Chiquita

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I try to be mindful of Christ's presence and also the beauty in His world.
:thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

The devil is very subtle.

I don't feel like it's the devil's therapy because I'm using the "mindfulness/mediation" in a Christian manner. For instance, they want you to be mindful of the things arounds you (a tree, a dog, a cloud). I try to be mindful of Christ's presence and also the beauty in His world. I consider prayer my form of meditation. I think as long as you use the therapy and incorporate your faith therein, it will work.

I think you are handling it the best way you can...and I'm glad that you are trying to incorporate your own faith into what you are being taught. Please DO NOT think I am attempting to discourage you because NOTHING could be further from the truth.

With that said...I literally got goosebumps reading what you wrote. Mindfulness meditation is a STRONG buddhist philosophy. It is firmly based in humanistic type of self-awareness and affirmation. Mindfulness is important in the teaching of the Buddha where it is affirmed that "correct" or "right" mindfulness is the critical factor in the path to "liberation" and subsequent "enlightenment."

Just be careful sister. If mental anguish is, even in part, a spiritual oppression...then what better way to deepen that anguish and further separate people from Jesus Christ than to expose them to more spiritual oppression through the lies and deceit of false religions and doctrines.

:glare::):taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this? :glare:

Thank you in advance, guys!

Chiquita

Could be either or both.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I think you are handling it the best way you can...and I'm glad that you are trying to incorporate your own faith into what you are being taught. Please DO NOT think I am attempting to discourage you because NOTHING could be further from the truth.

I can vouch for that. lol. Sometimes Axx and I even disagree but I never doubt his sincerity or caring.

As far as the rest, I don't know enough to comment. I know the Bible talks of meditation but I think it's more meditating on his goodness (as you do) and his word. I don't think a warning tp be cautious is out line at all.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Don't worry, I'll be careful. This therapy for me is important. My faith is even more important.

Trust me, if I felt it was against my beliefs I would not be going through it.

Edited by asecretchord

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Blessings, Chiquita:

The Holy Scriptures speak of many mental anomalies. Some are unclean spirits and some are of the devil. I have listed just a few below.

I John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:

Luke 11:24 Jesus said When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

Of Jesus, the Holy Scriptures testify that:

Matthew 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatic, and those that had the palsey; and he healed them.

palsy is the greatest weakness of the body, possession of the devil, which is the greatest misery and calamity of both

lunatic here means crazy which is the greatesy malady of the mind known in the medical field as psychosis

σεληνιάζομαι

selēniazomai

sel-ay-nee-ad'-zom-ahee

Middle or passive voice from a presumed derivative of G4582; to be moon struck, that is, crazy: - be lunatic.

Many people, even those that love the Lord, have developed psychosis after severe head trauma, or brain disease such as viral encephalitis, menningitis, brain cancer, etc, or some traumatic emotional event in their lives, etc., so there are other reasons for the cause of psychosis besides demons and the devil.

With the advance of psychotrophic medicine and therapy some people can live normal lives today, even so, all praise and honor goes to Jesus Christ, the giver of all good things.

Nikki

Edited by nikki1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Caution and prayers. Caution and prayer whether following Jay Adams too closely or trusting that a therapist will be effective because of claims to be Christian. Psychosis is said to be related to severe abuse or haywire brain chemistry, but either way there can be demonic elements. This is a valuable discussion. I should add study to caution and prayers. I have a MA in Marriage and Family Therapy but am still suspicious, cautious and prayerful. I suppose we should add a full measure of grace to the entire arena of discussion. Blessings, Pam.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

I HAVE GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I have been speaking to the manager in the units regarding having a pastor come in and have prayer group with the kids who are here -inhouse- at the mental health facility I work in and she has agreed to move forward with it once the Medical Director okays it!

Let's all pray on him to open his heart to the pastors - his name is Dr Williamson!

GOD IS GOOD!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi everyone, I work at mental health facility and there are a lot of people -including kids- admitted for psychosis. The voices they hear tell them to kill themselves and others. They are giving anti-psychotic medication and discharged after they no longer hear voices.

Does anybody have any information on psychosis? I'm simply ignorant regardings this illness. Is it a demonic presence or can a person really get ill like this? :huh:

Thank you in advance, guys!

Chiquita

I think it can be demonic and just an illness.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

I HAVE GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I have been speaking to the manager in the units regarding having a pastor come in and have prayer group with the kids who are here -inhouse- at the mental health facility I work in and she has agreed to move forward with it once the Medical Director okays it!

Let's all pray on him to open his heart to the pastors - his name is Dr Williamson!

GOD IS GOOD!!!

SUPER! yes, let us pray this gets approved! keep us posted.

**UPDATE**

We got the okay from Dr Williamson to bring Pastors for prayer group for the kids and adults on the floors that are in patient!!!

Everyone agreed that would be very beneficial for them. Isn't God GREAT!!!!! :taped:

Thanks for everyone's prayers!!!

• Praise God! 1