christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chatroom Bible Studies

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.
Hi,

On March 17th, 2005, I started this thread about what is going on in Worthychat Bible Studies. The idea was to have a place to go, where people can see what topics are planned, scheduling, archives of studies which have been done etc.

A Bible Study is planned for Jan 6th, 2007 - The beginning in a series of studies in the book of Romans. You can click here to see when it is scheduled in your own time zone.

Past Studies: See post #6 below for updated link info

Study #1 Matthew 24 part 1, March 19, 2005, click here
This page is a transcript of a expository Bible study on events, signs and sequences, as described by Jesus. It generated enough curiosity, that I put an ask a question form on the page. Several questions were sent in, and many of them answered, they can be seen on another page, get the link to that page on the bible study page.

Study #2 Faith vs Works, March 26, 2005, click here
This topical study was titled Grace, Works and Salvation, Help Please. It investigates numerous passage in an attempt to clarify how faith, grace, works and obedience work together in the lives of Christians

Study #3 Judgment and Discernment, April 10th 2005, click here
This study looks at a trail of verses concerning judging. There are different types of judgement, these are examined in this study. What about Jesus instruction not to judge others?

Study #4 FlashBack to the Future Part 1, April 15th 2006, click here
A pre resurrection day study. Was Jesus lacking faith when He said from the cross: "My God, my God , why hast Thou forsaken me?"?

Study #5 Investigating the Identity of the Restrainer of 2 Thess 2:6&7, November 11th 2006,
I am having problems with that website - will provide link after the server is changed

As more studies are done, I will attempt to add their links here as they are archived. If you know that one was done (by me) and it is not shown here, you can check the archive page on my website.

In the future, there may be times when it will make sense, to publicise notes which users can print out, so that they can have a hard copy in hand, during the study, so they can look at a passage, even if it scrolls of the screen in the study. This will also give the user a chance to become familiar with the passage before the study.

I did not create this thread for the purpose of discussion, and I ask you to refrain from using it that way. I want the thread to remain short, so that it is a simple place to get information about studies, without it growing into a multi-paged monster that no one wants to read through. Replies shoult be limited to queations not answered here, and perhaps suggestion for improvment, and other relevant things. Please, do your socializing and comedy routines in other threads.

I would also like to ask those of you who attend the studies, not just mine but those of the other admins, to be respectful of a bible study in progress. You know enough to not strike up a conversation when you arrive at a church service late, please extend the same courtesy in the Bible Study Room when a study is in progress. If you come late, do not expect the leader to catch you up, they usually have a lot to say and are trying to keep the time down to a reasonable period. Each leader will have his own style and expectations, please be responsive to them.

Finally, I would like to extend an offer, to the other chat administrators, to have space of their own on my server, to archive their own studies or articles or theological resources. I will make this available shortly, after I migrate my 17 websites to a new server. If interested, contact me for details. Before you ask though, no pictures, blogs, songs, etc. If you have some ideas for content that will be helpful to our worthy family members, i am open to suggestions. :rolleyes:

Joshua-777

Joshua-777

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts
  • Interests:Learning to love Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind, and learning to love my neighbor as myself.
Yes, right on, :thumbsup: I can't wait for the romans study, thats going to be awesome, I'm in :wub: :) :P

RebekahDavid

RebekahDavid

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts
  • Interests:i could sing of Your love forever

sing with me people :) "How Great is Our God"
    The splendor of a King,
    Clothed in majesty
    Let all the earth rejoice,
    All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in light,
    And darkness tries to hide
    And trembles at his voice,
    And trembles at his voice

How great is our God,
    sing with me
    How great is our God,
    and all will see
    How great, How great
    Is our God

Age to age he stands
    And time is in His Hands
    Beginning and the End,
    Beginning and the End

The Godhead, Three in one
    Father, Spirit, Son
    The Lion and the Lamb,
    The Lion and the Lamb

How great is our God,
    sing with me
    How great is our God,
    and all will see
    How great, How great
    Is our God

Name above all names
    You are Worthy of all praise
    and My heart will sing how great
    Is our God
    Name bove all names
    You are Worthy of all praise
    let all the world rejoice
    let all the world rejoice

