christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

is it enough just to believe?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

Guest_Guest_sam_*_*

Guest_Guest_sam_*_*
  • Guests
As the title says, is it enough just to believe that jesus is the son of god?

E.g. i might be a believer and still do bad things every day will i still go to heaven?

If so, what about murderers who believe, what will happen to them? A lot of criminals believe, they know a lot of what they do is evil but they cant help themselves, but still pray to jesus, whats gonna happen to them?

Surely u would think that a good person who helps people evryday and beileves will go to heaven. But will a person who believes and does nothing else, receieve the same reward as the former??

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Bless you my friend,

The Bible says this;

Ac 8:37
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip was responding to a Eunuch who sought after the Lord and His Salvation.

The Scripture and the narrative is that the Eunuch is seeking after an answer to some scripture in which he was reading about the Messiah. Philip preached unto him Jesus. Then the man desired to receive Baptism by the guidance of the Holy Spirit in his heart. Philip tells him that he may receive Baptism if he has believed this Jesus that he just preached with all his heart.

Let's look at one more; :whistling:

Ro 10:9
That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Ro 10:10
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Now why include something about Baptism above? It may even get me into a little trouble with a few of the brethren, :whistling: but........... If you believe in your heart, with all your heart, and confess with your mouth the Gospel, you are Saved. Then too you will be quickened unto action. Maybe not today or even right now like the Eunuch. However your new born again life will begin to produce Obedience by Faith.

This I believe answers your question about the murderer. He can murder and be Saved, however if he murders again and again, has he truly believed and made confession that Jesus is Lord? Has he died to death and risen to life?

Yes, we will sin again, but the Word also says this;

1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God is Just and Faithful to forgive us our sins when we repent of them. Daily we fight this struggle against our flesh. However we are not left by ourselves to do so and we also have weapons at our disposal to win this War. We can pray, we can fast, we must read Gods Word to re-inforce what God has said about ius and that we are indeed forgiven.

God is calling us to repentance and Godly sorrow. Godly sorrow leadeth to Repentance, Salvation, and to Life not to be regretted. However the murderer once forgiven and then made to feel sorry who returns to death time and again hasn't really been made sorry unto Repentance, Salvation, and Life unto no regrets, IMO. He's sorry for a time and even in a worldy way. If he were truly Saved he would not return to death but live the Life now imparted to him in Christ Jesus. He would live and not die preferring the Life and never regretting of it.

Murderers are forgiven all the time, take a look at Moses and King David.

I would state openly that as believers understanding the nature of our former selves and then considering what God has done for us. That we should desire to win this War and to Live a Life that pleases God and not our flesh. :thumbsup:

Salvation is found in Christ alone and not in our actions. Our actions are a reflection and direct result of our Salvation. :thumbsup:

Being a good person has nothing to do with your Salvation, if you believe with all thine heart you will receive and have received the free gift of Gods Grace. Do you believe what God has said? I do, if we confess our sins, He is Just and Faithful to forgive us all our sins, and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness. :thumbsup:

I believe that your confusing Salvation with Sanctification. Your position in heaven and the book of life is secured in Christ, he is your Justification, His finished work alone qualifies you. Sanctification is an ongoing work in your life, changing you slowly from your nature to His as God continues this work in progress. The Word states that He is the Great Author and Finisher of our Faith. We partner with Him in this work by joining Him in His efforts by Faith, by relationship.

Moseses face glowed with Glory just from hanging out with God, how much more will you and I whose nature has been forever changed and have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Moseses face glowed because He was in the presence of the Holy Spirit and Gods Glory. Yet every believer is indwelt with the Holy Spirit and becomes a radient Light, a candle on a pedestal, salt amongst death. Don't snuff out the Light or let the salt get damp and lose it's Savor by allowing your flesh to push aside the Spirit or even set itself up as Lord and snuff out the Light.

Much Grace to you dear one.

Peace,
Dave

WayneB

WayneB

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,173 posts
Dave is right on target and I will add just one more thought.

There is a big difference in knowing that Jesus is the Son of God and actually believing God's Word.

Even the demons know who Jesus is (Acts 19:15) but that does not secure their salvation. They may even recognize and accept His authority over them (Luke 8:31) but they do not believe Him.

Believing God is taking Him at His Word, which makes it clear..."Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." (Romans 4:3; Genesis 15:6).

