, cooked rice and 3 more lbs of ground beef, mixed it all up with more chopped veggies, and discovered i don't have enough tomato sauce to finish making my stuffed peppers. SOOOOO.... i have to go to the store to buy more sauce, stuff the peppers, bake four of them and freeze the other two . oh, and i have to freeze the rest of the meat/rice stuff because there's enough for tons more peppers that i don't have on hand. (wonder how it would taste in jalapenos?)

before i go to the store, i have to take everything out of my pantry and re-organize it. once upon a time (a few months ago) i had some compulsive need to organize it, and it was perfect. i could find everything. and then my entire family descended on my house for a week in july.... ten of us here full time and two more who buy way more food than they need and stuff it in wherever they can find a space... i can no longer find a darn thing in there. so as much as i'm dreading it, i can't stand it anymore. it has to be done. today.

the kitchen floor is now gross to walk barefoot on after chopping so many veggies, but i ain't sweeping. nor am i going to vacuum.  cooking and organizing with a three year old underfoot is more than enough.

and i thank the good Lord for giving me a wonderful mother who, at the ripe old age of 88, is in there washing up the dishes for me right now.

Posted · Report post

I have decided not to sue but rather give you a gift, because I'm that sort of chap. 

old_fashioned_washboard.jpg

oh thanks! a new antique decoration! ;)

Posted · Report post

I get around the ironing problem by just not having anything that needs to be ironed!  Well, that's not entirely true, I have a few skirts and tops that need ironing but nothing that I wear regularly...and when I do wear them, I don't have an iron or iron board so, what a shame, I just have to get someone else to do it!

Personally, I hate tidying but mainly because I have spiders and bugs and I'm always paranoid that every time I do I'll come face to face with them.  More than once I have been stopped in the middle of a cleaning spree by a spider.  I also hate washing up (though living alone means there isn't much to do so I should really just get on with it) and emptying the bin.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0