JCISGD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that it is possible but that it is a process.

People who believe in instantaneous sanctification and holiness find it difficult to explain why this is not the reality in their lives and also the lives of everyone

else, including the apostles. I have met people who are far advanced on this journey and I am pleased to say that the Lord has greatly changed my life as well

(To Him be all the glory), but I am not perfect and without sin. How I wish I could be! Part of why I am so in love with Jesus Christ is His amazing patience with

me. He loves me despite of my imperfections. Because of His love I so strive to be holy and to love others despite thier imperfections. I think the following

explains best what I believe.

Php 3:7-14

But whatever things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

But no, rather, I also count all things to be loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my

Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them to be dung, so that I may win

Christ and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness, which is of the Law, but through the faith

of Christ, the righteousness of God by faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and

the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable to His death; if by any means I might attain to

the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect, but I am

pressing on, if I may lay hold of that for which I also was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.

My brothers, I do not count myself to have taken possession, but one thing I do, forgetting the things

behind and reaching forward to the things before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high

calling of God in Christ Jesus.

With love

Adriaan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Adriaan, i see your points, but cant agree as they are among the points i believe keep us from experiencing I/S. Although i dont have it yet i know it is not by works so i am disturbed by my lack, only encouraged that God can and will do it.

You said yourself that you wished you were "perfect and without sin",is this not by the leading of H/S?

I think you are putting faith in your ability rather than Gods. Why i say this is that, if it is a process and as people think, that even Paul said he had sin then it is highly unlikely any of us can obtain it either.

But if it is a work of God and instantaneous, we can and should hope for it. I have previously posted some proofs of those who have recieved it, and i only persist in my stance as i know we are missing out on so much. Having said that maybe i should be focusing on getting it myself, but even so if i can prove to others their what theyre missing on my way, i will not be ashamed that i kept silent when i had opportunity to speak.

In love.

Arthur.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

Adriaan, i see your points, but cant agree as they are among the points i believe keep us from experiencing I/S. Although i dont have it yet i know it is not by works so i am disturbed by my lack, only encouraged that God can and will do it.

You said yourself that you wished you were "perfect and without sin",is this not by the leading of H/S?

I think you are putting faith in your ability rather than Gods. Why i say this is that, if it is a process and as people think, that even Paul said he had sin then it is highly unlikely any of us can obtain it either.

But if it is a work of God and instantaneous, we can and should hope for it. I have previously posted some proofs of those who have recieved it, and i only persist in my stance as i know we are missing out on so much. Having said that maybe i should be focusing on getting it myself, but even so if i can prove to others their what theyre missing on my way, i will not be ashamed that i kept silent when i had opportunity to speak.

In love.

Arthur.

Arthur,

We are actually in agreement in that we both want the fullness of Jesus Christ manifested in our lives. Let us agree that just like everything else that exist,

our lives and times are in His hands. What wonderful hands we are in!!! Those are the Hands I fully trust.

And for our quest, let us love Him with all we got and serve Him with all we got.

May the Lord richly bless and guide you.

Maranatha

Adriaan

hi Adriaan, yes we have much to agree on, esp the end goal as you say.

I am sorry that i have not been able to convey to others the truth of what im saying here, as iwhile it does not affect salvation it really is a difference like night and day.

Peace in Christ,

Arthur.

• 1 month later...
Guest Uncle Bert

These old posts need to be resurrected unto the "Truth"

First of all dead men don't sin!

If you don't believe me put a dead man in your recliner in front

of a TV with a six pack and a remote and tell him you got the playboy channel.

I promise you, if you leave him there and come back later he will have never popped a

top or even touched the remote much less went to the smut channel. "Dead men don't sin!"

Colossians 3:

3 For Ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Now when it comes to the question of holiness & sanctification being instant or process my mortal minded believers I assure you it is as instant as you believing that Jesus Christ the Son of God himself is holy and sanctified.

John 17:

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou has sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one even as we are one.

Now in light of the very words of our Lord; you my mortal minded friends should you accept Christ in his fullness and become one with him you are sanctified, holy, yes and perfect for this and much more are the attributes of the "Holy Trinity" you've entered this eternal and glorious union with.

Now should you find this hard to believe and you will if you rely on your mortal faith my mortal minded friends for let me remind you that dead men not only don't sin but dead men also have no faith.

Oh that you would become one with the Lord and turn your back on the dead and live eternally the very righteousness of God through Christ trusting all unto his perfect faith.

Galatians 2

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Now brethren enough of the bickering of doctrine. Let us be one in the most perfect faith of the Son of God and make haste with the gospel to the perishing for judgment and wrath abide on them.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Hi JCISGD or anyone here

I would like to continue the discussion and present myself as someone who has been entirely sanctified and therefore in agrement with all that brother JCISGD says and would be happy to answer any objections put respectfully, and answered respectfully as we all seek to know the truth in our worship of a great and mighty God.

Faith To Faith

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 1:17

Confession To Confession

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:8-10

We Trust Our LORD

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

To Keep Us

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

Holy

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 17:15-26

Glory! Glory! Glory! To The Lamb Of God

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Revelation 5:12

My LORD And My God

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:11

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:3-4

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luke 9:23

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Faith To Faith

Confession To Confession

We Trust Our LORD

To Keep Us

Holy

Glory! Glory! Glory! To The Lamb Of God

My LORD And My God

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thanks Joe :th_praying:

You sister Brenda

hi Brenda i tried to send you a pm, but i was unable due to error. It is very sad that Christians on the whole reject Instantaneous and entire sanctification, and it is i think the reason the Church is so limited in the great commision. If Christians would just remain open minded and let go of their "sacred cows" and false idols we would see revival.

While not wanting to be antagonistic i do hope we can stir some new interest on this topic and glorify Jesus in His power to redeem fully.

God bless,

Arthur.

.... If Christians would just remain open minded and let go of their "sacred cows" and false idols we would see revival ....

One Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6

One WORD

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

One LORD

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 12:10-12

And No Sacred Cows

For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

Exodus 32:23-24

Be Blessed Beloved OF The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe