christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How much do you love Jesus?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?
We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

How much do we really Trust Him??

Angels

tsth

tsth

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts
You're right angels, we don't ever hear sermons about this topic. I guess it's too basic? :34: Not flashy enough for the pulpit?

It's a good question.

:ph34r:

In His Love,
Suzanne

JohnS

JohnS

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
I love when Paul breaks out in prayers of worship for Jesus in his letters. It happens several times and one of my favorites is in Ephesians 3.

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

To know Him is to love Him. To know Him more is to love Him more. How much do I love Jesus? Not nearly enough.

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Guest_HisPassion_*

Guest_HisPassion_*
  • Guests

To know Him is to love Him. To know Him more is to love Him more.

Yes, the more I KNOW Him, the more I have to love Him. And the more I know Him the more of Himself He reveals to me and demonstrate His love for me.

I agree that I don't love Him nearly enough. But I am ever striving to tell Him and show Him that I do love Him.

Gerioke

Gerioke

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts
I struggle with this question myself.
I know I love my wife and kids because I can hug them and stuff but I am not sure how to demonstrate love for Jesus. It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

JohnS

JohnS

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
The whole of Christ's dealings with the children of men was throughout a giving and a taking, a wondrous exchange, such as it could only have entered into the heart of God to conceive. He everywhere taking from us whatever was poorest, meanest, saddest, most painful, most ignominious, and giving to us what was highest, noblest, choicest, best and most glorious; taking earth and giving heaven, taking our poverty and giving to us His riches. But this is not all; taking our shame and giving to us His glory, taking our cross and giving to us His crown, taking our sin and giving to us His righteousness, taking our curse and giving to us His blessing, taking our death and giving to us His life.

Gerioke...only think on these things.

Father in heaven, wean us from the things of the world, gently, in Your mercy until all we see is Your precious Son!

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
I just wrote a long letter and the computer froze :rofl:

John, you said it right :we do have to wean ourself from this world.
But can we?

Can I ever love Jesus with the same love He loves me?
Can I leave everything behind and lose all my possesions?
Would my love be strong enough?

How about all the Christians who are persecuted for their believe in Jesus.
Would we stand strong?

Jesus love for us is deeper then the deepest sea.

I love Jesus, but how much do I love Him??????
Self tries to take a good part , do I surrender all the time?
Do you?

I believe the Holy Spirit will help me to be strong in my faith.

I stand on the love Jesus has for me , but do I give Him all of me?

Do you??

Would we be able to express in words and actions how much we love Jesus?

Kitten

Kitten

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
I love Jesus way more than I love myself.

jc49

jc49

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

I think its important to ask that question to ourself  because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

Angels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love..........a very used or sometimes abused word.....The Love of Jesus is beyond our finite understanding...yes the love of God for me,you,the lost humanity...wow...
we say I love you,we sing about it.....we write about it...love,lovely,loveable,lovong,beloved ,....but we tend to love someone or something that we like,that satisfies us,our love is not unconditional,actually really is conditional and conditioned.....His love for us is unconditional....I mean can you love a criminal that slaughtered millions of people like Hitler did? if you say yes I don't believe you.....but Hitler was included in the lost humanity for which Jesus died..on that horrible cross.....wow..it blows me...
Yes,I love Jesus cause He loved me first..but do I love Him enough? like He loved me and loves me?
I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....it is tough Angels....tough stuff....well,you know what? I leave to Him to judge if I love Him truly and I know that if I am lacking ( for sure I am,I know) He will help me,while we wlk together hand in hand ,His hand holding mine,He will increase my love for Him,
so I trust :blink:

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....

I can tell JC that you know what I mean of the dept of the love for Jesus I'm talking about and I agree with you that our love is too conditional.
We just can't love Him like He loves us.

I don't mean to be judgemental about it but its just interesting to ask ourself that question. :sleep2:

Angels

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,108 posts

I know I love my wife and kids because I can hug them and stuff but I am not sure how to demonstrate love for Jesus.  It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matt 25:31-26:1

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." 

NASB

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
Other One: how do you practish your love for Jesus in your everyday life....how much do you love Him?
So often we don't realize how big Jesus loves is for us........its so deep and hard to understand the debt of it.

How often do you do your way instead of Jesus way?

I know what the Bible said in Matthew, but I'm also interested in how much we love Jesus in our everyday life.

Gerioke said:

It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

We need to work on our love for Jesus as we need to work on our relation with our husband/wife and friends, if we don't work on it, our love cools down and disappears.....the closer we come to Jesus and the more we get to know Him the more we can love Him.
But we will never love Him as much as we should as long as we are on this earth.
Some people's love comes by feelings and they look ecstatic when they feel good, the love I'm talking about comes from in the inside----deeper :wub:
This loves can only grow if we grow closer to Jesus and realize how much He loved us....He died for us, would we give our life for somebody else??