AND when we believe God, we will turn to Him and acknowledge Him as our Lord and Savior and He will open our eyes to His TRUTH.

2 Cor 3:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Praise HIM :whistling:

EricH

EricH

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts
Real belief leads to action

Evangelica

Evangelica
  • Members
  • 64 posts
I honestly believe that the one job we have to do in this lif time or the millinium age is to be overcomers. Of what? Overcomers of satan, the world, the flesh. if we don't overcome satan now in our flesh and the world.then we have to face him at the end of the 1000 yrs and the ones who overcomes now will never have to face that second death. We do have work to do in dying daily, bringing thoughts captive to Christ , plus the many commands He gave us to follow etc etc.

Romans 12:10-21 says (NKJV)
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

20 Therefore
“ If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

The high priest, on the day of Atonement, took his censor and filled it with "coals of fire" from the altar to the burnt offering., and then put incense on the coals. That cloud covered the mercy seat and was acceptable as atonement. So, heeping coals in itself wasn't a vengeful act but an act of intercession for them.

Gerioke

Gerioke

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,383 posts

Real belief leads to action

I'm not sure about this one. There are many who believe yet are unable to demonstrate action due to mental or physical disabilities, unless of course you count a state of heart as an action. :ph34r:

Rhonda Lou

Rhonda Lou

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

E.g. i might be a believer and still do bad things every day will i still go to heaven?

If so, what about murderers who believe, what will happen to them? A lot of criminals believe, they know a lot of what they do is evil but they cant help themselves, but still pray to jesus, whats gonna happen to them?

Surely u would think that a good person who helps people evryday and beileves will go to heaven. But will a person who believes and does nothing else, receieve the same reward as the former??

I agree with everybody else in terms of salvation. Salvation unto heaven is believing with your whole heart that Jesus is Savior and Lord of your life. In a sense, one can look at a chair and believe that it will hold them, but believing unto salvation (heaven) is saying you believe the chair will hold you -- and then SITTING in the chair, forgoeing every other thing, and trusting all to the chair. That is the believing part. But salvation has two parts to it: repentance and faith. You asked about the faith part. I believe that in order to believe Jesus is your Savior, you must believe you need one. This means facing sin, and acknowledging that no matter what you do, you will continue to sin -- you can't stop yourself -- it is in your nature. I believe the deepest part of this sin is facing a rebellious, prideful nature -- we want to do it our selves, be in control, call the shots. It is easier for us to try and get out of our own messes and sins, to try to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, to tell ourselves that we aren't that bad, look at all those who are worse than us -- we can do it, we don't need anybody. Repentance is acknoledging that as a total lie. We CAN'T "do good" -- we CAN'T "pull up ourselves by our bootstraps!! Even if we do the right thing and are obedient to the law, our heart is not always in it, and we don't do it with the right motivation all of the time. And God demands perfection. Habakkuk 1:13 says, "Thou aret of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity." Matthew 6:48 says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." No matter how hard we try, we can't live up to perfection, and even if we could starting right now today, we've already blown it. James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (KJV). The NKJV says, "Stumble in one point." The NLT says, "And the person who keeps all of the laws except ONE is as guilty as the person who has broken all of God's laws". The KJV used the word "offend" because our sin is actually OFFENSIVE to God!! It is easy to say, "Yes, I sin, and I need a Savior", but "from the heart" means that you realize just how much you sin, and how little you can do about it -- it is a desperate cry for salvation -- not only for heaven, but to finally gain power over sin.

How does "power over sin" work? When we become Christians -- when we call Jesus Savior and Lord, from our hearts, we actually DIE to our old natures. This responds to your question about "what if we keep sinning". In Romans 6, Paul answers your very question: He says, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue to sin, that grace may abound? God forbid! How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein." (What he's saying is: If belief in Jesus saved us because God was so gracious (kind) -- won't God's kindness show forth even more if we sin more? He says, "NO WAY!! GOD FORBID!! He then says the reason is that we are DEAD to sin. The rest of the chapter speaks of baptism. Baptism simply means "immersed" -- when we are saved, we are "immersed" in Christ. The New Testament repeatedly calls it being "in Christ". This is most prevanent in Colossians 3::3-4, Fe ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, WHO IS OUR LIFE, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." Keeping in mind that the baptism spoken of in Romans 6 is the immersion into Christ, it says, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore, we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newneww of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that hencefort we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from ins. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him. (Romans 6:1-9)

The point is that at our salvation, our "old man" or nature died. We are given a new heart and a new Spirit, according to Ezekiel 36:26-27, and 2 Corinthians 5:17. We no longer live according to that old man who is dead, but according to the New Man. This new man is described this way: "created in righteousness and true holiness" (Ephesians 4:24. This New Man, or New Nature -- it is with us forever, and cannot be changed back (it is sealed by the Holy Spirit -- Ephesians 1:13-14) -- nothing can touch it. It would be the core of who you are in Christ.

