christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Worst household chore

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

blue gem

blue gem

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Music, play saxophone, making jewellery, art/craft generally
Hi I was just wondering what household chore you dislike the most.

Mine is cleaning the bathroom/toilet.

Many years ago at my first church, the pastor said there would be toilets to clean in heaven.
When I asked him why, he referred to Jesus eating fish while in his resurrected body and someone having to clean up after all that eating and the subsequent waste disposal.

I never quite worked out whether he was serious or not, but as there will be no more crying, tears or sorrow in heaven, then I assume if there are toilets in heaven then that little job won't be given to me ;-)

Humm just a thought but I hope there are no Andrex puppies to clean up after either! Only kidding.

So what chore do you dislike the most.

pawz

pawz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

I don't mind any of it - but when you get it looking half-way how you  want; clean, tidy, not too cluttered -  and then it all gets sabotaged... that is very wearing on the house-wifely heart. It's like birds building nests innit - that twig goes THERE, and that one tucks under THERE, and then she settles down to  look after her brood all snug and contented... well MY twigs never  get to go where I want them... very frustrating!

Edited by pawz, 31 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

I enjoy household chores and so does my domestic servant , it keeps her in a job and busy.   :whistling:

After all, "A women's work is never done" ( Rightfully so) 

:24:

PS. I refuse to use the term ,"Charlady", it is not pc.   :26:

pawz

pawz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

sir you are a chauvinist!!

pawz

pawz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

not to mention 'mischievous'...

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
    Languages.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

One is amused.   :24:

blue gem

blue gem

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
Yes but it's funny!

Pawz know just wot u mean. I just wish I had a Mary poppins thumb click, to make everything return to its place.

Ncn awww - I bet your really a house husband in disguise.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.
Dishes. I've done them once since I got married. Which is one more time then I told my wife I would before we got married lol

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,973 posts
  • Interests:my interests vary from week to week, but my faith never does!

i have no favorite chores. but when my older grandsons (ages 8, 6 and 6) are here, they have chores... daily chores, including the toilet and the bathroom sink. right now my 3 year old grandson is staying for a month... he's mostly but not completely potty trained... and i'm teaching him that when he pees, he has to get toilet paper and wipe down the rim of the toilet (and anywhere else he might have sprayed) and put the seat back down. 

never too young to train a little man how to keep a woman happy, right? :)

i just had my first granddaughter. i don't think i'll bother teaching her to clean toilets. men make the messes, they should be the ones to clean it!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
    Languages.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

I just had my first granddaughter. I don't think I'll bother teaching her to clean toilets. men make the messes, they should be the ones to clean it!

:o and double  :o

Slander I tell you. 

Tis a cruel world that we live in. 

pawz

pawz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I can confirm that LadyC. For a fairly brief time I was one of those 'wot does' offices,  and  I had charge of three floors and the loos for both genders ( they had usually gone home by the time I got around to that bit mind, but we did have a couple of 'oops' moments), I always found the ladies loos to be very clean and tidy, but the little boys rooms - ugh!!

pawz

pawz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

ncn, you aint gonna win this one bruvver  :biggrin2:  

blue gem

blue gem

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
Know wot in the office building where I work, there is always toilet paper on the floor outside the men's toilet door in the corridor.
The mind boggles!

How does it get there? !

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,973 posts

ncn, slander? HAHAHAHAHAHA sue me! 

seriously, it is true, and i think every little boy should be required to clean the toilet every time they use it... from age 3 to 93!

but in truth, i really do hate chores. ALL chores. i would probably not mind cooking if it didn't mean having to clean the kitchen afterwards. but then again, i don't really enjoy cooking even if someone else does the cleaning... the cleaning is the worst part. i hate sweeping. i hate mopping. i hate washing dishes. i hate washing laundry. i REALLY hate putting laundry away. i hate scooping the cat boxes. i hate mowing the lawn... and that's the biggest chore of all because our mower is not self propelled, and our yard is 70 x 200 feet... i used to think my yard was flat until i had to mow it. suddenly i discovered it is actually sloped.

another detestable chore is changing the sheets. ugh. what a pain in the patootie. 

the sad part is, i'm a stay at home wife/daughter/grandma. (my 88 year old grandmother lives here so i can look after her, and i frequently have one or more grandkids stay.) so living in squalor is not an option. somebody has to do the housework... mark works, mom's too old, and gabriel's too young. that leaves just me. and for every chore that might have a shortcut, i've probably discovered it. and if i haven't, i hope someone will teach me!

that's what we need... a domestic shortcuts thread!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,299 posts
    Languages.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Know wot in the office building where I work, there is always toilet paper on the floor outside the men's toilet door in the corridor.
The mind boggles!

How does it get there? !

There is a simple answer .

It is strategically placed.  :26:

If said toilet paper is not removed,  how would men know that the cleaning lady had done her job? 

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,973 posts

LOL, what a sense of humor you have!

blue gem

blue gem

• PipPip
  • 120 posts
[quote name="the_patriot2014" post="2144031" timestamp="1409503829"]Dishes. I've done them once since I got married. Which is one more time then I told my wife I would before we got married lol[/quote

No way, tell you what, surprise her. Wait until there's a whole heap of dishes and get stuck in.

Although maybe not, she might faint!

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,012 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Hi I was just wondering what household chore you dislike the most.

Mine is cleaning the bathroom/toilet.

Many years ago at my first church, the pastor said there would be toilets to clean in heaven.
When I asked him why, he referred to Jesus eating fish while in his resurrected body and someone having to clean up after all that eating and the subsequent waste disposal.

I never quite worked out whether he was serious or not, but as there will be no more crying, tears or sorrow in heaven, then I assume if there are toilets in heaven then that little job won't be given to me ;-)

Humm just a thought but I hope there are no Andrex puppies to clean up after either! Only kidding.

So what chore do you dislike the most.

cleaning out the cat's liter box.....  makes me sick every time.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,078 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Sweeping is tiresome. Cleaning the toilet is terrible.

I don't mind dishes.

On the rare occasion I've ironed, I've quite enjoyed it.

I hate vacuum-cleaning and I hate the sound of anybody else doing it. In fact vacuum-cleaners disturb sleep, disturb TV and disturb anybody else in the house.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,973 posts

you can come iron over here if you want oak. i hated that chore so much that i threw away my iron. i do have one of those multipurpose shark steam thingies though, and one of the attachments is for steaming clothes. that's still not my favorite thing (and the sound of the steam is pretty noisy) but i'd much rather use it on a hanging piece of clothing than to iron. and once in a while, i do.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network