mari19

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I posted alot of "welcomes" to be able to post here. Someone said I have to have 10 posts before I can make one.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel like there is something missing? I mean I have a good job, and friends, but it feels like something is missing from my life. I cant seem to find the "key" no matter what I try. Ive tried EVERYTHING to fill the huge void but I cant figure out what it is. Is there something I need to be doing? Am I not living right? I feel like after being on this site for a few weeks, I feel like maybe, IM not living right. I do good things, Im not a bad person, I dont drink, party, or any of that stuff. I dont know, maybe this all sounds really weird to everyone else. Just thought I would put it out there.

Thanks for listening.

Mari

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

Have you ever accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour?

Love Cecee :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Have you prayed to God for help and guideance? Many non-believers are good people who don't drink or smoke and give to charities, etc. You say you feel something is missing and I have a feeling if you are not a believer in God, He may be reaching out to you. Or you may deep inside feel your need for God and His Son. As Cecee asked have you acknowledged your need for God and Christ in your life? If not then perhaps this is what you are truly missing.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Mari,

I'm glad you are here and before I really started my walk with The Lord, I felt something was 'missing' too. As you learn and pray and grow and fellowship with Christians - you will feel something change in you - a yearning to be more like Christ. A deep need to live your life the way God wants us to live. Keep your focus on Him - pray for guidance and direction in your life - Pray that His Holy Spirit touches you and fills your emptiness. God is always faithful and always there - He Loves You. God Bless You!!

Guest amigofiel_1
I posted alot of "welcomes" to be able to post here. Someone said I have to have 10 posts before I can make one.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel like there is something missing? I mean I have a good job, and friends, but it feels like something is missing from my life. I cant seem to find the "key" no matter what I try. Ive tried EVERYTHING to fill the huge void but I cant figure out what it is. Is there something I need to be doing? Am I not living right? I feel like after being on this site for a few weeks, I feel like maybe, IM not living right. I do good things, Im not a bad person, I dont drink, party, or any of that stuff. I dont know, maybe this all sounds really weird to everyone else. Just thought I would put it out there.

Thanks for listening.

Mari

:emot-hug: Hola Mari, "a plan and a purpose for your life" we all have heard this quote many times but how many of us have realy understud its meaning or the implication it has for our lives. they may be a few times in our lives that we feel an emtyness like something is missing. this sould be or is the perfect time to remember that He said "be still and know that I am God" its not about judgeing our sleves to see if we are living right... many time the void is only God expanding your spiritual person makin it ready for someting great an explosion of Gods own grace in your life amen. in the mean time what can you do? always pray "pray always pray", be faithfull to you atendance to church an the fellowship of the saints, never stop worshiping God always have a word of praise on your lips. doing these things an others will fill that emty spot. ask God and the Holy Spirit will surely guide you alll the way thats his Jod realy.

Thanks for sharing you heart hope we can be a blessing to you always

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Accept God.Accept Jesus.Ask forgivness for all your sins of the past.

Pray and thank God and Jesus everyday.

Then the emptiness goes away and you feel the love of God and Jesus invading you.

It is a love that is wonderful.

blessings

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

Every group, tribe, realm, kingdom and society since the dawn of time has been governed by someone. The subjects forced to adhear to the rulers decrees. The question is, Who rules us today? What kind of people? what are their values and beliefs which they force upon us?

Their ideas inculcated either by decree of law or by more subtle means of winning hearts and minds.

We are born into a Secular World. Trained and conditioned by Secular institutions.

Of course you 'feel' the way you do. That's exactally what the social engineers want you to feel.

To make us dependant upon them. Dependant upon externals to fulfill an internal desire.

Secular values. Values are transitory according to the fashion of the times.

Spritual morals. Morals are absolute from society to society, from age to age.

Secular is the facade built upon the foundation of Spiritual truths.

Anthropology. The scientific study of the origin, the behavior, and the physical, social, and cultural development of humans from time immemorial.

Sociology. The study of human social behavior, especially the study of the origins, organization, institutions, and development of human society.

The connections to our past, our connection to the earth and our connections to one another have been replaced by ego-centric, self-centered materialistic consumerism wherein the powers that be, the ruling elete, breed a dumbed-down, drugged-up society of mindless, obedient, unquestioning corperate drones, clueless to who and what they truely are so they will look to them for guidance, direction and meaning.

Anyway. The most High God, Jehovah gives much wisdom on how one can sucuessfully conduct oneself through His Word. God promises, in many ways, that if we seek His face, He will reveal Himself to us. Knock and it shall be opened, seek and ye shall find. Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you, etc and such.

