christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

what is wrong with me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

Guest_soverysmall_*

Guest_soverysmall_*
  • Guests
I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ/believe that he died for us/believe that I will have everlasting life.

Why am I so sad? I feel so very small and insignificant. It seems like I can't shake the saddness lately. I know we are not to be "of this world," we are to just "live in it." I recently lost my job. I came from an employment place where people proclaimed to be Christians, and yet, they lied and did the back-stabbing numbers and I got laid off because they wanted raises. I am forever learning of others who are getting hired at great salaries, yet, who have no education to back up their pay. I am tired of this world. I'm tired of having to witness it. I am tired of people getting ahead because of their looks. I'm tired of people getting ahead because of who they know, not what they know.
I am tired of being in relationships where I am the one always giving and getting little in return.

Usually, I am a very giving person and happy. I can't seem to snap out of it. What do you all do when this happens?

I can't seem to get "me" back.
thanks

Guest_soverysmall_*

Guest_soverysmall_*
  • Guests
I used to think that I was here for a reason...that everything happened for a reason. Now, I find myself wondering about all of it.

I used to think that I had impact on others/that by my very existence, there was a reason God put me here/why "bad" things happened to me....I never doubted it--I knew that some day, I would be able to share with others my experiences, or whatever.

I used to believe that all things happen for a reason, no matter what. Now, I don't know that is true. Why would God, out of the bazillion of people worry about me? I am only one in billions, and I am not significant at all.

do others feel this? or am I truly alone?

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Bless you soverysmall,
Welcome to the boards. I do hope you will stay and communicate with us. :laugh:

It sounds as if you are in sore need of fellowship.

We are here just for that. If I had to rely on what the world feeds me everyday. I too would despair.

Thanks be to God! I can rely on Him, Jesus! No burden is too small. He has supplied us with His Word. This is good nourishment in times like these. Focus on Him. He wants you to know Him. Despite the wind and waves all around you. If you focus on Him? You won't sink!

May I inquire? How is your life ordered?

Are you attending Church regular?

Are you reading the Word regular?

Are you seeking to know Him thru prayer?

These aren't designed to be personal questions. They are asked because these things are essential in the Christian walk.

Are you on your kness worshipping and thanking Him for all he has done? Rather than counting thine enemies?

It's settled! The Lord Loves you! If it were not so? There would be no Cross.

Dread , fear, despair, etc... these things don't come from our Father.

The Lord Jesus came to usher in the Kingdom so that you would be free. That you would have life and have it abundently. We are to be light and salt. Who lights a candle then covers it with a bedpan? How will a lamp burn with no oil?

I would ask again. What is your relationship with the Lord like these days?

Peace,
Dave

Guest_Guest_God's child_*

Guest_Guest_God's child_*
  • Guests

Why would God, out of the bazillion of people worry about me?

Why else? Because He loves you!!! :laugh:

I am only one in billions, and I am not significant at all.

Yes you are! Your life has meaning and God knows and loves you just the way you are. You are significant to Him!

Guest_soverysmall_*

Guest_soverysmall_*
  • Guests
Thanks, Dr. Luke for giving me some insight...and thanks to you, too, Guest_God's child. I'm surprised nobody else has posted, but I guess the "members" have their reasons.
Anyway, thanks to you both. I appreciate it.

traveller

traveller

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,973 posts
The reason that you did not get much in response is because the members cannot post here. This section is for guests and moderators. If you register and become a member then you can "talk" to them in the other forums, and I know they will respond to you. :t2:

And small, please remember that God created you. He designed you down to your eyelashes. He made you unique and different and special.He took as much care in creating you as He did when he designed the universe. He loves you.

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
Hi Soverysmall, :

God loved you so much that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.
That's a great promise, to realize that Jesus left His place in heaven to come to this earth to die for mine and your sins --so we can be with Him some day.

Realize we are not of this world , our real home is in heaven and we are just walking through.
Someday soon we shall see the One who loved us so much ....we shall see Jesus face to face and we will feel so small ..

All the difficulties we go through right now will look very small with eternity.
If I think about the future .....it gives me hope :rofl:
Alot of people in the bible were depressed and sad too and God always pulled them out again and often they did great things for Him.

Maybe the Lord is going to use you to help people who feel the same as you do.
I can have the tendency to focus on circumstancis..but the key is to focus on God in my circumstancis and it really helps, if I realize all the blessings I have it makes me want to shout and I feel really bad about beig selffish.

You will snap out the way you feel ,its up to you, you can either choose to stay in it or simply refuse those feelings and turn to God with more Bible reading and prayer.
Concentrate on other people who are in pain or who 's circumstancis are so much worse.
Try to do something nice for somebody everyday and this will make you feel better if you do it as on to the Lord! :t2:

Hope this helps a little??

Love in Christ

Ovedya

Ovedya

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,629 posts

Thanks, Dr. Luke for giving me some insight...and thanks to you, too, Guest_God's child. I'm surprised nobody else has posted, but I guess the "members" have their reasons.
Anyway, thanks to you both. I appreciate it.

If and when you register as a member, "soverysmall" you might consider using a different nickname. You see, although in terms of holiness and in creation, we are smaller than God, He has created us to tbe the center of His creation! Do you know that mankind is the center and purpose of all of God's creation? Do you also know that God created you for His purpose? The whole universe was created for man's life and enjoyment, and you were created for God's life and enjoyment.

