• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings ,

I want to discuss the meaning of the "wheels" of the throne.(so called "Ezekiel's wheels" ) I will be posting some excerpts from a book of mine.

Introduction

There are descriptions recorded by the prophets that provide rare glimpses into heaven itself. Ezekiel, Daniel, the apostle John, and others saw these visions. They offer a lens, as it were, to "look" into the celestial unknown. These heavenly spiritual concepts are typically described in metaphors. This imagery uses earthly things as types and shadows whereby the Lord communicates to us of heavenly things, and specifically, in this case, God's throne.

The words used in the imagery eventually fall short and stretch us to the limits of our imagination, invoking many questions.

Why is the Lord enthroned between the cherubim as the Scripture states on a number of occasions? What do the wheels signify beside the cherubim in Ezekiel's vision and beside the throne in Daniel's dream? For ages God's throne, the cherubim, and the wheels beside them have posed a mystery. The ancient Hebrews prohibited its discussion in public and its teaching was restricted to a very few initiates. The early and medieval Church seem to have gone in the other direction and produced fanciful embellishments and excessive allegorizing on the subject.

The subject is usually delegated as one of those subjects in the Bible that many believers think is not important because it does not seem relevant to the New Testament. However, consider this: When Christ proclaimed his final claim of Deity to an unbelieving generation, He said: " I am,... and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62). He was referencing Daniel's vision and that throne was a throne with fiery wheels (Dan. 7:9,13)

Regarding the wheels, there has been much curiosity and oft-repeated interpretations (i.e. UFOs/aliens, the planetary orbits, God's providence, sovereignty, etc.) However, rarely is solid evidence from the Scripture offered as proof or a method shown as to how the conclusions were formed.

So, what do the wheels in Ezekiel's vision and the throne in Daniel's dream really mean ? How can it be proven from scripture ?

Thank you,

G.Thomas Windsor (UpwardCall.net)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

What do you mean 'proven'? Daniel saw it. So did Ezekiel and both wrote about it. Unless you get taken up to heaven and see them yourself - it comes down to believing or disbelieving they actually saw what they said they saw.

" I am,... and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62). He was referencing Daniel's vision and that throne was a throne with fiery wheels (Dan. 7:9,13)

I can't see any evidence that Mark was referencing Daniels vision in that either. Mark was just saying that Jesus (who sits at the right hand of God the father) is returning on the clouds of heaven.

Hope that helps.

What do you mean 'proven'? Daniel saw it. So did Ezekiel and both wrote about it. Unless you get taken up to heaven and see them yourself - it comes down to believing or disbelieving they actually saw what they said they saw.

" I am,... and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62). He was referencing Daniel's vision and that throne was a throne with fiery wheels (Dan. 7:9,13)

I can't see any evidence that Mark was referencing Daniels vision in that either. Mark was just saying that Jesus (who sits at the right hand of God the father) is returning on the clouds of heaven.

Hope that helps.

Greetings ,

I meant what is the meaning of the wheels and can it proven . As to the Mark 14 quote , (that phrase-"Son of Man" /at the right hand of the Mighty One , " coming on the clouds of heaven" )it is the only time in the OT these 2 concepts are directly spoken of . Also , the Son of man in Daniel is given worship ( isn't that why they said "blasphemy ! " in Marks account )

Thanks ,

Tom

Edited by tomwindsor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Doctrinal Questions

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

So, what do the wheels in Ezekiel's vision and the throne in Daniel's dream really mean ? How can it be proven from scripture ?

Thank you,

You need to study, Ezekiel 1:15-28 Then go to chapter 10:1-21 your question is in this chapter........

Ezekiel 10:20--"This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river Chebar; and I knew that "THEY" were the "CHERUBIMS"

Then you need to add this to your study Rev 4:7-11 the whole chapter is a good study

OC

Thank you,

You need to study, Ezekiel 1:15-28 Then go to chapter 10:1-21 your question is in this chapter........

Ezekiel 10:20--"This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river Chebar; and I knew that "THEY" were the "CHERUBIMS"

Then you need to add this to your study Rev 4:7-11 the whole chapter is a good study

OC

Greetings ,

Though the wheels are associated with the cherubim , they aren't one and the same .

Some background on the cherubim (from the book )

Four Living Creatures:

Their appearance is in the form of men, but each have four faces and wings. Each have the face of a man, an eagle, a lion, and an ox (respectively). These creatures move about and have wheels beside each of them. They are identified as the cherubim (Ezek.10:21). We further read that the glory of the Lord (in human form) is enthroned upon them.

Cherubim were historically thought of as God

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Thank you,

OC

Greetings ,

Though the wheels are associated with the cherubim , they aren't one and the same .

Four Living Creatures:

Their appearance is in the form of men, but each have four faces and wings. Each have the face of a man, an eagle, a lion, and an ox (respectively). These creatures move about and have wheels beside each of them. They are identified as the cherubim (Ezek.10:21). We further read that the glory of the Lord (in human form) is enthroned upon them.

Thank you,

OC

Greetings ,

Four Living Creatures:

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Greetings Ovedya ,

Thanks for your question .

First, let me say the book is free, both online and in paperback for those interested.

I am trying to get biblical feedback ( " test all things " ) and respond to posts concerning this often misunderstood subject . I believe thats what Ive done so far , if I'm not mistaken.

God's grace to you ,

Tom

Thanks. Just needed that clarification. :huh:

• 7 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 4/14/2009 at 10:21 AM, tomwindsor said:

First we have to think: what is the throne of the Eternal?

In ascending, John finds himself in the room of the heavenly throne (as in Isaiah 6:1-5, Ezek 1, Acts 7.56). Notice that the sanctuary is opened twice (Rev 11.19; 15.5). Now, what was the difference between the throne room and the sanctuary? After all, the Lord is praised and worshiped in the throne room and the tabernacle was a place where the lamb's blood was taken in mercy for our sins:

o   “The LORD [ is ] in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne [ is ] in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.” (Psalms 11.4);

o   “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, [ even ] into his ears.” (Psalms 18.6).

o   “The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of [ his ] glory.” (Psalms 19.9).

And whether it be in the temple or the throne, in both places it is possible to hear the sweet but powerful voice of the Eternal. But the question is, are we prepared to hear it (John 16:12)? It is of no avail to the throne of the Eternal to have wheels to move quickly to us and to hear us, making the place where we are His sanctuary (see Exodus 3.5 Joshua 5:15 Matthew 6: 6) if there is no place in us for the faith of Jesus (Luke 18: 8; Galatians 2:20).

Edited by Leonardo Von