christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Birthing Method Poll

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Birth Experience/Method, Support (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What most closeley matches your birthing experience? (if you've had several, select the one you liked the best)

1. In hospital with drugs (epidural, laughing gas, etc.) (25 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. In hospital using alternate pain management (self-hypnosis, water birth, etc.) (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

3. In hospital, other (6 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. In birthing centre with drugs (1 votes [2.22%])

5. In birthing centre using alternate pain management (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

6. In birthing centre, other (2 votes [4.44%])

7. Home birth (4 votes [8.89%])

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

8. Other (please describe) (4 votes [8.89%])

Who did you have with you during active labour for support?

1. Significant other (husband, etc.) (22 votes [48.89%])

Percentage of vote: 48.89%

2. Significant other and family member(s) (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

3. Family Member(s) (2 votes [4.44%])

4. Significant other and Doula (2 votes [4.44%])

5. Some family and Doula (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Doula (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Midwife and significant other (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

8. Midwife and family member(s) (1 votes [2.22%])

9. Midwife (2 votes [4.44%])

10. Other (4 votes [8.89%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Iryssa

Iryssa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
Take the poll! Just kinda curious to see what others have done for birthing options in Worthyland. (guys feel free to answer for your wives if she's OK with that)

rtwo

rtwo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
I answered for my wife (since she's not a Worthy member), but should clarify that the "drugs" were used because it was a C-section ... as will this next time be. :whistling:

kari21

kari21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
Whenever I do have kids (and I want to have at least 6! :noidea: ) I want to have them naturally, without any drugs.

....but I have a bad feeling I'll be screaming for drugs, or at least a hammer to the head... :thumbsup:

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,576 posts
:noidea: :24: :thumbsup: :noidea: :noidea: yep remember actually asking a midwife to use a hammer with my first :angel2:

had all the other four without any drugs cos I am alergic to them but had to have them in hospital cos of complications :whistling:

sheya joie

sheya joie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
Seven home births, no complications, midwife with all births but the third (my husband caught that baby, with our older two looking on).

Yes, I am significantly weird, friends!

:whistling:

sierra21

sierra21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
Well clearly I haven't had the baby yet, but I plan on trying to do it naturally.

If its too painful though I will not feel bad about taking an epidural.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,497 posts
i had c-sections.

Emily~Anne

Emily~Anne

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
Our oldest was born in a hospital and was a very short labor so there was no time for any medical intervention at all. I was pleasantly surprised how relatively simple it all was. (Not to say it was pain free. :whistling: )

Our youngest was born at a birthing center. I labored and birthed in water. The water helped tremendously. My husband delivered the baby under the supervision of the midwife, and our oldest who was 6 at the time cut the cord. :emot-lookaround:

patricia1

patricia1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Our oldest was born in a hospital and was a very short labor so there was no time for any medical intervention at all. I was pleasantly surprised how relatively simple it all was. (Not to say it was pain free. :o )

Our youngest was born at a birthing center. I labored and birthed in water. The water helped tremendously. My husband delivered the baby under the supervision of the midwife, and our oldest who was 6 at the time cut the cord. :)

My one and only daughter, emily..I had natural chilbirth..
My visitors were my mom, my sisters, my ex and emilys dad as well as neighbors and anyone else who wanted to walk in.... :huh:
My doctor when I called him at seven a.m. did not believe I was in Labor..I was already a week late and the last time he checked was less then 24hrs before said" You have another week to go at least!" so he took his time coming in for me. I was already 10 mm dilated when I got there. What do they know... :) :P

femelle

femelle

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
C section here too.

After the op, don't try laughing whilst sipping a cup of tea, your tummy muscles can't be used and you can stop yourself spitting out the tea without them!

F8thNJesus

F8thNJesus

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
I Love having babies. Labor and all. Just Let me stay at home.I mean seriously where would you rather use the bathroom? Public Facility, or in your own home? I have 4 different birthing experiences.

