• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

OK, before I post this.

I am not starting an arguement about ghosts, or my aunt saw my dead grandma hanging for a chandelier, or elvis is alive and living in Iraq. :whistling:

This is a serious question, and one I thought I would never, ever ask. Why? Because I am a straightforward, Jesus loving, church going, bible reading, knowledge hungry, God worshiping, believer. I don't bother myself with end times, denominational issues, etc. I just love Jesus and I do my human best to walk His walk, and do it in His light.

OK, eveybody got that?

Here's the problem. Short and sweet intro. We have a young woman working for one of our sub contractors (as such it is difficult for me to interfere in their staff management )- it's a contractual thing, lets call her Smiley (all her friends do). She has a supervisor. Lets call him Bruce. Bruce is at first sight a overly pleasing, if not slightly umm.. oily character who is very "busy" and self reliant.

Smiley is a woman of God, the finger of God is upon her. She is filled with Faith and lives under Grace. She is one of the few people I know who potrays my ideal of a believer on their walk. She sings in our church worship group, helps run youth, puts her 15 year old sister through school (both parents died of aids), and laughs with the love of Jesus constantly.

Bruce has, out of sight of everyone else, made her life, and her 5 co-workers, a living hell. He does not talk, he screams, he does not listen he screams. He writes at least 3 warnings a day for petty issues. He asks her to do unreasonable tasks, like walk to his office from where she works (about a mile and a half), when she gets there says, I have changed my mind, go back, she gets back and he calls her back again.

Smiley has leant on Jesus, she has taken all his abuse, and answered calmly and rationally (sometimes while in tears). He professess to be a christian, and screams at her all the time, "are you judging me", you don't know what a christian is, etc, etc. Forgive me, but as an example that would be the same as me saying to say Nebula, "I think you are an atheist", which we all know is as far from the truth as east is from west (sorry Neb, just an example! :ph34r: )

Most of the women I work with say he makes their skin crawl, even though he does not speak to them, and they don't know him they have a "feeling". On Monday he suspended Smiley for a computer software failure (umm we all know software fails, and at the time she was not even at work). He is now threatening dismisal. Thats not the point, I will assist her with legal defence fee's and we have enough on him to sink him - on my advice she has kept a written record of the abuse over the last three months.

Sorry for the long intro, I don't need advice on any of the above, it's just background. Here's where I need the advice, and as I say, I do not usually, or have ever made such a statement. Nor am I prophetic, and I usually don't dream weird dreams.

I, for the first time in my walk, sense evil. True and utter evil, not baby killing, bomb a hospital evil. This is raw, unadulterated, black, pulsating evil. I have never in my life, unsaved or saved, felt this naked, powerful, radiating evil. Secondly, my dreams, oh man, they are full of evil things like big snakes, etc. And again, no dream interpretations please! They are what they are and Jesus is sorting them out.

I think Bruce might be possessed.

(please, please, please, I am not the sort of person to say something like this lightly, nor without a lot of thought)

I don't know, never seen it before. But I know the feeling of cold dread I get when around him, as the evil I feel affects me. This is not just a unlikeble person, we all have them around us, this is different.

Questions. If he is possessed, can he hide it for long? Whats the motive behind the possession? What is my next step? (OK say pray, but I am praying constantly, alone because this seems just so far out, and people might think I am mad!)

Who is the attack (main one), going to be against? We are building a church here, as our home group has grown from 6 to 22 and more each week. I am the person Jesus has been using to do this, Bless His Holy Name.

Any ideas? Man, I did not want to post this. This is not a forum about ghosts, etc. If you want to talk about that, bless me and start your own post please. This is post so that the wise people that I know are on these boards can give advice.

May the wisdom and grace of the Holy Spirit be with you as you answer, and may your words be guided by His. Blessings

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't like to get involved much in demon possession either. The only examples we have are what scripture gives us. From what I read, they are self-hurting, unbelievable strong, causes foaming of the mouth and the likes such as these. I believe that one can be oppressed to the point of insanity, and this sounds like the case, but I can not sure. Has anyone asked this man, who claims to be a Christian, who Jesus is to him? A Christian cannot be possessed by a demon, but a non-Christian can.

Good point Onelight. he professes to be a christian, but I have not asked him the question directly. To do this I am going to have to talk to him, and I cannot find forgiveness in my heart that would overide the knife edge dislike/hate I feel for him. Umm that means he is winning already does it not?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Good point Onelight. he professes to be a christian, but I have not asked him the question directly. To do this I am going to have to talk to him, and I cannot find forgiveness in my heart that would overide the knife edge dislike/hate I feel for him. Umm that means he is winning already does it not?

That only tells me that you have very strong feeling toward what is going on. If he were winning, you would not be writing this! :whistling:

Allow the Holy Spirit to set up the question. He will let you know when it is the time to ask.

Blessings Onelight, I needed that. I will pray more for my attitude at the moment, than for whatever he is. Dealing with him/it can come later when I have polished the armor and checked the fastenings! I have a feeling I am going to need it more than I ever have before.

Blessings Onelight, I needed that. I will pray more for my attitude at the moment, than for whatever he is. Dealing with him/it can come later when I have polished the armor and checked the fastenings! I have a feeling I am going to need it more than I ever have before.

Ask the Lord to touch his heart and to show him what he is to the people around him.

You also need to forgive that person.........in your heart............with all honesty.

Man, I know that, and am having trouble with it. What if this evil I feel emanating from him is possession as I questioned in my (long), post? Who or what am I then forgiving?

Man, I know that, and am having trouble with it. What if this evil I feel emanating from him is possession as I questioned in my (long), post? Who or what am I then forgiving?

You are forgiving the individual. The Lord knows your intentions. He knows you are not asking Him to forgive the demons within that man.

Luke 23

34 Then Jesus said,

Can't I try and beat (not in the literal sense), them out of him?