But your core is surrounded by flesh -- nothing more than a container, except we can visually SEE the container, not what is inside. That has to be believed by faith. So, as Christians we have a choise -- we can act on what we see -- the flesh, still capable of sin -- or we can act by the new man who is inside us. That is a faith choice. We accept that new man by faith. Faith takes time to grow. Now, when we choose to act in faith on the new man, it is still not always easy. We still need God's power. It is why we have the Holy Spirit -- God's power over sin FOR ALL WHO BELIEVE. Dave was right -- we are changed from glory to glory. The verse is 2 Corinthians 3:18, which says that when we "behold as in a glass (mirror) the glory of the Lord (when we focus on Jesus), we "are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." The Holy Spirit changes us into what we behold -- if we are focusing (beholding) Jesus, we will become more like Jesus -- the Holy Spirit will see to it. Every Christian is to focus on Jesus.

So, in answer to your question, yes some murderers who are Christian will be saveed. We don't ever know what is in another person's heart. We don't know if they are truly saved or not, we don't always know their motivation -- in fact THEY don't always know their motivation -- have you ever done something and your aren't sure why? So we can tell others how to be saved, but it is up to God and the person to save them. And rather than trying to figure others out, maybe it is best to figure out what is best for ourselves. So rather than wondering who is or is not saved, are you saved? If not, would you like to be?

I hope this answers your question -- and I also hope you forgive the length of the response. I've not figured out how to shorten it yet.

Rhonda

stan4257

stan4257

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

You say " i might be a believer and still do bad things every day will i still go to heaven?" Are you a believer?

From the way you use small case for the name of Jesus and God, as so many atheists do, it seems you might have another agenda.

But I notice that all the answers take you seriously which should at least make you think. Hope that it does make you think and bring you into a close relationship with the love of Jesus Christ.

Guest_Guest_Sam_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sam_*_*
  • Guests

You say " i might be a believer and still do bad things every day will i still go to heaven?" Are you a believer?

From the way you use small case for the name of Jesus and God, as so many atheists do, it seems you might have another agenda.

But I notice that all the answers take you seriously which should at least make you think. Hope that it does make you think and bring you into a close relationship with the love of Jesus Christ.

So u are saying i have an agenda because of the way i type or my grammar is not correct? What agenda do u mean? I asked an honest question, and i take the answers seriously, why else would i ask? It seems u have come to the conclusion i am an atheist just from the way i type my letters on a keyboard, that dont make sense to me.

Guest_yod_*

Guest_yod_*
  • Guests
The word translated as "believe" in the bible really means "strong trust"

If you have "strong trust" in Jesus, you will exhibit it in your actions, deeds, and thoughts. I mean...the demons "believe" He exists and it doesn't do them any good at all.

Nope...believing in Jesus is not a mental acceptance of religious facts. It is a strong trust that brings repentance leading to salvation and a renewed mind & changed way of living.

AL_Pond

AL_Pond
  • Members
  • 63 posts

So u are saying i have an agenda because of the way i type or my grammar is not correct? What agenda do u mean? I asked an honest question, and i take the answers seriously, why else would i ask? It seems u have come to the conclusion i am an atheist just from the way i type my letters on a keyboard, that dont make sense to me.

You are saved when you make the decision to accept Jesus as your savior, and you ask him to forgive your sins and come into your life. We are not saved by good deeds, lest any man should boast. Simply believing is not enough, as someone else said, even the demons know Jesus and tremble at his name. It is the conscious decision to accept Jesus as your savior that saves you.

