• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

King James the First, Stuart King of England, who authorized the transliteration for a more accurate interpretation of Holy Writ into English, authored several works. One of which, 'Daemonolgie' is a treatise (longer, more academic, essay) on his findings and conclusions in the study of demonology and witchcraft practiced in England during his time.

This is critical and invaluable information to any Biblically literate, devoted Berean disciple who names the name of Christ.

Excerpt from Preface: [As an (sic)] Englishman not ashamed in publike print to deny, that ther can be such a thing as Witch-craft: and so mainteines the old error of the Sadducees, in denying of spirits" (1)

"My intention in this labour, is only to proue two things, as I haue alreadie said: the one, that such diuelish artes haue bene and are" (2)

Remember beloved, Blessed are your eyes.(Matt 13) The most High has set an impervious hedge about you that no sorcery or conjuring can penetrate; just ask Job, Daniel, David or Isaiah and the 450 prophets of Baal what power the dark arts have against the most High.

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 2 Corinthians 2:11

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6

[url=http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/kjd/kjd03.htm]D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Again, I ask: What business do the believers have in "combating evil spirits" or demons? The Lord set no precedence for us to go out and seek demons to combat them. Besides, this is more than a dangerous realm for the unequipped believer to engage in. No book written by human hands, absent the empowering transmission of the Triune God, would sufficiently equip any believer to enter into such a realm and combat demons. Putting on the "whole armor of God" is not for going into battle, it is for withstanding the enemy as he attacks us.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Again, I ask: What business do the believers have in "combating evil spirits" or demons? The Lord set no precedence for us to go out and seek demons to combat them. Besides, this is more than a dangerous realm for the unequipped believer to engage in. No book written by human hands, absent the empowering transmission of the Triune God, would sufficiently equip any believer to enter into such a realm and combat demons. Putting on the "whole armor of God" is not for going into battle, it is for withstanding the enemy as he attacks us.

Right

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

Well said!! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So how do you apply these verses?

Matt 10:8 - Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

**Can you cast out demons without combating them?

Matt. 16:8 - ...on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

**Gates are defensive structures not offensive ones. This statement implies the church in an offensive position.

2 Cor. 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

**Again, does this not imply offensive maneuvering?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Amen and amen :emot-hug::emot-hug:

IMO many christians tend to become arrogant when it comes to this kind of spiritual warfare.

Scripture says "Greater is He that is IN us, than he that is in the world."

Satan nor his demons fear any of us they DO have power and more than us. I have seen, heard and rebuked devils out of my life through the power of the H.S. but He led me to do it. I for one would not seek out demons to rebuke and fight, God has not called us to do that.

And about the time a christian goes outside their realm of authority to fight demons they will get their kister handed to them on a silver platter.

So how do you apply these verses?

Matt 10:8 - Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

**Can you cast out demons without combating them?

Matt. 16:8 - ...on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

**Gates are defensive structures not offensive ones. This statement implies the church in an offensive position.

2 Cor. 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

**Again, does this not imply offensive maneuvering?

My point was that we should not go out seeking demons, or seeking to combat demons. In the case of Matt. 10:8 this function is directly related to the proclamation of the Kingdom of God, or preaching the gospel of the Kingdom. Our primary function as believers is the proclamation of God's Kingdom, the other items are as secondary functions to that.

In fact, it's interesting that today I received my daily "E-Manna" on the topic of casting out demons. Here's what it said:

The possession of people by demons signifies Satan's usurpation of man, whom God created for His purpose. The Slave-Savior came to destroy the works of Satan (1 John 3:8), and the third thing He did as a part of His service to God was to cast out these demons from the possessed people (Mark 1:34,

39) so that they might be delivered from Satan's bondage (Luke 13:16), out of Satan's authority of darkness (Acts 26:18; Col.

1:13), into God's kingdom (Mark 1:15).

We need the power to cast out the satanic element used by the enemy to possess people in today's modern countries. Satan, the subtle serpent, is very clever, and he knows how to possess people in modern ways. In an uncultured country, he may use an uncultured means to possess people. But in a modern, cultured country, he will use modern, cultured means to usurp people. For example, in the leading colleges and universities, Satan will possess people in an intellectual way.

We cannot defeat the enemy's possession of mankind simply by ordinary preaching and teaching. In order to cast out today's demons, in our teaching and preaching we must have divine authority and power. This power and authority can be exercised only in the name of Jesus. Therefore, we need to call on the Lord's name and exercise divine authority in and through His name. If we do this, then in our preaching and teaching there will be power and authority to cast out the evil possessing element of the enemy.

I had actually opened the e-mail just after posting in this thread, and thought to myself "AARGH! What I wrote disagreed with this portion of the very ministry that I am under! Then I considered that last paragraph more carefully. Our real "offensive" is in our going forth to preach the gospel and to teach the nations. Naturally as a result we will have some opposition by the opposer. It is in that opposition that we are enabled to cast out demons. But take note that such a casting out is accomplished by our proclamation of the Kingdom. It is not a kind of ceremony or particular "mission" to go out and cast out demons.

With Regard to Matt. 16, yes gates are for defense. However, the rock is for foundation. The revelation that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is the foundation for the going forth to spread the gospel of the kingdom. The "gates of Hades" are the strongholds built up by Satan as the worldly elements and influences of this age (Eph. 2:2; 6:12), which is why the word is plural. As this gospel goes forth with this revelation, the gates of Hades, the strongholds, will not be able to prevail against it.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Good answer! :emot-hug:

Perhaps the confusion is in what we are thinking of "going forth" means.

Do I believe we should be going on a "demon-hunt"? No, of course not. And maybe this is what was in the forefront of your thinking with this?

Yet preaching the Gospel is offensive (not defensive) and as such going to battle against demons does become a part of that. No, it is not the focus, but it is a part of the day to day involvement.

Are we on the same page now? :emot-hug:

Putting on the "whole armor of God" is not for going into battle, it is for withstanding the enemy as he attacks us.

Actually the passage in Ephesians 6 is about going into battle.....but it is in the context of praying for those being persecuted for faith in Yeshua.

Good answer! :rain:

Perhaps the confusion is in what we are thinking of "going forth" means.

Do I believe we should be going on a "demon-hunt"? No, of course not. And maybe this is what was in the forefront of your thinking with this?

Yet preaching the Gospel is offensive (not defensive) and as such going to battle against demons does become a part of that. No, it is not the focus, but it is a part of the day to day involvement.

Are we on the same page now? :emot-hug:

Yes! :emot-hug:

That was exactly what I was getting at. :laugh: