christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SPORTS

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

DCT-david

DCT-david

• Members *
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
I love basketball!!
I played basketball sometimes with my friends!!
my fav team is warriors...

Guest_ricky_*

Guest_ricky_*
  • Guests
I watch and play soccer/football it the beautiful game :whistling:

Guest_HIS girl_*

Guest_HIS girl_*
  • Guests
I'm a track and field girl, love the World championships, Olympic Games etc. I get so nervous when I watch - as if I'm the one competing!! I suppose it's in my blood as my family (and me) were good at track.

Guest_armywife79_*

Guest_armywife79_*
  • Guests
Well, I was born and raised in Indiana, and as a Hoosier basketball is in my blood!! I love basketball. Basketball is fun anywhere and anytime. We would always play after all the chores were done onthe farm. My dad would always take the time to play with us.

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:- i like reading fishing hunting motor bike riding smash up derbys horse riding camping

music christian heavy metal one off my friends who lives in south africa sent me some off his cds Invader

christian worship matt redman hillsong latest worship artists from america and the UK
from damo1

i am an old south sydney supporter rugby Nrl not aussie rules supporter i cant get my head around that game i had all the foot ball cards from every team back in the 80 when they were being sold in the local news agent store hear in australia

i also played rugby when i was living in fairfield youth refuge when i was young

i also love bathurst 1000 and when ever its on i just sit in front of the idiot box home ph turned off and mobil ph and i watch the battle of the mountain and its an awsem thing to watch plus i have been to bathurst once motor racing is one of my best sports and its just awsem seeing these guys battle it out and its comming next weekend hear again yet peter brook passed away and he will be sadly missed as he was the man of the mountain

for those in america you should get this on pay tv there and if you get a chance to watch this you wil love it v8 supper cars going at high speeds on this mountain in bathurst nothing beats it

i also tried grid iron hear as they did introduce this to us males at moorbank high school but it became to confusing with all the heavy gear you were when i play rugby i have no prottective gear on i just love gettting out on the foot ball field and tackling guys head on its fun and its a fit sport yet i watch grid iron when i can and i do not know how your players do it with all that gear yet its a cool sport and i love watching base ball as well

i also play indoor cricket and have played a one day game i do not mind watching the one day games my self

cheers

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
RUGBY :thumbsup:

And now that South Africa is through to the quarter-finals I am beaming all the way :24: Go Springboks!!!!

Guest_ricky_*

Guest_ricky_*
  • Guests

RUGBY :noidea:

And now that South Africa is through to the quarter-finals I am beaming all the way :24: Go Springboks!!!!

Being an Ireland fan I'm dissilusiond with the game at the moment :thumbsup:

peaches

peaches

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,016 posts
i'm afraid i dont understand the question as i was under the impression that Tennis is the only sport. :noidea:

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

RUGBY :th_frusty:

And now that South Africa is through to the quarter-finals I am beaming all the way :wub: Go Springboks!!!!

Being an Ireland fan I'm dissilusiond with the game at the moment :D

I know how you feel Ricky.

I live in Northern Ireland and all my friends here are feeling very down since Ireland is now out. Must say I had hoped something great would happen for Ireland on Sunday. Still you can always root for the Springboks now! :)

Guest_ricky_*

Guest_ricky_*
  • Guests

RUGBY :o

And now that South Africa is through to the quarter-finals I am beaming all the way :emot-pray: Go Springboks!!!!

Being an Ireland fan I'm dissilusiond with the game at the moment :(

I live in Northern Ireland and all my friends here are feeling very down since Ireland is now out. Must say I had hoped something great would happen for Ireland on Sunday. Still you can always root for the Springboks now! :emot-pray:

Cool I'm in Comber County Down where are you

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

RUGBY :thumbsup:

Being an Ireland fan I'm dissilusiond with the game at the moment :emot-hug:

I live in Northern Ireland and all my friends here are feeling very down since Ireland is now out. Must say I had hoped something great would happen for Ireland on Sunday. Still you can always root for the Springboks now! :24:

Cool I'm in Comber County Down where are you

I'm in County Fermanagh when working or in Clogher, County Tyrone when at home. By the way nice to meet you Ricky :whistling:

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:- i like reading fishing hunting motor bike riding smash up derbys horse riding camping

music christian heavy metal one off my friends who lives in south africa sent me some off his cds Invader

christian worship matt redman hillsong latest worship artists from america and the UK
:) from damo1 :emot-hug:

go wallabies australias number 1 team sorry guys to be the cream in the pie hear i am a wallabies man and i am a wallabies supporter threw and threw the mighty spring box nothing beats rugby union

you beuty

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

:laugh: from damo1 :)

go wallabies australias number 1 team sorry guys to be the cream in the pie hear i am a wallabies man and i am a wallabies supporter threw and threw the mighty spring box nothing beats rugby union

you beuty

Hiya Damo1,

I do agree the Wallabies are a tremendous rugby team! But now I have to be fair and say the Springboks are really looking good this World Cup. :laugh: For that matter so does Argentina, they could upset :blink: .