Good deeds have a place after you are saved. We will all be judged at the end of this age at the great white throne judgement, the saved, and the unsaved. The saved will be judged and rewarded for those good deeds. You will not be judged for the sins you committed before you were saved, as those sins have been forgiven. The unsaved will be judged as well:

“27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out.” (Lu 13:27-28 AV)

All of the people who have not made the decision will see the beauty and glory of heaven, and will realize that they failed to accept a priceless gift, and that gift has slipped from their grasp, never to be offered again.

SaintKolbe

SaintKolbe
  • Members
  • 55 posts

We have to believe and live as best we can, as followers of Jesus. He was perfect, and demanded efforts at perfection from His disciples. He demanded self-discipline, obedience, commitment. Call that 'works righteousness' if you will, but I think it's obvious that that's what He taught, in large measure. Nothing worthwhile is easy. We all know that.

Press Forward

Press Forward

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

John 3 NIV

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]"

1 Peter 1 NIV

15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."[

23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,
"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25but the word of the Lord stands forever."[c] And this is the word that was preached to you.

I believed in Jesus Christ since I was little...said the sinners prayer when I was 19 and thought I was a good person and thought I was alright with Jesus. But everyday now I thank God for his mercy and grace and patience because I was I was headed for hell until I was born again at 41. When I was born-again God opened my eyes to what Jesus did for me and I experienced a Godly sorrow and a tearful repentance for all my sin and then and only then was my name written in the Lamb's book of Life and sealed by the Holy Spirit and I was delivered by Jesus Christ. From that day I was reconciliated back to my Father and Almighty God started working on my hardened heart, sanctifying me into a holy life, and teaching me how to live a life pleasing to Almighty God. That was the beginning of my journey thru eternity and it is offered to all mankind. But when I was blessed with of the love of Jesus I was attacked by the enemy from all sides. But God used it to teach me...and in 6 short years I have experienced such a protected blessed life and peace of mind......I'm never looking back and I'm pressing forward.

mikerunk

mikerunk

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
Late I been reading the bible and I started with the first book Genesis...actually I'm still in Genesis (almos through the first book). Now the bible im reading has a lot foot notes, it actually helps explain a lot of the verse and what there about and how I can apply it to my life.

Now it's important to understand that I have tons of questions and am in need of lots of help. I turned to the bible in hope that I might find the help that I seek. As some one who has spent pretty much spitting in Gods face and saying thing's to him that I will not repeat I have pretty much destroyed my relationship with God. In so doing so I now have to work to rebuild my faith from the ground up. I also need to learn relearn who God is.

Now just in reading Genesis I have come to learn a few things and I wish to share it with you. I know it may not seem like it's on topic but it really is which will become clear later.

As I have read through the first Book of the Bible (Genesis) I realized something. Every single of the prophets in Genesis Sinned and more then once. In fact they did things they knew they shouldn't do, they knew they were disobey God and yet did it any way. Now I won't try and compare my sins to theres. However it's important to know these guys did sin and disobeyed God and yet they were Rightious in the eyes of God.

Now I don't know about you guys but I doubt I will ever be as great as those men. Yet there lives give me hope because if these great men could still be rightious and loved by God, even when they disobey him, and Sin and still forgive them, then it gives me hope.

See I think what is important is Faith in God. We use the teachings of the Bible to mold are behavior as much as we can. Yet no matter how hard we try we are going to sin, some times it will be sins were not aware of doing, other times it will be sins we know were doing. Yet God is always there to forgive use.

I think we are supposed to struggle and fight are sinful nature, to resist are lustful desires. God doesn't expect use to be perfect, he knows we can't help are selves, that we are going crash from time to time and give in to are sinful nature. If we were capable of not sin the there would have been no need for Christ to die on the Cross for are sins.

Are job in this world is to spread the message of God, to put are faith in him, and to fight the good fight. We don't need to defeat are sinful nature for Christ has done that for use, we only need to struggle with it, to fight it and believe in God.

I still have a lot to learn, hence why I am reading the bible and know this I am far far from perfect. Make no mistakes I have so many issue with Sin that have taken root in my life it's not even funny. For years I struck out at God, denied he existed, cursed his name, thretened him, even tried convince others he did not exist. It has taken me a long time to get to were I am. The first thing I had to stop doing was blaming God for all my problems. I believe in my heart I am saved but not because of anything I have done, but because God has granted me love and Mercy through blood of Christ.

So is Believing enough, yes but you also have to continue to struggle. If you don't it will lead you away from God one way or another. If you resist and continue to fight and put your faith in God, then he will do the rest and take care of you, no matter how good or bad you are.