So you see, you are not so very small at all! In fact, you are an important part in God's economy (His plan). Never underestimate yourself.

As far as your problems, well, I don't have the best advice. I always hate giving advice anyway - I would rather give you Christ. The Lord leads us in ways that we cannot even imagine sometimes. But this often is the way that God works His way into us. In all our trials and tribulations, the best prayer is, "Lord, I do not know what you are doing, but I just want to take time to gain you more through this experience. Lord, gain my heart today." If you pray this prayer the Lord will come in, and He will gain you. Whatever you need, the Lord is to you. All you have to do is turn your heart to Him each day. People will always betray you and let you down. The Lord never fails. He will never let you down.

Much Grace,

~G

Guest_soverysmall_*

Guest_soverysmall_*
  • Guests
Hello everyone ;)
Sorry about misunderstanding the no-post thing. It makes sense that you must be a member.
I have had a "turn" of events for me. I am still unemployed and now have some scary health 'things' going on, but, I also am being made aware every day (EVERY SINGLE DAY) for the last few days of how much God does care for me and is there for me.
I have always thought of myself as having a strong faith. Somewhere along the line, even though I shared my faith with others, I lost the true "in-my-heart" belief/feeling. I think I'm getting it back. Maybe you were right (forget who), about maybe I was to go through this to get closer to God and to be some kind of an example for others.
Thanks to all of you. I don't know what would be a good nickname to use on here. I guess I need to think on it. ;) (would I have to fess up that it's the former "small"?) ;)

Guest_Guest_Blaze_*

Guest_Guest_Blaze_*
  • Guests
I may only be young kid but I understand I have been to that point a million times but you have to find at least one thing that is still worthwhile there is always something. You must have faith that God will see you through. I know this has become a cliche over the years, but here I go: for every cloud there is a silver lining. May I have done my part in God's plan and God bless.You have my prayers.

From a fellow believer,
Blaze

traveller

traveller

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,973 posts
small, no you would not have to confess it's you! ;) That would be entirely up to you. You would be most welcome on the boards as a member, and you could get a lot of good Christian fellowship.

That goes for you too Blaze. And you are correct, sometimes we do need to look for the silver lining. Sometimes, we are the silver lining. God blesses us every day, and we should take the time to reflect on it.

Guest_steve411_*

Guest_steve411_*
  • Guests
Hi, my names Steven :wacko:

God Bless You All

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Steven,

God Bless you as well!

Please stay and register so we can fellow.

Much Love to you,
Dave

joelccdir

joelccdir
  • Members
  • 8 posts

I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ/believe that he died for us/believe that I will have everlasting life.

Why am I so sad? I feel so very small and insignificant. It seems like I can't shake the saddness lately. I know we are not to be "of this world," we are to just "live in it." I recently lost my job. I came from an employment place where people proclaimed to be Christians, and yet, they lied and did the back-stabbing numbers and I got laid off because they wanted raises. I am forever learning of others who are getting hired at great salaries, yet, who have no education to back up their pay. I am tired of this world. I'm tired of having to witness it. I am tired of people getting ahead because of their looks. I'm tired of people getting ahead because of who they know, not what they know.
I am tired of being in relationships where I am the one always giving and getting little in return.

Usually, I am a very giving person and happy. I can't seem to snap out of it. What do you all do when this happens?

thanks

The exact same thing happened to me. I'm a christian, they are christians but I wasn't extended, and my christian folks instead chose
non-christians who are modesty aside, not really performing.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,608 posts

thanks

The exact same thing happened to me. I'm a christian, they are christians but I wasn't extended, and my christian folks instead chose
non-christians who are modesty aside, not really performing.

Tell me what you mean by not really performing?

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
God's love for us is so amazing that I have no words to describe it. It's so cool, he doesn't have to love us, but he does. That's why, I love even the people that I don't feel comfortable around. If Jesus cared enough to love me, I can follow his example and love them.

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

God's love for us is so amazing that I have no words to describe it. It's so cool, he doesn't have to love us, but he does. That's why, I love even the people that I don't feel comfortable around. If Jesus cared enough to love me, I can follow his example and love them.

:thumbsup:

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

thanks

An eight year old post speaking about prophecy fulfilled among us everywhere.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Let us not become the fulfillment of this prophecy but instead follow Jesus still.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

God Bless all who find acceptance in God:

God grant me
the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference;

Living one day at a time;
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it:

Trusting that you will make all things right
if I surrender to your will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with you forever in the next.

God Our Father, Infinite and Amazing Spirit, come and fill us with your Love, Joy and Peace in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation that we might be lights in the darkness shining forth your glory in the presence of our enemies.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
There is nothing wrong with you. We all go through dark times where the sadness overwhelms us. Those of us without families the holidays can be very difficult and sad. I"m so thankful I have friends who understand this and my Worthy family who have lifted me up more times then I can count. I"m not going to say something like it will pass, yes it will but when your in the midst of it it doesn't seem like it. Just know that God is still in control even in the darkness, that I can promise you.

jemal

jemal
  • 1 posts
Many times I felt like this, and some verses came to my mind:
Matthew 5:5 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".
Psalms 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment;in his favor is life:weeping may endure for a night,but joy cometh in the morning.
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
God loves you, and he never forgets justice.
God bless you.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network