The fact your searching indicates your being awakened and drawn.

Now, if only we could stop tripping over the preconceptions inculcated by social conditioning.

~ my two cents.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

Thanks for listening.

Mari

Dear Mari,

What you have said doesn't sound weird to me at all. I was once there too. My thinking may not have the same as yours is today but I was one who always said..."Well, if I can just get that job, I'll be happy" or If I have so much money in my savings, I'll be happy. Well, low and behold I obtained all the things I thought would make me happy yet something inside me was missing something. It's honestly enough to drive someone into depression.

After some time though, I heard the gospel of Jesus. I accepted Him into my life. I did not have some miraculous change of heart like so many do or claim. Actually, it went the opposite way for me. I read my bible like someone was about to take it from me. Yet, because of my own wicked ways, I never used the bible to change myself. When I read about certain characteristics...I would say, wow, I know someone like that...they are doing wrong. I would use the bible to judge others.

After that, God got ahold of me and showed me that the bible was like a mirror. Before we even open it, we need to see how the bible can be used to change ourselves. Once I started doing this, my relationship with God was incredible. No matter how much or little I had, I glorified Him and was full. I found joy in soooo many things and was in a constant state of happiness. People who knew me would even note the change in me...I would give my testimony to them and they would ask for bibles. Im not sure what's happen to many of them, but I know I planted a seed.

I'm not sure of your life nor do I judge your heart. But in love I say, expand your relationship with Him. repent of your sins if you haven't and speak with God on a regular basis...trust me, it will change your life. Take care and I wish you well.

with love in Christ.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

Yea, hey. Sorry. Sometimes my words preceed my thoughts and my ideas come out rather inarticulate and inconsise.

It just seems kind of flippant and trite to answer, Accept Jesus. You know, like, what does that mean?

I say, one must first understand oneself. One's humanity, what it means to be human. An it seem to me that to best understand that, one must understand human inclinations and proclivities against the backdrop of ancient history and ancient wisdom. How did people do things back then, what has worked, what has been left in the dust bin of bad ideas.

What have been the universal constants of human behaviors and interactions that have proven sucuessful over the years.

Then, compare the ancient ways to the post industrial revolution, post modernist, humanist mindset inwhich we are immersed within today.

One can not fully understand oneself until one understands human proclivities as a whole.

One can not know where one is going until one understand where one has been, so to speak.

Only then, when one attains a deeper understanding of the base aspects of daily life, can one turns ones attentions to the higher, more profound esoteric matters such as how we relate to the Creator God.

There is little precious truth in the modern secular post humanist mindset.

The tricks and tactics our modern overseers employ to subjugate and control the vulgaris mobile are nothing new or extraordinary, the very same techniques for controling populations were used in Sumer-Babylon, Egypt, Greece, Rome, Brittania and now this very day except today, ideas move at the speed of light.

See, nothing new under the sun. 'Tis only new in our minds, which btw, are corrupted by design and therefore, the thing we use to reason is untrustworthy.

Anyway, sorry so longwinded, but there are no simple answers to complex questions.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Birthday:  04/13/1948

Mari, thank God that you're being honest and asking for help. We will be praying for you.

May I suggest to you what helps me daily... simply this:

I try each morning to start my day off, first thing, to get alone with God (in a quiet room if possible away from phones and family). I have my KJV Bible open and I ask Jesus to help me, as His Child, to understand what I read out of Bible and to apply it in my ever day walk with Him.

I spend time praying to Him, giving thanks for His Guidance, and asking Him for certain personal needs sometimes. The Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." As you read your Bible and pray, Faith automatically starts building in you.

I don't know my friend, if you've ever ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you, forgiving you of your sins and washing you white as snow in the Blood of the Lamb?

If you are a Christian, you understand what I mean. If you've never been saved however, right now, just simply "ask" Jesus to forgive all your sins you've ever comitted and save you. You do not have to repeat every sin you've ever done. Just talk to God as you'd talk to your best friend, and ask Him to take your sins away and make you clean. He will immediately, if you're sincere.

Read John 3:16 right now if you have a Bible... or here it is, right here:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Simply take Him at His Word even as a little child would their Dad and Mom.

Also, feelings are deceiving. It is not how you feel outwardly, but just believe that God loves you with "all His heart" and wants to help you (He does!) and that you can run to Him any time you need to for help and comfort, and encouragement.

Right now Mari, talk to Jesus and let Him talk to you. We're praying for you and if any of us can help you, please don't hesitate to let us know. God Bless You my friend.