Chiquita

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I am almost certain that "tourettes syndrome" is most definitely demonic. Has anybody seen people with this so called syndrome? How can people actually think that's a syndrome? It's so obvious from the behavior that it is demonic!

People with tourettes don't walk around yelling "I love you", just like people with schitzophrenia don't hear voices that say "Go and bake a cake for your neighbor"

It makes me wonder, are all mental illnesses demonic?

I wonder too.

I do believe that it's clear from scripture that God does not always heal in the physical realm (especially with Paul NOT being healed for a problem with his eye), that God ALWAYS wants to heal the spirit. Over and over we are told, the physical does not matter, only the spirit is what matters.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would recommend you study Nouthetic Counseling, which is Bible-based. I am finishing up a ten-week (not adequate at all in my idea) class on Biblical Counseling, and that is what we studied.

The world has become Humanized in the name of a demon I like to call "being politically correct". (Humanism is actually the religion of atheists, whether they know it or not) Since a Humanized world will not admit that God exists, it will not label anything as sin or demonic activity, either, partially because it doesn't want to be so mean as to openly label anyone with anything so "mean". Instead, sin is called sickness and demonic activity a disorder or psychoses. This allows for the problem to continue, hoping that human will or discovery will triumoh over darkness without God.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in organic causes, too. Without the Kingdom of God's perfection on Earth, children are born with defects, brains degenerate, etc. I personally think that doctors and modern medicine are a thing of God, whether they realize it or not, but we rely so much on these things, instead of God, we over prescribe the wrong things in the wrong situations, leaving many people helpless. We try to medicate sin and rehabilitate demons inappropriately, and we see the results of it, don't we?

Once again, it is called Nouthetic Counseling. The author of our text books was Jay E. Adams. I believe he has 8 books out books out, two of which we used: "Competent to Counsel" and "The Christian Counselor's Manual"

WOW!!! Thank you so much! I will research it and get studying.

please be very careful with this. nouthetic counseling can be dangerous and has done harm to many people. a friend of mine went to a nouthetic counselor when her infant son died. the "counselor" asked her what sin she thought was in her life that caused this to happen. and that is the core belief of nc: all struggles are caused by sin. so they try to get people to stop sinning by thumping them over the head with a bible. there is little compassion and grace with nc.

i would first google nouthetic counseling and get the pros and cons of it from what others have to say before you delve into it too deeply. and btw, nc has little to say about psychoses.

Sadly, you are right to a degree. Like the Bible, Biblical Counseling has been abused. Without the Holy Spirit present, nothing gets done. Also, without people submitting themselves to the Bible BEFORE counseling begins, nothing productive can happen.

That is an awful thing that happened, no doubt, but honestly, just from sitting in class I felt like I became a different person. I also do think that a lot of our problems stem from sin, but not things like the death of children. People just need to be careful and use wisdom with counseling, because counseling without the Bible gives us no goal to reach or purpose in life. We need purpose in our lives. If the Word of God is not used to bring life (even if it involves the painful process of pruning), it is being abused.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

I would recommend you study Nouthetic Counseling, which is Bible-based. I am finishing up a ten-week (not adequate at all in my idea) class on Biblical Counseling, and that is what we studied.

The world has become Humanized in the name of a demon I like to call "being politically correct". (Humanism is actually the religion of atheists, whether they know it or not) Since a Humanized world will not admit that God exists, it will not label anything as sin or demonic activity, either, partially because it doesn't want to be so mean as to openly label anyone with anything so "mean". Instead, sin is called sickness and demonic activity a disorder or psychoses. This allows for the problem to continue, hoping that human will or discovery will triumoh over darkness without God.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in organic causes, too. Without the Kingdom of God's perfection on Earth, children are born with defects, brains degenerate, etc. I personally think that doctors and modern medicine are a thing of God, whether they realize it or not, but we rely so much on these things, instead of God, we over prescribe the wrong things in the wrong situations, leaving many people helpless. We try to medicate sin and rehabilitate demons inappropriately, and we see the results of it, don't we?

Once again, it is called Nouthetic Counseling. The author of our text books was Jay E. Adams. I believe he has 8 books out books out, two of which we used: "Competent to Counsel" and "The Christian Counselor's Manual"

WOW!!! Thank you so much! I will research it and get studying.

please be very careful with this. nouthetic counseling can be dangerous and has done harm to many people. a friend of mine went to a nouthetic counselor when her infant son died. the "counselor" asked her what sin she thought was in her life that caused this to happen. and that is the core belief of nc: all struggles are caused by sin. so they try to get people to stop sinning by thumping them over the head with a bible. there is little compassion and grace with nc.

i would first google nouthetic counseling and get the pros and cons of it from what others have to say before you delve into it too deeply. and btw, nc has little to say about psychoses.