Angels :)

Scarletprayers

Scarletprayers

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,421 posts

I think its important to ask that question to ourself because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

Angels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love..........a very used or sometimes abused word.....The Love of Jesus is beyond our finite understanding...yes the love of God for me,you,the lost humanity...wow...
we say I love you,we sing about it.....we write about it...love,lovely,loveable,lovong,beloved ,....but we tend to love someone or something that we like,that satisfies us,our love is not unconditional,actually really is conditional and conditioned.....His love for us is unconditional....I mean can you love a criminal that slaughtered millions of people like Hitler did? if you say yes I don't believe you.....but Hitler was included in the lost humanity for which Jesus died..on that horrible cross.....wow..it blows me...
Yes,I love Jesus cause He loved me first..but do I love Him enough? like He loved me and loves me?
I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....it is tough Angels....tough stuff....well,you know what? I leave to Him to judge if I love Him truly and I know that if I am lacking ( for sure I am,I know) He will help me,while we wlk together hand in hand ,His hand holding mine,He will increase my love for Him,
so I trust :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JC49, this is SO true. I am struggling right now..................I feel pretty empty most of the time. The faith of my youth, how I long for it now. I feel like life has beaten it out of me. I keep praying and praying but right now, I struggle. The things you just said...................maybe I'm going about this wrong or something, I don't know.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
Kahlan

This life is so often so hard and difficult and we go through so many experiences where we feel so unappreciated and unloved ourself.
I remember when I just met Jesus I could shout it of the roofs and was soooo exited--I couldn't understand why other people didn't feel the way I felt.
Over time the exitment seems to be gone and replaced for a deeper knowledge that Jesus LOVES me very much and I have disappointed Him so much by not trusting Him enough.
Sometimes its hard to feel that love because of the world we live in when everything around us is so hard to take. (feelings change but Jesus will never change so I stand on His word instead.

We just have to go by His word and not let circumstances bring us down and that is not easy to do, but God knows our struggles and is with us to help us to get through this life until we reach the other side :wub:

NITE OWL

NITE OWL

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

I think its important to ask that question to ourself  because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

Angels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Him enough to trust Him with my soul.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,108 posts

Other One: how do you practish your love for Jesus in your everyday life....how much do you love Him?
So often we don't realize how big Jesus loves is for us........its so deep and hard to understand the debt of it.

How often do you do your way instead of Jesus way?

I know what the Bible said in Matthew, but I'm also interested in how much we love Jesus in our everyday life.

Gerioke said:

It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

We need to work on our love for Jesus as we need to work on our relation with our husband/wife and friends, if we don't work on it, our love cools down and disappears.....the closer we come to Jesus and the more we get to know Him the more we can love Him.
But we will never love Him as much as we should as long as we are on this earth.
Some people's love comes by feelings and they look ecstatic when they feel good, the love I'm talking about comes from in the inside----deeper :wub:
This loves can only grow if we grow closer to Jesus and realize how much He loved us....He died for us, would we give our life for somebody else??

Angels :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would I give my life for someone else, well it would depend on the circumstances. You see right now my wife is on my insuriance and she has MS. Should I die, she would loose that insuriance and it would be very hard for her to keep up. So I'd be sacrificing much more than just myself. I doubt I would for an adult.

As to how I express or practice my love for Him, I'd have to put this way. When I confessed with my mouth that Jesus was Lord, I was being truthful. I do what He tells me to do all the time every day, day in and out. Giving time to some money to others and prayers for many including myself. I'm open for His instruction as to learn things, or do things for Him or in His name if necessary.

se

Fiosh

Fiosh

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts

I know I love my wife and kids because I can hug them and stuff but I am not sure how to demonstrate love for Jesus.  It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey G,
I'm not even pretending to have an answer. But here's my thoughts on this. I can pretty much guarantee that I do not walk around looking "ecstatic". That's not how my love for Jesus is reflected in me personally---we're all different, I suppose.

When you read the New Testament, pay particular attention to how the Apostles and disciples demonstrate their love for, and reflect their relationship with, Jesus---not much ecstacy goin' on there.
:24:

And, I may be wrong, but I believe in some ways it's harder for a man to experience love for Jesus, than it is for a woman.
:wub:

It would be interesting to hear from the guys about how they relate to Jesus on a personal level---if they'd be willing to share?

Peace,
Fiosh

Gerioke

Gerioke

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts
Judgeing by some of the reactions I get to some of the posts I make, I would say my words don't always reflect the love or wisdom of Jesus. It worries me that I can so easilly go against His will and voice MY opinion even though it may hurt some one. I believe part of loving Jesus is respecting Him enough to consider "what would Jesus do?" with every time I respond. Alas, pride becomes a factor and upon reflection can seem very hateful.
I'm sorry people. I'm sorry Lord

Scarletprayers

Scarletprayers

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,421 posts

Judgeing by some of the reactions I get to some of the posts I make, I would say my words don't always reflect the love or wisdom of Jesus. It worries me that I can so easilly go against His will and voice MY opinion even though it may hurt some one. I believe part of loving Jesus is respecting Him enough to consider "what would Jesus do?" with every time I respond. Alas, pride becomes a factor and upon reflection can seem very hateful.
I'm sorry people. I'm sorry Lord

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think most of us here have that same problem! Pride................causes lots and lots of problems in every area of our lives. But, we love ya!

:24:
:wub:

Fiosh

Fiosh

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
You're right, Kahlan. We all have some apologizing to do.

Pride is my biggest obstacle to "holiness".

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network