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
the bible says no flesh shall glory before the lord.

there is nothing you can do to make yourself good enough for God but believe on the Lord Jesus.

IF you can be good enough for God to accept you by yourself then why did Jesus get crucified?

read in revelations when the angel takes him up by a lock of his hair. and the voice cried out who is worthy to open the seal. he looked and started to weep cuz no one was worthy. then the angel was like wait we found one. and then he look agian and saw a lamb slain on the alter.

there was no one saying oh i paid all my tithes or a preacher saying 900 saved in my congegation on sunday.

only thru the blood of the lamb, the passover lamb, can we be redemed.

the enemy gets pleasure out of christians doing this. it is Gods will our souls prosper in his kingdom. seek him.

Resting in Christ

Resting in Christ

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Late I been reading the bible and I started with the first book Genesis...actually I'm still in Genesis (almos through the first book). Now the bible im reading has a lot foot notes, it actually helps explain a lot of the verse and what there about and how I can apply it to my life.

Now it's important to understand that I have tons of questions and am in need of lots of help. I turned to the bible in hope that I might find the help that I seek. As some one who has spent pretty much spitting in Gods face and saying thing's to him that I will not repeat I have pretty much destroyed my relationship with God. In so doing so I now have to work to rebuild my faith from the ground up. I also need to learn relearn who God is.

Now just in reading Genesis I have come to learn a few things and I wish to share it with you. I know it may not seem like it's on topic but it really is which will become clear later.

As I have read through the first Book of the Bible (Genesis) I realized something. Every single of the prophets in Genesis Sinned and more then once. In fact they did things they knew they shouldn't do, they knew they were disobey God and yet did it any way. Now I won't try and compare my sins to theres. However it's important to know these guys did sin and disobeyed God and yet they were Rightious in the eyes of God.

Now I don't know about you guys but I doubt I will ever be as great as those men. Yet there lives give me hope because if these great men could still be rightious and loved by God, even when they disobey him, and Sin and still forgive them, then it gives me hope.

See I think what is important is Faith in God. We use the teachings of the Bible to mold are behavior as much as we can. Yet no matter how hard we try we are going to sin, some times it will be sins were not aware of doing, other times it will be sins we know were doing. Yet God is always there to forgive use.

I think we are supposed to struggle and fight are sinful nature, to resist are lustful desires. God doesn't expect use to be perfect, he knows we can't help are selves, that we are going crash from time to time and give in to are sinful nature. If we were capable of not sin the there would have been no need for Christ to die on the Cross for are sins.

Are job in this world is to spread the message of God, to put are faith in him, and to fight the good fight. We don't need to defeat are sinful nature for Christ has done that for use, we only need to struggle with it, to fight it and believe in God.

I still have a lot to learn, hence why I am reading the bible and know this I am far far from perfect. Make no mistakes I have so many issue with Sin that have taken root in my life it's not even funny. For years I struck out at God, denied he existed, cursed his name, thretened him, even tried convince others he did not exist. It has taken me a long time to get to were I am. The first thing I had to stop doing was blaming God for all my problems. I believe in my heart I am saved but not because of anything I have done, but because God has granted me love and Mercy through blood of Christ.

So is Believing enough, yes but you also have to continue to struggle. If you don't it will lead you away from God one way or another. If you resist and continue to fight and put your faith in God, then he will do the rest and take care of you, no matter how good or bad you are.

Philippians 2:12 "Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

Theodore A. Jones

Theodore A. Jones
  • Banned
  • 45 posts

"Is it just enough to believe that Jesus is the son of God" to be saved? Nope.
"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous."
Salvation is predicated upon the faith of obeying a law that has been added to the law by Jesus' crucifixion.

lastcall

lastcall
  • Seeker
  • 4 posts
yes

7angel

7angel
  • Members
  • 99 posts

In the following parable you will find the answer

Matthew. Chapter 12, verses 46 to 50

46 was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers, who were outside, trying to talk to him. 47 Someone told him, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak." 48 Jesus answered, "Who is my mother and who are my brothers? '. 49 And the hand pointing to his disciples, he said: "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, my sister and my mother

Gerioke

Gerioke

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,383 posts
John 13
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Romans 13
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

1 John 4
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

If we love one another, no commandment will be broken

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network