Chiquita

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Asecretchord: Have you asked for prayer here? If not, I would like to start a thread under prayer requests. I do believe God is ALWAYS wanting to heal the mind and the spirit.

Unfortunately for some reason I cannot start new threads. I was going to start a prayer thread for me. I really am struggling quite a bit, especially with OCD. I wish it would just go away. I have been praying a lot.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

I don't know if you are anyone else on this earth is possessed by a demon. Anyone could be. Why specific to schizophrenics and mental illnesses? Are people born with epilepsy possessed by demons? Is cancer and heart disease and diabetes demonic?

I am sure you can sense this is a touchy subject for me. I have suffered with mental illness since I was a child and am still to this day trying hard to overcome it. I know for a fact that it runs in my family. I had an aunt that killed herself a few years back due to bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. On my dad's side of the family, there is a long line of mental illnesses. My paternal grandmother died while self medicating. I believe that she passed on to me whatever she had because we were a lot a like, according to my dad.

I do understand where you are coming from. And, it could be a possibility that some of these people are being controlled by demons. However, I would not narrow it down to just those with mental illnesses. I'm sure mentally stable people can be possessed as well.

Wow, sorry for being so long winded.

Well, that was the exact purpose of my original question/post. Is is or isn't it and I am glad you replied. I don't think anyone here was accusing mentally ill people of being possessed - we were simply discussing the possibility. Again, that you for your reply.

:thumbsup:

I know for a fact that it runs in my family. I had an aunt that killed herself a few years back due to bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. On my dad's side of the family, there is a long line of mental illnesses. My paternal grandmother died while self medicating. I believe that she passed on to me whatever she had because we were a lot a like, according to my dad.

Hmmm... Please do not take offense to what I am about to say because it is merely an idea. But could this be a generational curse??? A prayer thread would certainly do you some real good.

so sorry asecretchord! are you in treatment for this? what kinds of treatments have they done for you? any kind of desensitization? CBT? unfortunately, we cannot wish these kinds of struggles away. we are all on our own journeys to becoming more like Christ. i do believe in healing, and i pray you find yours!

I am seeing a therapist regularly and going through a DBT Therapy book with her. I also am praying a lot!!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Its very difficult to discuss this topic without offending someone. Its not the intent...but its a touchy and personal thing to discuss the possible causes for mental instability. I happen to be one of those who believes that most mental illness is a result of spiritual oppression (not necessarily possession.)

DBT Therapy is based on Buddist teachings and meditation practices...so be careful with that. Its still better than drugs...I think.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Can I add a thread for you?

Can I also suggest that you pray using scripture? You need to use all the weapons available. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I think it's demonic but you'd be called and intollerant, ignoramus if you suggested such a thing... and then you'd be fired. Be careful.

This answer is ignorant. Mental illness can be and is in many cases causes by genetics and brain chemistry. People with psychosis are NOT demonic. That is a terrible thing to say.

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be "Not all people with psychosis are demonic."

We know Jesus cast out a spirit causing one to be deaf and dumb, what prevents a demon with legal access to an individual from also preventing proper brain chemistry?

Mr 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

We know Jesus cast out a spirit causing one to be deaf and dumb, what prevents a demon with legal access to an individual from also preventing proper brain chemistry?

I've wondered a lot about the brain chemistry and wondered whether or not demons essentially affect this through our thoughts. I have little doubt that a person with depression is dwelling on depressing thoughts ("woe is me, life sucks, I can't do anything right, nobody likes me" etc). But if a person with depression made a serious commitment to try to continually dwell on good and positive thoughts ("God loves me, I can do all things through Christ, God has a plan for me, What a beautiful day, Aren't those flowers gorgeous"etc) would they continue to be depressed? And would their brain chemistry then change? I know of no actual studies like this but I do know the Bible tells us to pay attention to our thoughts, and to concentrate on the good, and to be in a constant state of thanksgiving - in our minds.

:thumbsup:

DBT Therapy is based on Buddist teachings and meditation practices...so be careful with that. Its still better than drugs...I think.

Any sources on this information? I have not noticed anything in the book relating to buddism or any other distorted religion.