Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cleaning a Kitchen Sponge

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Best Way to Get Germs Off a Kitchen Sponge

Even if you wash your kitchen sponge regularly, it can still be full of bacteria. In fact, studies show that the average Gold coast carpet cleaners kitchen sponge can contain up to a million more germs than a toilet seat! And if you're not careful, those germs can make it onto your dishes, your drinking glasses, and your countertops.

Fortunately, the best way to decontaminate a sponge is also the easiest. Just rinse it, wring it out, and microwave it for 30 to 60 seconds. The microwave will kill those nasty germs dead.

I am really happy to have your suggestions. I live alone in my house and being health consious love to clean my home regularly. I need you help if you can guide me how to clean oven properly as it is getting bad and bad. I am using cleaners but still not able to get right results. Please help me out

Edited by Johnmichelsr

Posted · Report post

I have always put my used sponge in the dishwasher to sterilize it....... :whistling:

Posted · Report post

I use alternatives to sponges.

Posted · Report post

I am really happy to have your suggestions. I live alone in my house and being health consious love to clean my home regularly. I need you help if you can guide me how to clean oven properly as it is getting bad and bad. I am using cleaners but still not able to get right results. Please help me out

A good way to clean your stove (oven) microwave is to get a spray bottle and put in about 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a cup of water, shake till baking soda is dissolved completely. You can put more baking soda in, if necessary. But you don't want too much as it will clog the sprayer.

spray the entire inside of oven let it dry, apply another coat and again let it dry, as it dries, it will loosen the baked on grease, and food. Once its dry, take a damp sponge and wipe clean. You may need to repeat process a few times, but your oven will come clean. I have used this method, and was pleasantly surprised how clean I got my oven.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0