Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheChief

Strange *coughSoutherncough* Fried Chicken

:thumbsup::wub::) Ya'll have GOT TO STOP TALKIN ABOUT FOOOD!! lol I'm a texan...so ESPECIALLY not the FRIED CHICKEN! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

I grew up in the South and have ate more than my share of fried chicken. I have never heard of such a strange recipe for fried chicken.

It may be good, but it is not traditional.

A better name might be Southern Fried Chicken Plus.

I am a 53 year old North Carolinian, born in VA and lived my entire life (except for deployments) in the South. I am sure you have your own way of doing things; if you think this is "strange," perhaps I should be posting recipes for chitlins, possum, fatback, poke salad, tripe, (all of which I have had and prepare) and other such delicacies so we can remain within the "tradition" of Southern cooking.

You have recipes, feel free to post, otherwise take what you want and leave the rest...

I have changed the recipe name so as not to offend "traditionalists."

No need to be offended. I did say it may be good. Why post if you do not want discussion? Obviously I am not the only one on here who has never had or prepared Southern Fried Chicken this way.

Have a great evening. :)

I think it sounds divine!! I'm just trying to figure out how to do it completely gluten-free!!! You have never put a bad recipe on here Chief - I am gonna try this... :wub:

:thumbsup: I've tried a couple of his recipes, haven't tried one yet that wasn't wonderful!

I heard Texas Ribs are legendary... never tried it though.. *dreams* one day in Dallas...

I heard Texas Ribs are legendary... never tried it though.. *dreams* one day in Dallas...

Blien, Blien, Blien... you've bought into the big "myth" about Texans knowing how to do "Bar-B-Que"..... it's alright. I think I've gotten to you in time and can get you to some places in Virginia and Carolina for some real "Q"...

It's okay...stick with me buddy!! :runforhills:

Blien, Blien, Blien... you've bought into the big "myth" about Texans knowing how to do "Bar-B-Que"..... it's alright. I think I've gotten to you in time and can get you to some places in Virginia and Carolina for some real "Q"...

It's okay...stick with me buddy!! :runforhills:

REAL bbq is in Tennessee! Don't believe a word she says blien, trust your big sister!

It's okay...stick with me buddy!! :laugh:

REAL bbq is in Tennessee! Don't believe a word she says blien, trust your big sister!

Blien, hey over here... listen sugar - there is something that resembles bbq in Tennessee at a place named Buddy's and when I'm there I'm polite and eat some... but the real BBQ is in Virginia and just over the line in North Carolina... I think anything but this real actual BBQ will be a cruel disappointment and may even damage your digestive tract - Scarlet is right on one thing - it ain't in Texas... :24:

Blien, hey over here... listen sugar - there is something that resembles bbq in Tennessee at a place named Buddy's and when I'm there I'm polite and eat some... but the real BBQ is in Virginia and just over the line in North Carolina... I think anything but this real actual BBQ will be a cruel disappointment and may even damage your digestive tract - Scarlet is right on one thing - it ain't in Texas... :24:

:24: some people are so misinformed! Come on down Blien I'll take you to Rendezvous!

:24: some people are so misinformed! Come on down Blien I'll take you to Rendezvous!

Blien, there are those to whom we must humor a bit... but if you have to think about how to spell it - it probably ain't real good "Q"... Now, as I said, Scarlet is absolutely right that the best "Q" around is going to be found in the South and I will go so far as to say some of it may have crept into the Volunteer State - but overall ... it's a little disappointing and I don't want you to be sad. I take good care of you when you come home to Virginia, Blien!!!

Sign in to follow this