christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

what is wrong with me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

We aint in Heaven yet Brother. Just think how this world treated our sweet Savior. Yet he loved us and died for us knowing all our flaws. It's the same old world that mistreated him. Look up Brother dont get tangles in the concerns of this world. Witness and pray and rejoice that you are His.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nella27

Nella27
  • Members
  • 5 posts
I am feeling the same way. I am feel empty and without a goal in life. I pray everyday that my life would change.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

I am feeling the same way. I am feel empty and without a goal in life. I pray everyday that my life would change.

Welcome~!

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Welcome Nella, I ptray that God reveals His calling on your life to you :)

vlad

vlad

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
Dear brother, all is relative. I live in Russia and have never had a good pay as you might undersstand. The life standard is low with common people. I can not afford a car or a house of my own. I am grateful to our Lord and realize that sadness would make things worse. If the world does not love you then the Lord does. You will be happy if not in this world then in the world to come. It is a kind of anacid test you are being through. Be grateful to the Lord especially when you are through troubles.

Edited by vlad, 25 March 2013 - 06:53 AM.

vlad

vlad

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
If the world does not love you then the Lord does!

Alicia2424

Alicia2424
  • 1 posts
I have been struggling for so long now with depression. I feel faith & my walk with God had been far apart for so long. Things just always seen to knock me down, It's like a revolving door. I can't seem to get out of that circle of depression. I got saved years ago i guess I'm not strong enough to fight against all that's happened in my life. I feel I have no purpose nothing about me seems to give me happiness. I recently have been searching for God again & wanting more of him. The curious feeling is back & the feeling I had when listening to gospel music is back. I'm afraid of building a relationship with God & letting him down because I can't stand strong. I am frustrated with myself & have so much going on in my head. Last night i picked up my bible for the first time in 4 years reading & wanting to know more. Last night I my dream was disturbing & have disturbed me. I am being spiritually attacked in my dreams but one of the dreams has puzzled me. I am scared as to what the dreams meant & would love for a help in knowing what it means & why please help Thanks.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

I have been struggling for so long now with depression. I feel faith & my walk with God had been far apart for so long. Things just always seen to knock me down, It's like a revolving door. I can't seem to get out of that circle of depression. I got saved years ago i guess I'm not strong enough to fight against all that's happened in my life. I feel I have no purpose nothing about me seems to give me happiness. I recently have been searching for God again & wanting more of him. The curious feeling is back & the feeling I had when listening to gospel music is back. I'm afraid of building a relationship with God & letting him down because I can't stand strong. I am frustrated with myself & have so much going on in my head. Last night i picked up my bible for the first time in 4 years reading & wanting to know more. Last night I my dream was disturbing & have disturbed me. I am being spiritually attacked in my dreams but one of the dreams has puzzled me. I am scared as to what the dreams meant & would love for a help in knowing what it means & why please help Thanks.

Welcome~!

~

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
I too have experienced unemployment and the difficulties of finding a job when all around you seem to be getting promotions and raises. The worst thing about it is feeling useless. How can you give anything back to people when you are made to feel guilty of sloth? Relying on the hard work of others so that you can eat and pay bills? Is this the Christian thing to do, to sponge off others?
It's not easy but I see things like this as a trial.
It's true that we are living in times that are 'unfair' where sinners seem to be rewarded and the 'just' are struggling, but that's life. I know a homosexual couple who seem to be blessed in everything that they do, high salaried, forever getting promoted and apparently happy with their lives. Why? Is this fair?
I would say to anyone feeling this way, keep up your spirit by doing something good everyday. Remember that no matter how long this trial seems to last it is but a mere 'eyeblink' compared to the promises of eternity. A man could survive a hundred years in prison if he knew that he had an eternity of freedom to come afterwards.
Remember the truth and the truth will set you free!

TERRY1973

TERRY1973
  • Members
  • 59 posts
When we receive the gift of salvation it does not mean that our life here on earth is going to be only happy and blissful. The devil will fight us every step we take. The one thing we can always look forward to is that we do have the promise for life after we leave earth that will be happy and blissful. We will go through our trials and grief here but one day we will not have to struggle any more.

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
The loss of a job can involve grieving. We all go through had sad times. With the loss of my husband I still have very hard days. What you need to do is focus less on the sadness and put your eyes on the prize. It's a lot easier said then done I know. It's one step at a time. Just keep holding on to His had and know that He is able to deliver you and keep you. Talking with other Christians is good too. We have a great chat room you might want to check out.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts

The loss of a job can involve grieving. We all go through had sad times. With the loss of my husband I still have very hard days. What you need to do is focus less on the sadness and put your eyes on the prize. It's a lot easier said then done I know. It's one step at a time. Just keep holding on to His had and know that He is able to deliver you and keep you. Talking with other Christians is good too. We have a great chat room you might want to check out.

I have examined this within myself.... I have found the litmus of the trial to be a clear light of truth of
where we are in the death of ourselves and the Life grown into Jesus... The more difficult an area is the
reality of the less we have moved from this life. The more we have moved the less the importance of the
now and increase of that which is promised becomes a foundation that cannot be moved by the here and
now... Love, Steven

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,608 posts

I have examined this within myself.... I have found the litmus of the trial to be a clear light of truth of
where we are in the death of ourselves and the Life grown into Jesus... The more difficult an area is the
reality of the less we have moved from this life. The more we have moved the less the importance of the
now and increase of that which is promised becomes a foundation that cannot be moved by the here and
now... Love, Steven

A little confusing Steven?