How great is our God,
    Sing with me
    How great is our God,
    and all will sing
    How great, How great
    Is our God

CHORUS(1):
    How great is our God,
    Sing with me
    How great is our God,
    and all will see
    How great, How great
    Is our God

some wonderful links to help us ponder the greatness of our God :)
    http://268generation.com/videoplayer/player.php?videoid=Indescrwide1&quality=hi

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=055713be0e1d9037b5cd&page=2&viewtype=&category=mvd
Also looking forward to the studies!
love your sister in Christ,
Rebekah David

DonnaPs25

DonnaPs25

Advanced Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:I love concerts, reading, studying God's word, camping, hiking. I teach Sunday school. I love music- Contemporary Christian, Christian Rock, hymns. My new fav. pasttime is ZUMBA! Love my husband and my 2 girls and I just became a grandma!
I'm SO excited! Romans is one of my fav. books of the Bible. A wealth of information in there. Well, the whole Bible is quite amazing actually, but great place to start a group, Omega.
Of course, I will be gone the first weekend you are starting. Ugh. Sorry! Hope you'll let me join in after, especially if you post a link for the ppl who miss the beginning so we can catch up.
GBU for doing this. I will keep you in prayer as you prepare.

Guest_stevej_*

Guest_stevej_*
  • Guests
Omega, glad you are doing a study in Romans. Looking forward to it!

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Bible, photography, travel, eBay :), things with engines, marine tropical fish, sailing on dry land, camping, Worthychatting, making things, learning, food lol, browsing the i-net, creating and hosting websites, these are a few of my favorite things.
This is just an updated version of the first post in this thread, which contains dead end links. In the quoted section below, the links are still dead, and that is intentional. The reason for this, is that search engine bots, can weave thier way to my site through those links, and I do not need nor want the extra traffic they produce. I need for people to have access to me to clarify anything I might say, but I do not need to do that for the world, the Worthychat community provides all the feedback I have time for.

As far as the Romans Bible studies are concerned, I do not anticipate being able to resume those anytime soon. When that changes, I'll let you know.

Hi,

On March 17th, 2005, I started this thread about what is going on in Worthychat Bible Studies. The idea was to have a place to go, where people can see what topics are planned, scheduling, archives of studies which have been done etc.

A Bible Study is planned for Jan 6th, 2007 - The beginning in a series of studies in the book of Romans. You can click here to see when it is scheduled in your own time zone.

Past Studies: The following links take you to the new URLs for their respective studies.

Study #1 Matthew 24 part 1, March 19, 2005, Read the study here!
This page is a transcript of a expository Bible study on events, signs and sequences, as described by Jesus. It generated enough curiosity, that I put an ask a question form on the page. Several questions were sent in, and many of them answered, they can be seen on another page, get the link to that page on the bible study page.

Study #2 Faith vs Works, March 26, 2005, old link was Read the study here! This topical study was titled Grace, Works and Salvation, Help Please. It investigates numerous passage in an attempt to clarify how faith, grace, works and obedience work together in the lives of Christians

Study #3 Judgment and Discernment, April 10th 2005, Read the sturdy here! This study looks at a trail of verses concerning judging. There are different types of judgement, these are examined in this study. What about Jesus instruction not to judge others?

Study #4 FlashBack to the Future Part 1, April 15th 2006, old link was Read the study here! A pre resurrection day study. Was Jesus lacking faith when He said from the cross: "My God, my God , why hast Thou forsaken me?"?

Study #5 Investigating the Identity of the Restrainer of 2 Thess 2:6&7, November 11th 2006, old link was Read the study here! It is often speculated the the restrainer in 2 Thess is the Holy Spirit - Are there other candidates?

The above links take you to the new URLs for their respective studies.

As more studies are done, I will attempt to add their links here as they are archived. If you know that one was done (by me) and it is not shown here, you can check the archive page on my website.

In the future, there may be times when it will make sense, to publicise notes which users can print out, so that they can have a hard copy in hand, during the study, so they can look at a passage. This will also give the user a chance to become familiar with the passage before the study.