But I will be faithful and support the Springboks! We South Africans are hoping for a win. :)

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

from damo1

let me know how they go as i wl not be near a tv out bush and fishing i am thinking of going walk about usualy my walk abouts last 4 day lucky i am a christian as when i was not my walkabouts would end up waking up in a cell with a head ache trying to re cap what i did or wondering whoes house i am in

i got to say i love the south african team as well as you also have some good criket players as well

as this is my other team i like watching when wallabies are not playing

but i wil have to find another team when i setle in 2009 in the philppines any good teams to back in asia ?

Stephen-UK

Stephen-UK

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Interests:religion, current affairs, science, the internet
I'm afraid I am not into any sports of any kind.

The only 'sport' I was 'head over heels in love with' at one time was Karate.

I was an 'A1' student of the legendary Billy Higgins and Andy Sherry.....European Karate champions several times over, at one time, and used to do demonstrations with them........sometimes in front of Royalty.

But I eventually realized that my persuit of perfection in martial arts didn't 'sit well' with my Christian beliefs.....so I gave it up for good.

I will never go back there.

Sports, in my opinion, are mostly pointless, unless people do it for physical fitness.

But the 'beef' I have against sports, is that people generally are obsessed with their football team, or whatever.......when they wouldn't even give a moment's thought to God. I see this all the time at work, and this has largely turned me against sports of any kind.

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

from damo1

let me know how they go as i wl not be near a tv out bush and fishing i am thinking of going walk about usualy my walk abouts last 4 day lucky i am a christian as when i was not my walkabouts would end up waking up in a cell with a head ache trying to re cap what i did or wondering whoes house i am in

i got to say i love the south african team as well as you also have some good criket players as well

as this is my other team i like watching when wallabies are not playing

but i wil have to find another team when i setle in 2009 in the philppines any good teams to back in asia ?

Hiya Damo1,

Will keep you informed. Don't worry I wont start cheering too loudly!!! :emot-wanttohug:

Enjoy your camping and fishing. Glory to God you have come a long way with our Lord. He is always faithful to keep us as we grow up into Him.

I think you have a great second choice team to watch if the Wallabies are not playing :thumbsup:

Japan played great rugby at this world cup. They are coming on well so you could always support them. :emot-drums:

God bless
Estie

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

from damo1

thanks Adonia1

right now i am watching bathurs v8 supper cars as its bathurst 1000 hear in australia and i wil then go away when its over

i wil have to look into the japan team you mentioned as i seem to miss them when they do play i always see the all blacks new zealand rugby union team then the south african team play and then also the irish team play but when these guys come on its played pretty late hear around 3 am and i am way alseep by then

though cricket is starting and i wil be watching in intrest to see how south africa goes this year we have had one day matches already and i am weighting for season to kick in

fishing relaxes me and i have time out with god while i am out fishing and camping yet once in the philippines my new father in law is going to take me to some aswem fishing spots as i heard they have some good fishing spots i love hooking sharks in and playing with them for a while

i wil come back to this post as i think i have plenty time and yes they are my best second team even though i am an aussie my self i sort of dont stick to the rules were i back one team i like to play the field

take care

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
Hiya damo1,

I am cheering the Springboks are through to the semi-finals, yahoo :noidea:

Sorry about the Wallabies. There sure were some upsets this weekend with the All Blacks going out as well. :blink: But it was great rugby anyway.

I though it was great that the media told how the Fiji team had in their daily Bible study read about David and Goliath. I thought this was awesome to be shared with all who were listening. :noidea:

Well damo1 you can now support the Springboks against Argentina. :48:

God bless you brother,
Estie :whistling:

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Hiya damo1,

I am cheering the Springboks are through to the semi-finals, yahoo :emot-puke:

Sorry about the Wallabies. There sure were some upsets this weekend with the All Blacks going out as well. :blink: But it was great rugby anyway.

I though it was great that the media told how the Fiji team had in their daily Bible study read about David and Goliath. I thought this was awesome to be shared with all who were listening. :whistling:

Well damo1 you can now support the Springboks against Argentina. :26:

God bless you brother,
Estie :emot-eek:

to Adonia1

from damo1

yes thank you for this i saw that game darn england winning wel you can not win al the time i know i wil make sure i watch that game as a friend has a mobil ph hear in australia we have the new next G which you can have pay tv he is comming with me and we wil be making sure we get reception wear we are as they are still working threw the range of the new ph and you get to watch what ever you pay for

i know what you mean i was up set yet i saw this from my side about Fiji and i will be buying the south african foot ball rugby union jersy for add to my collection i have the wallabies one in my collection and they are comfter bal to wear i saw the japan jersey as well and it seems ok to though i wil get the south african one first as they do cost you an arm and a leg to buy

i wil be doing this from my side of the world in Australia cheering with you there may god bless you and your family

hope they win i wil pray that the other side trips up or something like that i think god will answer me on this

blessing from damo1 from your brother in the lord damien

Adonai1

Adonai1

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
Thanks damo1 I do appreciate your support :thumbsup:

My daughter's fiance bought a Springbok rugby shirt here in Northern Ireland. He was told that it was one of the nicest for the world cup. So he is also supporting the Springboks eventhough he is Northern Irish. :whistling:

God bless to you and your family Damien and may God be glorified in all you do.

:thumbsup:
Estie

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network