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
The Lord has told us plainly not to love this world or the things in it for it is passing away 1Jn 2:15-18
He has spoken as to friends Jn 15:15 and we know all that He plans-> therefore:

Even though sorrows present themselves here frequently I know the end -that The Fathers shall
wipe them from our eyes Rev 21:4 and as He does this we shall see clearly 'all things worked together for good' Rom 8:28
All of us who have clearly laid down in death to ourselves because The Lord was worth more to us- so much so-
that to focus anymore upon on our fleshly pressings of the immediate life seems wasteful ... as The Holy Spirit wishes
to bring The Lord Jesus Glory even while in this body of death with us-all we must do is reckon it so! This is accomplished
by obedience outside of flesh by Spiritual means Col 3 ... it is simply focus of where our life 'IS' ~ we know it is not here and
a dedicated heart then is easily held in the promises more then fleshly pressings of now...

We are not delivered into this truth without example-> as the first martyr Stephen shows forth the glory
of the Work of The Holy Spirit within Stephen's person and all that entailed... Love, Steven

alittleoneforChrist

alittleoneforChrist
  • 4 posts
I feel like this alot. I wonder where the Christians are. I walked into a bible study last week or so and was judged by the four people there for having feelings. All I wanted was a hug after two years of hell on my job. I was reprimanded for feelings...

Crazy.

I would just tell you to get with God and draw strength from Him. We people let each other down. We Christians let each other down.

American Christians are also so self centered most of the time it's hard to see Jesus in them. You don't see many American Christians sharing their possessions, loving fervently, and bearing burdens. It's all works and performance and prosperity and pride.

I was in the Philippines recently and watched Christians there pick lice out of each other's hair. Love in action. Some Christians came from the States for a week to help with missions. They heard I had gone into the jungle to minister to tribes there. Souls were saved. Instead of Hallelujah the women shunned me in jealousy.

I have learned in over two decades of serving God that true followers of Christ are few, just as the bible says. Many are on the wide road, few on the narrow.

I pray God sends you a narrow friend.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts

I feel like this alot. I wonder where the Christians are. I walked into a bible study last week or so and was judged by the four people there for having feelings. All I wanted was a hug after two years of hell on my job. I was reprimanded for feelings...

Crazy.

I would just tell you to get with God and draw strength from Him. We people let each other down. We Christians let each other down.

American Christians are also so self centered most of the time it's hard to see Jesus in them. You don't see many American Christians sharing their possessions, loving fervently, and bearing burdens. It's all works and performance and prosperity and pride.

I was in the Philippines recently and watched Christians there pick lice out of each other's hair. Love in action. Some Christians came from the States for a week to help with missions. They heard I had gone into the jungle to minister to tribes there. Souls were saved. Instead of Hallelujah the women shunned me in jealousy.

I have learned in over two decades of serving God that true followers of Christ are few, just as the bible says. Many are on the wide road, few on the narrow.

I pray God sends you a narrow friend.

Just a reminder of Elijah.... he thought only one... yet God had reserved for Himself 7000 who had not bowed the knee! Love, Steven

EagleClaw

EagleClaw
  • 1 posts
I actually love this question because it has to be one question we have all asked ourselves at one time or another.......

IMO---
#1- There is NOTHING wrong with You.......
#2- The Mind is deceptive----- mostly any question of this nature is of deception.....

A few ways I dealt with this issue and to never have to ask myself this question EVER again was this.....

First I went to Youtube believe it or not......
I typed in the words I Wanted!
Inspiration was my first word.....
This changed my thinking but it didn't happen overnight.
I found inspirational video's that helped me......
I started my favorites and watched them EVERY time I had DOUBT about myself.

INSPIRATION------IN SPIRIT
Jesus Inspired Us.

You will also find other video's that make us realize how many people out there have it WORSE off then us.
and START to APPRECIATE who we really are.....and START to be Thankful for who we are...

The second thing I did was to read the bible......specifically Proverbs......OVER AND OVER......UNTIL.......

One last thought on this subject is we must remember Timothy

2 Timothy 1:7

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Focus on what You are doing and let that be an example for all.
We must be the change we want to see around us.
I Hope this Helps :)
Daniel

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

I actually love this question because it has to be one question we have all asked ourselves at one time or another.......

IMO---
#1- There is NOTHING wrong with You.......
#2- The Mind is deceptive----- mostly any question of this nature is of deception.....

A few ways I dealt with this issue and to never have to ask myself this question EVER again was this.....

First I went to Youtube believe it or not......
I typed in the words I Wanted!
Inspiration was my first word.....
This changed my thinking but it didn't happen overnight.
I found inspirational video's that helped me......
I started my favorites and watched them EVERY time I had DOUBT about myself.

INSPIRATION------IN SPIRIT
Jesus Inspired Us.

You will also find other video's that make us realize how many people out there have it WORSE off then us.
and START to APPRECIATE who we really are.....and START to be Thankful for who we are...

The second thing I did was to read the bible......specifically Proverbs......OVER AND OVER......UNTIL.......

One last thought on this subject is we must remember Timothy

2 Timothy 1:7

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Focus on what You are doing and let that be an example for all.
We must be the change we want to see around us.
I Hope this Helps :)
Daniel

Amen~!

Welcome~!

marvalusxoxo

marvalusxoxo
  • Members
  • 38 posts
dear guest... we all at some point have reached the place where you find yourself now and many of us visit that place too often. The bottom line is where do we put our eyes and heart and mind: ourselves. it is perhaps easy said than done but look up to Him and take your eyes of you and others and reach out to Him who bore our sins and sorrows that we may have eternal life. All that happens in our lives has a purpose: to sanctify us and bring us closer to Him... our Savior Jesus Christ. :

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network