christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Does God really love everyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

livforhim

livforhim
  • Members
  • 11 posts
i believe that God hates sin, but loves the sinner.

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts
There is only one truth and Jesus said He was it. He said, "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me." And Yes God loves everyone. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that who so ever believes in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life. I don't believe anyone was predestioned to hell excet as scripture says, Judas, the son of perdition and that was so scripture could be fullfilled. John 17:21. We make our own decision. We have been given a free will to say yes or no. So I guess in all of this I"m saying Yes God loves us all and I"m thankful He does.

John 14 6

John 14 6
  • Members
  • 6 posts
yes He loves everyone

Terra7

Terra7
  • Banned
  • 42 posts
Sin is that which God hates and those who commit sin (without regret) are those who God hates -but it is your heart ,your true heart that God see`s for he knows your sorrows -your heart betrays you -it speaks direct to God on its own to reveal your deepest desires to God for good or evil . Baring that in mind to strengthen your mind with the holy word gives added strength to your spirit to control your wondering heart .

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
Yes, he loves even people that I probably sure wouldn't love: like money hungry celebs, for example. But maybe God wants me to pray for them too. They just might have a change of heart ;). Like Terra7 said, sin, not the person, is what God really hates.

jeffreynaylor2009

jeffreynaylor2009
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Not only does God love all of us, it is his plan that not ONE single man, woman or child should perish without the opportunity to accept the grace of His salvation.

CaliforniaJosiah

CaliforniaJosiah
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Romans 9:13 -- "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

This does not sound like God loved Esau. Most religion including Christianity teaches that God loves everyone but I am not at all confused about what the word "hate" means.

Does God hate?

Dan

I think God loved BOTH.

But God did not approve of Esau. To "hate" is IMO the opposite of to like, to approve.

When I was a boy (and maybe since, lol) my parents have often loved and hated me. They may have been very disappointed with me, very angry with me - but would give me their kidney in a heart beat, lol.

Pax

- Josiah

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

This does not sound like God loved Esau. Most religion including Christianity teaches that God loves everyone but I am not at all confused about what the word "hate" means.

Does God hate?

Dan

I think we look at the word hate through our glasses.
When we think of hate we think of possibly vengeance, embitterment, or at least disappointment. With us it is a failure to meet a desired expectation.
God is omniscient, omnipotent he has no shortfalls or disappointments, no axe to grind. He speaks and it is.
I understand hate from that perspective more of a lack of kinship or representation.
God is love, he is the creator - life. Everything he does it just moves things one step higher and he can use what ever means he has a mind to, even Satan's best efforts.

God bless

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts
God loving Jacob and hating Esau has nothing to do with human emotions of love and hate.It has everything to do with God choosing one man and his descendants and rejecting another man and his discendants.Esau's descentants brought God's curse upon themselves.

bibleknowledge

bibleknowledge
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Yes, God certainly loves everyone. This is affirmed by John 3:16 stating "For God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Isn't this enough to prove of God's love.

God created man according to His likeness because of His love. He sent His Son to save us from sins because He loves us. God never hates a person, He loves everyone even the sinners, even those who despise Him. He hates the sins we do, not us!

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,638 posts

Does God hate?

Dan

It might help to read the whole chapter and not just on verse out of context. With any reading of scripture context is very important. Does the verse mean God hated Esau some will say yes because it is written their in plan sight. I disagree. What I am seeing is Paul making a point about who God chooses and that he has the right to choose.  There is also a theme that seems to be saying that the Abraham's children has never been about physical descent. And that God chose Jacob not Esau without regard to any human effort.

Just to point out that the original post that you are replying to was from a guest back in 2009, so it is a good bet that you will not get an answer from them

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

God loves everyone in the whole world John 3:16;1John 2:2;Romans 5:8.It is a fact that God is a God of love 1John 4:8,16.

But it does not mean that He will ignore sin.God is also a God of justice 2Thessalonians 1:6.Sin cannot go unpunished forever Romans3:25-26.

questioner2

questioner2
  • Members
  • 15 posts

It's quite possible that God can love and hate someone at the same time.  He loves because that is who he is.  He hates people (such as Esau) because they will not be separated from their sin and he hates their sin.  But He loves them too.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

God does not hate anyone.But He hates sin.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network