I did not create this thread for the purpose of discussion, and I ask you to refrain from using it that way. I want the thread to remain short, so that it is a simple place to get information about studies, without it growing into a multi-paged monster that no one wants to read through. Replies should be limited to questions not answered here, and perhaps suggestion for improvment, and other relevant things.

I would also like to ask those of you who attend the studies, not just mine but those of the other admins, to be respectful of a bible study in progress. You know enough to not strike up a conversation when you arrive at a church service late, please extend the same courtesy in the Bible Study Room when a study is in progress. If you come late, do not expect the leader to catch you up, they usually have a lot to say and are trying to keep the time down to a reasonable period. Each leader will have his own style and expectations, please be responsive to them.

Finally, I would like to extend an offer, to the other chat administrators, to have space of their own on my server, to archive their own studies or articles or theological resources. I will make this available shortly, after I migrate my 17 websites to a new server. If interested, contact me for details. Before you ask though, no pictures, blogs, songs, etc. If you have some ideas for content that will be helpful to our worthy family members, i am open to suggestions. :whistling:

Latest Information:

Audio Bible Studies are in the planning stage - go to my profile and read the "about me" section.

Edited by Omegaman, 23 September 2010 - 12:55 AM.
adding new information

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,295 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe
:thumbsup:

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Ran across this thread and decided I could update it a bit.

Because of the absense of multiple room in chat these days, it is difficult to hold live bible studies, so, I have suspended doing so, at least for now.

Also, I would like to point out, that there are video versions of some of the past studies.

UPDATE!!!

May 25th, 2012

A few chatters have been discussing resuming some kind of study/discussion time. Our first thoughts are are a somewhat informal discussion, with a topic or passage announced ahead of time, so people can prepare or be more familiar with the topic. No decision has been made yet, this is just the begiining of the planning stage. Probably, since there are no spare rooms in chat, we will have these discussions off site, on one of my websites. For now, feel free to offer some ideas we can think about, and later, we I will start another thread where we can fine tune the details, and poll for the best time or times to hold such events.

sderic

sderic
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Web design/programming, having righteous days for the Kingdom

Because of the absense of multiple room in chat these days, it is difficult to hold live bible studies, so, I have suspended doing so, at least for now.

Also, I would like to point out, that there are video versions of some of the past studies.

UPDATE!!!

May 25th, 2012

A few chatters have been discussing resuming some kind of study/discussion time. Our first thoughts are are a somewhat informal discussion, with a topic or passage announced ahead of time, so people can prepare or be more familiar with the topic. No decision has been made yet, this is just the begiining of the planning stage. Probably, since there are no spare rooms in chat, we will have these discussions off site, on one of my websites. For now, feel free to offer some ideas we can think about, and later, we I will start another thread where we can fine tune the details, and poll for the best time or times to hold such events.

We could take turns sharing things we learned like go around down the list, I"ve done this exchange format before and it works well

sderic

sderic
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Web design/programming, having righteous days for the Kingdom

UPDATE!!!

May 25th, 2012

We could take turns sharing things we learned like go around down the list, I"ve done this exchange format before and it works well

We could also post if we have any prewritten material on the topic for people to read before the meeting

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
both of those can be worth a try certainly sderic, I hope some others chime in.

Ladyhrtlovesu

Ladyhrtlovesu

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:ethinic cooking, reading, writing, photography, bible study, shopping, arts and crafts, animals
Just tell me when and I'll be here!

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:to be a blessing to others...making cards...
its a shame that there is no bible study but never mind it might come back one day

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Well, if we ever get more than one room in chat again, I will do some. I do post some for a pastor friend at http://dlee.omegazine.com

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,326 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.
I would love to have Bible Studies again in Chat. I wish we had more rooms too. But I think George is doing a wonderful job with this site. I'm so blessed to have found it in 2005. God Bless you George!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,295 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

I would love to have Bible Studies again in Chat. I wish we had more rooms too. But I think George is doing a wonderful job with this site. I'm so blessed to have found it in 2005. God Bless you George!

Amen~!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network