Sadly, you are right to a degree. Like the Bible, Biblical Counseling has been abused. Without the Holy Spirit present, nothing gets done. Also, without people submitting themselves to the Bible BEFORE counseling begins, nothing productive can happen.

That is an awful thing that happened, no doubt, but honestly, just from sitting in class I felt like I became a different person. I also do think that a lot of our problems stem from sin, but not things like the death of children. People just need to be careful and use wisdom with counseling, because counseling without the Bible gives us no goal to reach or purpose in life. We need purpose in our lives. If the Word of God is not used to bring life (even if it involves the painful process of pruning), it is being abused.

I think wisdom is always a must when it comes to counseling people. Wouldn't you say that was rather judgemental of the counselor to say that about her sin in regards to her baby? Did the counselor honestly think that is what our loving Lord Jesus would have said to that poor woman? I would say that is kind of manipulative, you can't coarse people to stop sinning. We need Jesus!!!

I am careful in all I read. I always try to pray and ask God to lead me but thank you all for your replies.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I think it's demonic but you'd be called and intollerant, ignoramus if you suggested such a thing... and then you'd be fired. Be careful.

This answer is ignorant. Mental illness can be and is in many cases causes by genetics and brain chemistry. People with psychosis are NOT demonic. That is a terrible thing to say.

• Thumbs Up 2

BTW, I know MANY Christians with schizophrenia. They are NOT demonic. I can't believe any Christian would make that accusation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody here on earth knows any of this for certain, including myself. I don't make absolutes because I don't know, but I have a right to think what I want. And I'm certainly open to changing my mind and would be happy to do so if you can enlighten me. I just think that people plagued with homicidal and suicidal voices might be possessed. And my opinion isn't ignorant. I have given it much thought and some study too. Have you ever thought about the fact that most times, people don't become schitzophrenic until they are in their late teens? How do you know that rather than being genetic, it is not just passed down in the spiritual realm, rather than being in the dna? Do you know why their brain chemistry is different? You seem to be able to make absolute statements so you must be more well versed than the medical community - who still doesn't have all of the answers.

How do you know that people you know who have schitzophrenia are not possessed or oppressed by demons?

Jesus spoke of demon possession. In your opinion, what would someone who is demon possessed be like?

I don't know if you are anyone else on this earth is possessed by a demon. Anyone could be. Why specific to schizophrenics and mental illnesses? Are people born with epilepsy possessed by demons? Is cancer and heart disease and diabetes demonic?

I am sure you can sense this is a touchy subject for me. I have suffered with mental illness since I was a child and am still to this day trying hard to overcome it. I know for a fact that it runs in my family. I had an aunt that killed herself a few years back due to bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. On my dad's side of the family, there is a long line of mental illnesses. My paternal grandmother died while self medicating. I believe that she passed on to me whatever she had because we were a lot a like, according to my dad.

I do understand where you are coming from. And, it could be a possibility that some of these people are being controlled by demons. However, I would not narrow it down to just those with mental illnesses. I'm sure mentally stable people can be possessed as well.

Wow, sorry for being so long winded.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

If it walks like a duck. . . .

Good answer Nebula!

I don't know if you are anyone else on this earth is possessed by a demon. Anyone could be. Why specific to schizophrenics and mental illnesses? Are people born with epilepsy possessed by demons? Is cancer and heart disease and diabetes demonic?

I can't say for certain on any of this, but cancer seems to be a physical problem. They have ways to treat it physically and ways to prevent it physically (like not smoking, avoiding sunburn etc) I don't think people with cancer hear destructive voices in their heads.

I am sure you can sense this is a touchy subject for me. I have suffered with mental illness since I was a child and am still to this day trying hard to overcome it. I know for a fact that it runs in my family. I had an aunt that killed herself a few years back due to bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. On my dad's side of the family, there is a long line of mental illnesses. My paternal grandmother died while self medicating. I believe that she passed on to me whatever she had because we were a lot a like, according to my dad.

I am sorry to hear about this. I will pray for you. I understand why this is a touchy subject for you. :thumbsup::whistling::emot-hug:

Asecretchord: Have you asked for prayer here? If not, I would like to start a thread under prayer requests. I do believe God is ALWAYS wanting to heal the mind and the spirit.