christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Sins does God detest the Most??

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
287 replies to this topic

Karlnar

Karlnar
  • Nonbeliever
  • 36 posts
Well if my memory is correct there is only one sin that God does not forgive. And that is deny the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 12:31-32)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

Well if my memory is correct there is only one sin that God does not forgive. And that is deny the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 12:31-32)

:thumbsup:

~

The Holy Spirit

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

He's Still All About Jesus

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:7-9

back2thebible

back2thebible

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the work of the devil I believe is the highest form of blaspheme............I would think the next concerns treatment of children...............millstone and better off never born come to mind

AmateurPoet03

AmateurPoet03
  • Members
  • 73 posts
No scholar or anything but, believe one sin is mentioned as unforgivable. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, I think.

The sins in topic are known as the seven deadly sins, wonder if maybe that could be do to the consequences? God is our Heavenly Father, so much like as well as beyond an earthly parent, He gives us direction.

Just food for thought I guess.

back2thebible

back2thebible

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
I'd say in todays world it would be attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to that of the devil............I think alot of Christians forget Romans 11:29 "for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable"

that means christians can use Spiritual gifts in error yet a miracle will occur

we see this played out when Moses disobeys God and strikes the rock two times instead of speaking to it as God directed

Numbers 20:7-13
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 8 “Take the rod; you and your brother Aaron gather the congregation together. Speak to the rock before their eyes, and it will yield its water; thus you shall bring water for them out of the rock, and give drink to the congregation and their animals.” 9 So Moses took the rod from before the Lord as He commanded him.
10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly together before the rock; and he said to them, “Hear now, you rebels! Must we bring water for you out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses lifted his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came out abundantly, and the congregation and their animals drank.
12 Then the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe Me, to hallow Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.”

so we see miracles can be done in disobedience to the will of God
and we see that Moses was punished ........Its my belief that error in the gifts of the Holy Spirit can be done today.....and like Moses punishment will follow

this could be exactly what Mathew 7:21-23 was speaking of

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

bornofgod

bornofgod
  • Banned
  • 29 posts
God was the Creator of all things so He doesn't detest any of it. The prophecies are all written in symbolic form so it appears that God is angry but He really isn't. Can you be eternally angry at your children who don't obey your commands?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,460 posts

God was the Creator of all things so He doesn't detest any of it. The prophecies are all written in symbolic form so it appears that God is angry but He really isn't. Can you be eternally angry at your children who don't obey your commands?

The Almighty God Of Abraham

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44

Isaac And Jacob Speaks

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Will You Believe

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Now

Enoc

Enoc

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
Matt 12:31

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemyagainst the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network