1. Hospital/completely ignorant and young. Used nubane which left me so drowsy, I fell asleep holding my brandnew baby. It was like using the bathroom in a public facility with everyone watching you and yelling at you. Major pain

2. Birthing Center/. Like having to use the restroom at your friends house. No Pain.No drugs. just joy.

3. Hospital/ informed and wise to my rights which made the staff very angry and abusive. Tolerable and avoidable pain had the staff been nicer. Like using the restroom in a public restroom with everyone yelling at you you werent' doing it right. No drugs

4. HOME/ just like being at home comfortably wating on a gift to come. No Pain, No drugs. Absolute Bliss.

Pregnant with #5 and it will by God's grace be at home.

billie

billie

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts
I wish I would've had the guts to have my first naturally, but my second was a section so that wasn't even an option. :th_praying:

ColleenLovesMischief

ColleenLovesMischief

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
#1. 31 hours labor...no drugs. Failure to progress. C-section
#2. Attempted VBAC. 26 hours labor. Heart rate began dropping after allowing epidural. C-section
#3. Due within about 10 weeks!!!! Schedualing c-section!

InNeedohPrayer

InNeedohPrayer
  • Members
  • 14 posts
The girls could have easily been born without pain medication.

BUT that boy :mgfrog: Oh no. He was a whopper and I was in all sorts of pain!!!!! Thank God for my epidural :emot-hug:

GloryToGod!

GloryToGod!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
The best years of my life were when I was having and raising our kids.

The first one came before everyone was ready...no hubby in room.

The next three were pretty easy births!

Iryssa

Iryssa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
Finally able to answer my own question. Hospital, drugs (the works: Morphine, Fentanyl, Laughing gas, and Epidural), and husband. 24hrs and a vaccum extraction! :blink:

cymba22

cymba22

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Take the poll! Just kinda curious to see what others have done for birthing options in Worthyland. (guys feel free to answer for your wives if she's OK with that)

I do not know what a Doula is...and here we have a midwie in the hospital as standard...we only have drs on difficautl delivers...of which I ahd two and 2 c-sections on top of those. I had either friend or family memeber in...but we are only allowed one family memeber with the midwife.

Scum_of_the_Earth

Scum_of_the_Earth

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
I will come back to this topic after I give birth in a few weeks or so.

But my plan is to go into labor naturally without being induced. I do not want a c-section and will absolutely refuse unless it's truly a situation of emergency with either me or my son. I would like to say no to an epidural and that is currently my plan. Also since I live fairly close to my hospital, I'd like to labor at home for as long as possible as I'm not too keen on the idea of being in a strange and uncomfortable place while being in a new and strange situation. If things had happened differently and I was in a different situation, I'd be planning a home birth, but it's just not possible at this point in my life. And my birthing coach will be my amazing friend.

Iryssa

Iryssa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

I do not know what a Doula is...and here we have a midwie in the hospital as standard...we only have drs on difficautl delivers...of which I ahd two and 2 c-sections on top of those. I had either friend or family memeber in...but we are only allowed one family memeber with the midwife.

A Doula is a professional labour coach and support person, basically. They'll advocate for you to make sure your birth plan is followed (and they will probably also help you write one), and give you support and advice throughout your labour. Some also offer postnatal support, helping with breastfeeding and diapering and other things a woman may need help with in the few days after delivery. If I could afford one I'd have one this go 'round.

Iryssa

Iryssa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

I will come back to this topic after I give birth in a few weeks or so.

But my plan is to go into labor naturally without being induced. I do not want a c-section and will absolutely refuse unless it's truly a situation of emergency with either me or my son. I would like to say no to an epidural and that is currently my plan. Also since I live fairly close to my hospital, I'd like to labor at home for as long as possible as I'm not too keen on the idea of being in a strange and uncomfortable place while being in a new and strange situation. If things had happened differently and I was in a different situation, I'd be planning a home birth, but it's just not possible at this point in my life. And my birthing coach will be my amazing friend.

Praying for you, baby, and your upcoming delivery! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network