• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Yes I am wondering if I am condemn to being single the rest of my life. I can't tell you how tired I'm of hearing married people (who mean to give good advice), telling me they wish they were single and than quoting I Corthians 7:32-33. No doubt God does love me but I sure don't feel it. Condemnation is all I feel right now, to be given a desire, but at my age facts are facts barring a miracle I am condemn to being single. My greatest prayer request since coming to Christ is just a plain flat no. And this from a mercilful God. Oh how I find it so hard to pray to God for anything. So am I condemned by God? What did Solomon say, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22) If nothing else I have not found this favour with God. If any singles or someone who was single in this kind of situation could gave me some helpful advice I would be grateful.

Will I am feeling under the weather, just got off work (overnights), so I going to try to go to sleep. But I will check in tomorrow.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Paul,

One of the greatest Blessings God ever gave me was my husband. I had been in a long-time abusive marriage to a man who was not a Christian. I promised I would never marry again if I could just be free of this awful situation, I divorced him. Four years later, I met a wonderful Christian man who adored my children and me. He has been such a wonderful blessing in our lives and we are so happy. We've been married since 1997. I feel closer to the Lord and it is such a great blessing to have someone to pray with and share my joy of God with. I just wanted to share my story - in a nutshell... God Bless you Paul.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Patience brother, put your request before the Lord. Walk in obedience to the Word and leave the whole wife finding thing on the back burner for now. In His good time, the Lord will make a way friend, He always does. I am single as well, I have dated here and there and sometimes I can get lonely too. There have been times when I wanted a wife that I could pray with and share scripture with, everything really. I understand how you feel, but I would rather wait on the Lord than to dig for myself, imo. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I was single for longer than most people, and Paul, I can tell you that right now I thank God for unanswered prayer. Why do I say that? Well, God had a reason for me to remain single....a job that would have been very hard to do if I had been married. I was able to take care of three people who I loved dearly while they were very sick. After two of these people had died, I rebelled and decided to take matters into my own hands. I met a man that I prayed God would allow me to marry. Thank God He said "NO". Then I met another man who I also prayed I would marry. Again I thank God that He said "NO". Well, I did meet a man when I was in my mid 30's and God said "Yes". This man helped me take care of my Grandfather while he was dying and we have been happily married for almost 21 years now. I am so thankful that God told me no when He did.

So, my advice is to be about the Father's business now, keep looking for that person who God has for you, and thank Him for (what we see as) unanswered prayer.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Don't be in such a rush. Being hasty while seeking a life time relationship my cause you to make the wrong decision and marry someone who God did not intend for you to marry. Finding yourself in a marriage that was wrong in the first place, but only discovered later, can cause a whole lot of pain to everyone, including you questioning your faith. Be patient, my friend.

Psalm 40:1

I waited patiently for the LORD;And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.

Ecclesiastes 7:8

The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Hebrews 6:15

And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Yes I am wondering if I am condemn to being single the rest of my life. I can't tell you how tired I'm of hearing married people (who mean to give good advice), telling me they wish they were single and than quoting I Corthians 7:32-33. No doubt God does love me but I sure don't feel it. Condemnation is all I feel right now, to be given a desire, but at my age facts are facts barring a miracle I am condemn to being single. My greatest prayer request since coming to Christ is just a plain flat no. And this from a mercilful God. Oh how I find it so hard to pray to God for anything. So am I condemned by God? What did Solomon say, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22) If nothing else I have not found this favour with God. If any singles or someone who was single in this kind of situation could gave me some helpful advice I would be grateful.

Will I am feeling under the weather, just got off work (overnights), so I going to try to go to sleep. But I will check in tomorrow.

Celebrate your being single and your freedom and thank God for it! Imagine all the possibilities and things you can do being single, the free time you have, the places you can go without dragging around a ball and chain,the freedom from constant interrogation and scrutiny, and the freedom from constant bickering ,fighting ,and nagging that I see all married people engaged in.I drop down on my knees and thank God every day that i never made the mistake of getting married.

Guest LadyC

i think it is offensive that ANY married christian would tell you how they wish they could be single while quoting scripture in defense of their comments. apparently those who do so are unhappy in their marriages and are using God as a way of them justifying wanting out.

anyway... it's difficult when you are lonely to "celebrate" being single, and when you want a mate, that ball and chain that shiloh just describes sounds like the best thing in the world. so i'm not going to tell you to celebrate anything.

but i will tell you what i learned from personal experience and from the experiences of others i know. it is when we learn to be content with being single and, more importantly, content to focus on God as our primary relationship in life, that God is most likely to bring you a life partner.

my pastor made the comment the other day that whatever it is we spend the majority of our time thinking about, that is our god. do you focus more on your desire to be married than you do on your desire to walk with Christ? i'm asking that so you'll have food for thought, not because i expect an answer. but consider this... if that is what you focus on, then you're missing out on a lot of the joys God wants you to experience! it's not because God doesn't want you to experience the joy of marriage, but He wants you to experience total freedom in Him first! besides, if you get too impatient for marriage, you're more likely to choose your own mate instead of waiting for God to bring you the woman that He has in store for you.

so why can't God bring that person to you right now? it may very well be that at this point in time, one or both of you is not yet spiritually or emotionally ready for each other, and He is preparing you both to be the best husband/wife to each other that you can be.

try looking at it from that perspective... instead of feeling condemned, believe that God is preparing your wife for your wedding day.

Celebrate your being single and your freedom and thank God for it! Imagine all the possibilities and things you can do being single, the free time you have, the places you can go without dragging around a ball and chain,the freedom from constant interrogation and scrutiny, and the freedom from constant bickering ,fighting ,and nagging that I see all married people engaged in.I drop down on my knees and thank God every day that i never made the mistake of getting married.

:emot-highfive:

shiloh? i dont know what you are thinking saying those things about how awful marriage is.

i am so happily married and we never raise our voice to one another and we are best friends as well. so lets just say some marriages are bad ok? cuz i am so very happily married and my hubby is as well-you can even ask him.

dont make it sound like all marriages are awful ok? that isnt fair to do to someone who is truly looking for advice on the issue.

lv yr HAPPILY MARRIED sis in christ

manie

OK manie,these are only my experiences folks-

:emot-highfive:

shiloh? i dont know what you are thinking saying those things about how awful marriage is.

i am so happily married and we never raise our voice to one another and we are best friends as well. so lets just say some marriages are bad ok? cuz i am so very happily married and my hubby is as well-you can even ask him.

dont make it sound like all marriages are awful ok? that isnt fair to do to someone who is truly looking for advice on the issue.

lv yr HAPPILY MARRIED sis in christ

manie

OK manie,these are only my experiences folks-

Personally though, and this is just me, I feel that if I were to marry, I would have to divide my attention between God and a wife, and would lose a lot of quality time there. But thats just me.

Guest LadyC

you would, shiloh. which is why paul makes it so clear that while it's a great thing to be single, not many people are able to stay single for life. and that's NOT a bad thing! God didn't create us to be without a mate. the ability to serve God and not long for a mate is a very special gift that not many are bestowed with.