Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheChief

Strange *coughSoutherncough* Fried Chicken

Guest TheChief

Cut-up chicken dredged in buttermilk and seasoned flour, then deep fried to perfection.

INGREDIENTS:

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon seasoned salt

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper

2 eggs

4 cups buttermilk

1 cup barbeque sauce

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon steak sauce

1 whole chicken, cut into pieces

2 cups oil for frying

DIRECTIONS:

In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce.

Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice. Heat oil in a large, deep-sided skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side.

Where did you get that recipe Chief? Never made southern fried chicken that way, is it good?

this sounds interesting chief...maybe i will try it too...any seafood recipe?

south :emot-heartbeat:

Cut-up chicken dredged in buttermilk and seasoned flour, then deep fried to perfection.

INGREDIENTS:

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon seasoned salt

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper

2 eggs

4 cups buttermilk

1 cup barbeque sauce

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon steak sauce

1 whole chicken, cut into pieces

2 cups oil for frying

DIRECTIONS:

In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce.

Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice. Heat oil in a large, deep-sided skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side.

I grew up in the South and have ate more than my share of fried chicken. I have never heard of such a strange recipe for fried chicken.

It may be good, but it is not traditional.

A better name might be Southern Fried Chicken Plus.

:emot-heartbeat:

I grew up in the South and have ate more than my share of fried chicken. I have never heard of such a strange recipe for fried chicken.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you taste CAN and WILL go straight to your hips! :emot-heartbeat:

Guest TheChief

I am a 53 year old North Carolinian, born in VA and lived my entire life (except for deployments) in the South. I am sure you have your own way of doing things; if you think this is "strange," perhaps I should be posting recipes for chitlins, possum, fatback, poke salad, tripe, (all of which I have had and prepare) and other such delicacies so we can remain within the "tradition" of Southern cooking.

You have recipes, feel free to post, otherwise take what you want and leave the rest...

I have changed the recipe name so as not to offend "traditionalists."

If people really looked at what into their meals, the vast majority would be surprised....

I am a 53 year old North Carolinian, born in VA and lived my entire life (except for deployments) in the South. I am sure you have your own way of doing things; if you think this is "strange," perhaps I should be posting recipes for chitlins, possum, fatback, poke salad, tripe, (all of which I have had and prepare) and other such delicacies so we can remain within the "tradition" of Southern cooking.

You have recipes, feel free to post, otherwise take what you want and leave the rest...

No need to be offended. I did say it may be good. Why post if you do not want discussion? Obviously I am not the only one on here who has never had or prepared Southern Fried Chicken this way.

Have a great evening. :wub:

I think it sounds divine!! I'm just trying to figure out how to do it completely gluten-free!!! You have never put a bad recipe on here Chief - I am gonna try this... :thumbsup:

No need to be offended. I did say it may be good. Why post if you do not want discussion? Obviously I am not the only one on here who has never had or prepared Southern Fried Chicken this way.

Have a great evening. :)

I think it sounds divine!! I'm just trying to figure out how to do it completely gluten-free!!! You have never put a bad recipe on here Chief - I am gonna try this... :wub:

Actually it is delicious!!!!! I/ve made my fried chicken like this for years. The only difference is I never tried it with steak sauce. :thumbsup:

Have a great evening. :)

I think it sounds divine!! I'm just trying to figure out how to do it completely gluten-free!!! You have never put a bad recipe on here Chief - I am gonna try this... :wub:

Actually it is delicious!!!!! I/ve made my fried chicken like this for years. The only difference is I never tried it with steak sauce. :thumbsup:

It DOES sound good. Maybe it is Connecticutt Fried Chicken. LOL

Don't get upset Chief...it is only a friendly discussion and not important enough to get upset over. :)

Actually I just moved back to CT. last fall. I've lived in southern Fl. for 25 years.

Sorry not a Northern thing. They don't know how to do real chicken up here!!!!! :)

Sign in to follow this